Microsoft offers 3GB of additional storage to students

TGBSeth

the only cloud storage i use is MEGA.co.nz

Love, absolutely love, that site. Everyone should use it

Never trust a man, who, when left alone with a tea cosey... Doesn't try it on. Billy Connolly
Marriage is a wonderful invention: then again, so is a bicycle repair kit. Billy Connolly
Before you judge a man, walk a mile in his shoes. After that, who cares? He's a mile away and you've got his shoes. Billy Connolly

Love, absolutely love, that site. Everyone should use it

i used MegaUpload before all the crap happened, but MEGA is so clean and easy to use. + you get 50gb on a free account XD 

Proof:

Character artist in the Games industry.

That's very generous from Microsoft but I prefer not to have cloud storage

As a student, DropBox is a part of my daily life. I don't put sensitive stuff up there but I rely on that service to safely store my school papers and other course materials such as powerpoints so I can refer to them anywhere at any time.

Desert Storm PC | Corsair 600T | ASUS Sabertooth 990FX AM3+ | AMD FX-8350 | MSI 7950 TFIII | 16GB Corsair Vengeance 1600 | Seasonic X650W I Samsung 840 series 500GB SSD

Mobile Devices I ASUS Zenbook UX31E I Nexus 7 (2013) I Nexus 5 32GB (red)

Now I have 30GB on SkyDrive (7GB standard + 20GB from Office 365 + this 3GB). Not even sure if I'll use that much....

Meanwhile, I have 78GB on Dropbox, haha.

I have seen users on Copy.com who have close to 1TB of free storage which they earned via referrals. That's crazy!

If you are looking for a clean UI, Copy is hard to beat. I am loving their service thus far. Might make the jump from Dropbox to their service completely. 

I just started looking into Copy, seems like a good service and it has good reviews.  Between Copy and MEGA there seems to be little need for Skydrive haha

Wow, this is very generous of Microsoft... sooooo... whats the catch? do they monitor your data and sell it for profit or something? MS have to have an angle here

Well, they went from 25GB free to 7GB free, so... :P

Yeah I just started using Copy.

If anyone wants to sign up under me, we both receive an extra 5GB. (20gb)

https://copy.com?r=VqPQGz

If you don't want to sign up under me here's a link to the page. (15gb)

https://copy.com

I've been using dropbox as my primary due to the 50gb promotion from buying my galaxy S3 last year... sadly that promotion is going to end and suck all my storage out the window. Copy seems like a good alternative with a clean mobile and desktop app. With a massive promotion of +5gb space per referral with no apparent limits.

I tried using microsofts cloud service... didn't care very much for it. It just felt wrong to use it.

You keep using that word. I do not think it means what you think it means.
Users cannot, and will not securely manage key material. Most users can't and the ones that can, wont.

Ask me about Bitcoin, Litecoin, Crypto-Currencies, and/or Mining them.

Haha I forgot about that, they used to have 25GB and then they got rid of it last April.  I guess this extra 3GB doesn't seem like much anymore.

Yeah I just started using Copy.

If anyone wants to sign up under me, we both receive an extra 5GB. (20gb)

https://copy.com?r=VqPQGz

If you don't want to sign up under me here's a link to the page. (15gb)

https://copy.com

I've been using dropbox as my primary due to the 50gb promotion from buying my galaxy S3 last year... sadly that promotion is going to end and suck all my storage out the window. Copy seems like a good alternative with a clean mobile and desktop app. With a massive promotion of +5gb space per referral with no apparent limits.

I tried using microsofts cloud service... didn't care very much for it. It just felt wrong to use it.

Hey man, just signed up with your link!  Thanks, I have 20GB now :)

Their upload size is limited so I don't use their cloud services. I use Google Drive because it has a bigger size limit than Skydrive.

Hello and Welcome to LTT Forum!

If you are a new member, please read the rules located in "Forum News and Info". Thanks!  :)

Linus Tech Tips Forum Code of Conduct           FAQ           Privacy Policy & Legal Disclaimer

So THATS the catch LOL :D knew there had to be something ;)

Never trust a man, who, when left alone with a tea cosey... Doesn't try it on. Billy Connolly
Marriage is a wonderful invention: then again, so is a bicycle repair kit. Billy Connolly
Before you judge a man, walk a mile in his shoes. After that, who cares? He's a mile away and you've got his shoes. Billy Connolly

3GB is almost nothing, really. Wouldn't even be enough to backup my music project files (on their own they're between 1 to 10 MB each, but I have thousands....) and that is without the recordings... Then again, this is intended for documents, thus already making it redundant since everyone is using Google Docs by now.

In case the moderators do not ban me as requested, this is a notice that I have left and am not coming back.

3GB is almost nothing, really. Wouldn't even be enough to backup my music project files (on their own they're between 1 to 10 MB each, but I have thousands....) and that is without the recordings... Then again, this is intended for documents, thus already making it redundant since everyone is using Google Docs by now.

Ya documents sort of make sense since its only for College students.  But overall, those same college students would be better off with another service that offers even more storage without any temporary promotions.

Ya documents sort of make sense since its only for College students.  But overall, those same college students would be better off with another service that offers even more storage without any temporary promotions.

It's nice if you use Office 365, where it saves things to SkyDrive.

It's nice if you use Office 365, where it saves things to SkyDrive.

I use Office 365 which is why I originally started using Sky Drive, but now I just save them to my computer and upload the docs to another storage service.