Cool thing is asus makes a E ATX or XL ATX board (don't remember which) where you can have two of these in one system. Thats right 24 cores and 48 threads. Yeah baby!

Edzel needs moar memory !

aZ2ND.png

5820k@3.8GHz| Corsair H100i |Gigabyte x99 SLI | Corsair 16GB | EVGA 780Ti SC ACX SLI x2 |240GB SSD120GB SSD 512GB SSD 2TB HDD | 3x ASUS VN247H 24" ( nVidia Surround)

Edzel needs moar memory !

aZ2ND.png

JI20bBX.png

:(

CPU: AMD Ryzen 7 3700X - CPU Cooler: Deepcool Castle 240EX - Motherboard: MSI B450 GAMING PRO CARBON AC

RAM: 2 x 8GB Corsair Vengeance Pro RBG 3200MHz - GPU: MSI RTX 3080 GAMING X TRIO

JI20bBX.png

:(

Yet again, linus's love for ASUS WS motherboards amazes me. Get something that supports ecc memory! 

muh specs 

Gaming and HTPC (reparations)- ASUS 1080, MSI X99A SLI Plus, 5820k- 4.5GHz @ 1.25v, asetek based 360mm AIO, RM 1000x, 16GB memory, 750D with front USB 2.0 replaced with 3.0  ports, 2 250GB 850 EVOs in Raid 0 (why not, only has games on it), some hard drives

Screens- Acer preditor XB241H (1080p, 144Hz Gsync), LG 1080p ultrawide, (all mounted) directly wired to TV in other room

Stuff- k70 with reds, steel series rival, g13, full desk covering mouse mat

All parts black

Workstation(desk)- 3770k, 970 reference, 16GB of some crucial memory, a motherboard of some kind I don't remember, Micomsoft SC-512N1-L/DVI, CM Storm Trooper (It's got a handle, can you handle that?), 240mm Asetek based AIO, Crucial M550 256GB (upgrade soon), some hard drives, disc drives, and hot swap bays

Screens- 3  ASUS VN248H-P IPS 1080p screens mounted on a stand, some old tv on the wall above it. 

Stuff- Epicgear defiant (solderless swappable switches), g600, moutned mic and other stuff. 

Laptop docking area- 2 1440p korean monitors mounted, one AHVA matte, one samsung PLS gloss (very annoying, yes). Trashy Razer blackwidow chroma...I mean like the J key doesn't click anymore. I got a model M i use on it to, but its time for a new keyboard. Some edgy Utechsmart mouse similar to g600. Hooked to laptop dock for both of my dell precision laptops. (not only docking area)

Shelf- i7-2600 non-k (has vt-d), 380t, some ASUS sandy itx board, intel quad nic. Currently hosts shared files, setting up as pfsense box in VM. Also acts as spare gaming PC with a 580 or whatever someone brings. Hooked into laptop dock area via usb switch

jfc, does Edzel really use that much RAM?

why do so many good cases only come in black and white

Yah you would be surprised how much you can use when not gaming. 

muh specs 

Gaming and HTPC (reparations)- ASUS 1080, MSI X99A SLI Plus, 5820k- 4.5GHz @ 1.25v, asetek based 360mm AIO, RM 1000x, 16GB memory, 750D with front USB 2.0 replaced with 3.0  ports, 2 250GB 850 EVOs in Raid 0 (why not, only has games on it), some hard drives

Screens- Acer preditor XB241H (1080p, 144Hz Gsync), LG 1080p ultrawide, (all mounted) directly wired to TV in other room

All parts black

Workstation(desk)- 3770k, 970 reference, 16GB of some crucial memory, a motherboard of some kind I don't remember, Micomsoft SC-512N1-L/DVI, CM Storm Trooper (It's got a handle, can you handle that?), 240mm Asetek based AIO, Crucial M550 256GB (upgrade soon), some hard drives, disc drives, and hot swap bays

Screens- 3  ASUS VN248H-P IPS 1080p screens mounted on a stand, some old tv on the wall above it. 

Stuff- Epicgear defiant (solderless swappable switches), g600, moutned mic and other stuff. 

Laptop docking area- 2 1440p korean monitors mounted, one AHVA matte, one samsung PLS gloss (very annoying, yes). Trashy Razer blackwidow chroma...I mean like the J key doesn't click anymore. I got a model M i use on it to, but its time for a new keyboard. Some edgy Utechsmart mouse similar to g600. Hooked to laptop dock for both of my dell precision laptops. (not only docking area)

Shelf- i7-2600 non-k (has vt-d), 380t, some ASUS sandy itx board, intel quad nic. Currently hosts shared files, setting up as pfsense box in VM. Also acts as spare gaming PC with a 580 or whatever someone brings. Hooked into laptop dock area via usb switch

"wipes drool" that system specs, 12 core glory

I just can't comperhand that editing footage, adding some special effects and text... isn't just time consuming, but it requires so much CPU and GPU power.

It's impressive how much ram you use when you start adding large amounts of layers, long uncompressed videos etc. to premiere and after effects

Normandy - Intel Core i5 3470, 8 GB Corsair Vengenace LP, EVGA GTX 960 SSC, Gigabyte GA-Z77M-D3H-MVP, WD Blue 1 TB, Seagate 320 GB (steam), Seagate 320 GB (experimental, second OS, etc), Windows 8.1 + Ubuntu 14.10

Garrus - HP Stream 11

i want this!!!!

CPU: i7 4770k@4.3Ghz GPU: GTX 780ti Motherboard: ROG maximus vi formula PSU: Evga supernova 1000w Platinum

Case: NZXT Switch 810 Memory: g.skill ripjaws X Cooler: Corsair h100i(getting custom loop when i get money next) Storage: Samsung 840 evo 250gb Keyboard: Corsair K95 Mouse: SteelSeries Rival

Awesome system but I want to know what keyboard is on the desk when he switches to the office!
post-40263-0-71426000-1408502111_thumb.j

The year is 20XX. Everyone plays Fox at TAS levels of perfection. Because of this, the winner of a match depends solely on port priority. The RPS metagame has evolved to ridiculous levels due to it being the only remaining factor to decide matches.

Only Abate, Axe, and Wobbles can save us.

Hey guys I've been watching the coverage for this full room water cooling and I've been wondering something. Wouldn't the last computer in the loop have hotter water than the first? If all the computers are high end and at least some are rendering, wouldn't this mean that the last computer would have significant performance drop? Or is the difference just not noticeable? Second question, they live in Vancouver, and they're putting the rads outside right? I live in Ontario and I know that if I had a radiator outside the water in it would definitely freeze, or at least get damaged by rain or snow or hail. If anybody could answer that would be amazing, those have been bugging my brain for a bit :P maybe even @LinusTech ?

Was the 3.39GHz clock with the RAM still at 1400MHz? If so is it still stable if you bump that up? 

Overclocking the FSB simultaneously overclocks the ram; that's why he underclocked it before starting.

Hey guys I've been watching the coverage for this full room water cooling and I've been wondering something. Wouldn't the last computer in the loop have hotter water than the first? If all the computers are high end and at least some are rendering, wouldn't this mean that the last computer would have significant performance drop? Or is the difference just not noticeable?

That is a good point, I'm curious myself.  I don't know enough about "the plan" and am eager to see the results.

I live in Ontario

you poor bastard, me too T_T

I live in Ontario and I know that if I had a radiator outside the water in it would definitely freeze, or at least get damaged by rain or snow or hail.

See "North pacific current" to understand why Canadians hate(are very envious of) those pseudo-Canadians on the arse end of B.C. 

We Ontarians get "Alberta clippers", and the "Lake effect", and they both sux.

As for the rad(s), I assume there is part of "the plan" to cover it from direct sun light, which I suspect is a greater threat to their temps in the summer then cold rain cool misty breeze they get in the winter.

Awesome system but I want to know what keyboard is on the desk when he switches to the office!

perfect moment

his face

muh specs 

All parts black

@LinusTech While you were finding the turbo mode toggle, I thought you were working up to finding the Load Line Calibration setting.  I was getting quite excited, and then I was let down.   :(

I can't wait to see this watercooling setup though, keep posting more videos like this!

Isopropyl alcohol is all you need for cleaning CPU's and motherboard components.  No, you don't need [insert cleaning solution here].  -Source: PhD Student, Chemistry

Why overclockers should understand Load-Line Calibration.

ASUS Rampage IV Black Edition || i7 3930k @ 4.5 GHz || 32 GB Corsair Vengeance CL8 || ASUS GTX 780 DCuII || ASUS Xonar Essence STX || XFX PRO 1000W

So question.

Is ramping up the base clock dangerous? Does it degrade the processors life more than increasing the multiplier?

why do so many good cases only come in black and white

But can it run Crysis?

Of course it can. A dual core can. 

muh specs 

All parts black

I was thanking you for this glorious image of Linus

perfect moment

his face

Lol! Not intended but ok!

Looks like an AZIO Levetron Mech5.

It has MX Blacks if you want to look into it.

Thanks!

The year is 20XX. Everyone plays Fox at TAS levels of perfection. Because of this, the winner of a match depends solely on port priority. The RPS metagame has evolved to ridiculous levels due to it being the only remaining factor to decide matches.

Only Abate, Axe, and Wobbles can save us.

Was the 3.39GHz clock with the RAM still at 1400MHz? If so is it still stable if you bump that up? 

he put the clockspeed the memory down so when he was upping the fsb the memory would not go over the rate speed it would still be "overclocked" to over 1400 but just in case you leave it it might be the memory getting unstable at higher then rated speeds instead of cpu (i might be wrong) 

If you tell a big enough lie and tell it frequently enough it will be believed.

-Adolf Hitler 

• 2 months later...

Maybe I missed it ... but wheres the video about the "Room water-cooling loop"

Can Anybody Link A Virtual Machine while I go download some RAM?