Can my PSU run 2 EVGA GTX 780 Ti in SLI?

BadassOverlord
Go to solution Solved by SnowGhost1212,

Check the "How many watts do I need?" Thread.

If you don't overclock, yes. I wouldn't attempt any significant overclocks though.

EDIT: 780ti sli for 1080p (the monitor in the partlist) is so redundant and unnecessary.

Case: Corsair 4000D Airflow; Motherboard: MSI ZZ490 Gaming Edge; CPU: i7 10700K @ 5.1GHz; Cooler: Noctua NHD15S Chromax; RAM: Corsair LPX DDR4 32GB 3200MHz; Graphics Card: Asus RTX 3080 TUF; Power: EVGA SuperNova 750G2; Storage: 2 x Seagate Barracuda 1TB; Crucial M500 240GB & MX100 512GB; Keyboard: Logitech G710+; Mouse: Logitech G502; Headphones / Amp: HiFiMan Sundara Mayflower Objective 2; Monitor: Asus VG27AQ

Yes but just barely.

Quick tip quicke, in PCPP you can add another gpu and it tells you your total system usage. Though that's based off TDP and not entirely correct it gives you a good idea.

If you don't overclock, yes. I wouldn't attempt any significant overclocks though.

EDIT: 780ti for 1080p (the monitor in the partlist) is so redundant and unnecessary.

Oh, I'm going to be upgrading to a 4k monitor soon. I just wanted to prepare haha. And this GPU is factory Overclocked, will it still run ok? I don't really want my PSU to be maxed out all the time lol. And no i don't overclock at all

Yeah but i recommend a 850w psu just to be safe. Get a evga g2 850w psu. It would just barely run it so don't overclock it. 

Yes but just barely.

Quick tip quicke, in PCPP you can add another gpu and it tells you your total system usage. Though that's based off TDP and not entirely correct it gives you a good idea.

I checked that, but i learned from this forum that watts aren't everything. There are things that depend on something to do with 12v in the psu apparently. :/

Yeah but i recommend a 850w psu just to be safe. Get a evga g2 850w psu. It would just barely run it so don't overclock it. 

umm...i recently bought this pc remember?

I checked that, but i learned from this forum that watts aren't everything. There are things that depend on something to do with 12v in the psu apparently. :/

It'll run but I would go ASAP to get at least an 850W power supply.

umm...i recently bought this pc remember?

i though it was planning but still you should go with a 850w psu just to be on the safe side. 

Oh, I'm going to be upgrading to a 4k monitor soon. I just wanted to prepare haha. And this GPU is factory Overclocked, will it still run ok? I don't really want my PSU to be maxed out all the time lol. And no i don't overclock at allFa

Factory overclock cards will run no differently. If you don't want your power supply running near full, then I would get a single 780ti.

Case: Corsair 4000D Airflow; Motherboard: MSI ZZ490 Gaming Edge; CPU: i7 10700K @ 5.1GHz; Cooler: Noctua NHD15S Chromax; RAM: Corsair LPX DDR4 32GB 3200MHz; Graphics Card: Asus RTX 3080 TUF; Power: EVGA SuperNova 750G2; Storage: 2 x Seagate Barracuda 1TB; Crucial M500 240GB & MX100 512GB; Keyboard: Logitech G710+; Mouse: Logitech G502; Headphones / Amp: HiFiMan Sundara Mayflower Objective 2; Monitor: Asus VG27AQ

If you are planning for 4k, get 6GB models, or go for R9 290X.

Also, the EVGA SuperNOVA G2 850W is a much better PSU and only costs $100-$120.

"I genuinely dislike the promulgation of false information, especially to people who are asking for help selecting new parts."

i wouldn't expect any good overclocks

but $300 for 750w.... god dammit corsair

Nvidia is to Dr Dre Beets as AMD is to KFC.

One makes you broke, the other you can get more of and have a midnight snack from the fridge when hungry again. Once you go Nvidia, you go broked, turn into an Elitist, or get the incorrect amount of VRAM.

- WCCFTECH

I was only 9 years old. I loved Fifflaren so much, I had all the NiP merchandise and matches pirated. I prayed to Fifflaren every night before bed. Thanking him for the life I have been given. Fifflaren is love I say. Fifflaren is life. My dad hears and calls me a fuckhead. I knew he was just jelly of my passion for Fifflaren. I called him a Sw@yer. He hits me and sends me to go to sleep. I'm crying now, and my face hurts. I lay in bed and it's really cold. A warmth is moving towards me. I feel someone touching me. I feel someone touching me. It's Fifflaren. I am so happy. He whispers in my ear; "this is my pyjama". He grabs me with his powerful Swedish hands and puts me on my hands and knees. I'm ready. I spread my ass cheeks for Fifflaren. He penetrates my butt-hole. It hurts so much but I do it for Fifflaren. I can feel my butt tearing as my eyes start to water. I push against his force. I want to please Fifflaren. He roars a viking roar as he fills my butt with his love. My dad walks in. Fifflaren looks straight into his eyes and says; "He is a ninja now". Fifflaren is love, Fifflaren is life 

Factory overclock cards will run no differently. If you don't want your power supply running near full, then I would get a single 780ti.

Im fine with near full. I just dont want it to be hitting its cap like maxed out. Would i be bottlenecking myself though? I plan NO overclocks at all and my CPU isn't overlocked at all.

The thing is guys, i already own this system and have for over 2 months now. I'm gonna add this to the main post.

The thing is guys, i already own this system and have for over 2 months now. I'm gonna add this to the main post.

Yes, you will be ok running SLI with a 750W PSU.

"I genuinely dislike the promulgation of false information, especially to people who are asking for help selecting new parts."

You will be fine with a 750W psu. 

What about connectors? With my specific PSU would I have enough 'molex' 8 pin connectors or whatever? xD

And also what can i overclock my cpu to around 4.2 Ghz and still SLI? thanks

What about connectors? With my specific PSU would I have enough 'molex' 8 pin connectors or whatever? xD

And also what can i overclock my cpu to around 4.2 Ghz and still SLI? thanks

You can OC the CPU, leave teh GPU at stock and run it perfectly fine off of 750w. You can even OC a little bit.If you are going for high OC or even OV then you will need 850-1000w.

Expect less than 300W per card, leaving 150W for an overclocked 84W TDP CPU and everything else. That said, it's unlikely the GPU's and CPU's will run at 100% load at 1080p, or ever. It should be fine.

Also I really hope you didn't buy a TX750M for $300.