2 screws will not come out of laptop

Emperor_Piehead

I want to open up my laptop for some dusting and probably some TIM since when ever I play a casual game it will rocket to 75c with max fan and throttling. My laptop has 9 screws and of them will not come out and will spin up make a clicking sound and fall down a little and repeats that cycle. I don't know what could cause it as the other 7 came out without a problem.

I think the groves at the top of the head may have been destroyed if you know what I mean.

Is this the real life? Or is this just fantasy?

You've got to stop unscrewing them just after they click and fall down a little. This is the point where the threads are not biting. If you do this for all screws, you should be able to lift the back of your laptop right off.

Feel free to message me if you want to chat!

You may have to resort to just ripping it out.

"It pays to keep an open mind, but not so open your brain falls out." - Carl Sagan.

"I can explain it to you, but I can't understand it for you" - Edward I. Koch

Deleted.

"It pays to keep an open mind, but not so open your brain falls out." - Carl Sagan.

You may have to resort to just ripping it out.

My friend tried that earlier with a pocket knife and now it will neither screw back in or come out

My friend tried that earlier with a pocket knife and now it will neither screw back in or come out

Shouldn't be a big deal. A couple screws won't do anything.

Shouldn't be a big deal. A couple screws won't do anything.

I want to get the screw out to get to the inside and its one of the main 4 screws 

I think the groves at the top of the head may have been destroyed if you know what I mean.

No I don't really

I want to get the screw out to get to the inside and its one of the main 4 screws 

Yeah I know. I meant...if you destroy the screws in any way after getting them out...shouldn't hurt the laptop's strength in any significant way.

Yeah I know. I meant...if you destroy the screws in any way after getting them out...shouldn't hurt the laptop's strength in any significant way.

Ok you just said it a bit weird I'm going to see tomorrow if my grandfather can do anything since he is good with tools and even with pliers I can't get the screw out

Ok you just said it a bit weird

How?

How?

It wasn't clear with the quote you matched it with, but its mostly me probably who didn't get it not you phrasing it weird.

It wasn't clear with the quote you matched it with, but its mostly me probably who didn't get it not you phrasing it weird.

Okay.

It's possible that the screws in question are designed to be self-retaining screws - that is, they are designed not to fall out. So, as bchampion96 said, you should stop unscrewing them after they click.

Be careful about trying to force things. There are often screws under the keyboard (or other places on the top) that also need to be removed to get the back off.

Have you checked the manufacturers website for details on how to disassemble the laptop? (Highly recommended.)

A sieve may not hold water, but it will hold another sieve.

i5-6600, 16Gigs, ITX Corsair 250D, R9 390, 120Gig M.2 boot, 500Gig SATA SSD, no HDD