Empirical By Darkmatter

Darkmatter35

Hello Linus Tech Tips forum members!

I while back I was on this forum planning out my system, Empirical. My goal for this build was to elegantly design a computer in the Silverstone FT02. I made sure my cable and color management was pristine in order to create my dream pc!

Hardware: 

• Core i7 4790k (stock clocks)
  • Asus Z97 Sabertooth Mother Board
  • EVGA GTX970 x2 
  • Corsair Dominator Platinum Ram 4x4gb Dimms 1866mhz total of 16gb
  • Noctua NH-D15
  • Silvertone Strider Gold 1000W
  • 2x WD Green 2TB hard drives in Raid 1
  • Samsung 840 Evo 250gb ssd
  • Lamptron FC5 V2 Controlling 3x Enermax TB Apollish fans in the bottom of the FT02

Anyway over the past month I have done a huge amount of cosmetic adjustments to the build. So those of you that don't remember I am using the Silverstone FT02 as my case. In my opinion it is the best case of its kind.

Here are some pictures of the build as it stands 

2wm48ec.jpg

30k7spj.jpg

i19n46.jpg

kb63hj.jpg

24yvm05.jpg

ncgtix.jpg

And after a few months waiting for the GTX970's to be released I have the finished product!

akirmf.jpg

qz3nk2.jpg

4tn8kh.jpg

17bn0m.jpg

2nvclnc.jpg

Overall mods to the system

• Fully Custom cables 
  • Replaced the side panel window with a custom ordered Acrylic sheet that is very high quality and abrasion resistant
  • Plasti Dipped the Asus Sabertooth Mobo sheild
  • Plasti Dipped the frame of the Noctua A-15 CPU fan
  • Plasti Dipped the tops of my Dominator ram modules 

• 3 weeks later...

Your cable management makes me ashamed of my own :P

Specs: 4790k | Asus Z-97 Pro Wifi | MX100 512GB SSD | NZXT H440 Plastidipped Black | Dark Rock 3 CPU Cooler | MSI 290x Lightning | EVGA 850 G2 | 3x Noctua Industrial NF-F12's

Bought a powermac G5, expect a mod log sometime in 2015

Corsair is overrated, and Anime is ruined by the people who watch it

Thanks Everyone! It is my pride and joy! More updates to come! Cough** Cough** HURRY UP 900 SERIES  :lol:

How did I miss this...MOAR PICS

i5 4670k| Asrock H81M-ITX| EVGA Nex 650g| WD Black 500Gb| H100 with SP120s| ASUS Matrix 7970 Platinum (just sold)| Patriot Venom 1600Mhz 8Gb| Bitfenix Prodigy. Build log in progress 

Build Log here: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/119926-yin-yang-prodigy-update-2-26-14/

• 1 year later...

Hello Guys! Its been a whole year can you believe it! A lot has happened since my last post and I have a lot to show you guys. Sadly I have no picture for ya'll because I am lazy :P , and my computer isn't quite perfect. Since the last post I have ordered and installed my dual 970's as well as set up my two beautiful Asus PB278Q's. When I got my GPU's I never made cables for them because I was low on supplies at the time and I have been running them with stock gpu cables ever since. Right now I am in the middle of my first semester of college so time is a bit hard to come by! I think that once winter comes and my semester is over I will have time to order more cable sleeve and pins so I can finish my build! I will try to keep you guys updated on the build when I start it up again. But until then I will be busy at school! Finishing picture will come!

any plans of watercooling?

Unfortunately the Silverstone FT02 case is a bitch to watercool. I would have to get a massive radiator and modify the case to fit all the tubing ans such. When I get the budget to do so I will but I'm not sure if I will be sticking with the same case. Plus the whole point of the FT02 is excellent air cooling. I have the three 180mm fans at 1200rpm bowling at my Noctua NH-D15 and my two evga GTX 970's. My CPU idles at 22 degrees C and it never goes above 55 degrees C which is exceptional and very close to water cooling performance. My GPU's never go above 80 degrees C under load and are quiet and cool at idle. No need to water cool right now but I might when I have the budget.

• 4 weeks later...