Linus Minecraft Server

Go to solution Solved by CrabCreations,

Delons made a Server ! Thanks to him, we have a LTT community on Minecraft 
Check out his topic in pc gaming, it is pinned on top

Hey Gamers & Mine-crafters! 

I thought it could be pretty cool if we could set up a Minecraft server for all members of Linustechtips who enjoy Minecraft or gaming in general.

We could make a fun community online, build together, discuss tech in-game and be creative! 

If enough people want to contribute to this server we could set up some games, different worlds for even more fun!

This stays an idea, I just want to hear your feedback and see if any other people would be interested in having a Linus MC Server! 

Contribute with ideas and suggestions :)

Crabz.

Yeah I'm up for it along with other games perhaps , CS, BF etc..

It would defo be fun to be able to play with the rest of the community in games rather than talk about tech sometimes so yeah I'm up for it. I haven't played MC in ages but I'm sure there are members (Lutzee) who would defo enjoy it.

Personally I think that LTT should have some sort of VOIP server (TS3) so that people can talk to each other once in a while and maybe play together that way.

Is this the real life? Or is this just fantasy?

Totally agree, this would be a great idea. Just PM if you need any help, I'd be glad to help. 

I think it would be a great project for the forum members to collaborate.

Thats a great idea. I would suggest doing a Feed The Beast minecraft server though, so much better then the orignal.

It's an awesome idea, though Vanilla minecraft has become somewhat stale, perhaps Feed the Beast as Barracuda said, it has so much more stuff for us to strive to gain.

Desktop- core-i7 3930k, ASUS Rampage IV Formula, Sapphire 7950 OC Edition V2 (Crossfire), HAF-X, Custom loop, 16GB G.Skill Ripjaws-Z F3, OCZ Vertex4 128GB, WD Black 2TB (Two), WD Green 1TB, WD VelociRaptor 1TB.

Laptop General- ASUS G75VW | Laptop paperweight- Dell XPS | Laptop Work- ASUS X54C | Laptop Coding- Toshiba Satellite C850

This sounds like a really good idea, maybe have a vote on which mod ( if any ) to install.

I second this idea...

I could do my best to get a Teamspeak server if there's enough interest

I've been running minecraft servers for about 2 years now and ts3 for about 3 years. If you have any questions feel free to ask.

(\__/)

(='.'=)

(")_(") This is Bunny.

Don't use team speak. Use razer comms, so much easier.

I prefer TS3 personally, the maintenace is alot easier

Im up to this. Havent played minecraft in a while...but I could go back :D

I have  a mumble with 15 slots that is not in use. If you want to use it I could give you guys the password. Won't post it here since anyone can find the password through google without being a member of the forum.

I also have an RaidCall group that people are welcome to use. ID: 

Just ask Drunk Uncle in the RC group if you need help or any new channels, apply for membership with your forum username as a comment/note.

They're sharing a drink they call loneliness, but it's better than drinkin' alone...

BitFenix Prodigy Black / Intel Core i7 3770K / Gigabyte GA-Z77N-WIFI mITX / ASUS GeForce GTX 660Ti DCUII 2GB / Corsair Vengance LP 8GB (2x4096MB) CL9 1600Mhz / Corsair SF600 - 600W  / Corsair H70 Push Pull

• 2 weeks later...

Is Crabz hosting the server, or is someone else?

Since it seems pretty obvious that this would be a good idea, OP should make a poll, vanilla, FTB, or just some mods.

System specs:  CPU: AMD Phenom II x3 705e unlocked to x4 overclocked to 2.8GHz   |   MB: ASUS M5A78L-M LX PLUS   |   Cooler: Hyper 212+   |   GPU: MSI GTX 560ti OC to 910Mhz   |   RAM: 8GB PNY DDR3 1333   |   HDDS: WD Caviar Blue 320GB, Hitachi 500GB HDD   |   PSU: Cooler Master Extreme Power Plus 500W   |   Peripherals: Microsoft wireless mouse, old mac keyboard, ASUS VS238H, Gateway FPD2275W, some speakers, Logitech Driving Force Pro

hey if you guys are still planning on doing the minecraft server you should check out Eas-e Hoster if you ask they can do custom packages too. 

we are also moving into VPS's so if anyone is interested in that let me know, we can do a promo for the forum

Hey Gamers & Mine-crafters! 

I thought it could be pretty cool if we could set up a Minecraft server for all members of Linustechtips who enjoy Minecraft or gaming in general.

We could make a fun community online, build together, discuss tech in-game and be creative! 

If enough people want to contribute to this server we could set up some games, different worlds for even more fun!

This stays an idea, I just want to hear your feedback and see if any other people would be interested in having a Linus MC Server! 

Contribute with ideas and suggestions :)

Crabz.

http://comicsanscriminal.com/

"An Excellent Signature"

Okay I didn't see anyone post an ip for an MC server, and I'm currently running one. Seriously, if someone has a better server, as in one that can take more, please post it because I don't wanna seem like I'm just plugging my server here. BUT I did recently start a server for some friends and I, which I'd be happy to let you guys jump on. It's just got factions, essentials, and that sort of thing. 

Again, don't wanna seem like i'm advertising here, but here's the IP

It can only have 30 people on it, which is why I say that if someone has something better, I'd be happy to just remove this post and just use that. 

I have fairly good and stable connection, but on full load it might lag a little bit still. It is dedicated though, so should be up 24/7 unless I'm changing a bunch with it.

This is awesome. Hopefully it can get quite big.

cpu: intel i5 4670k @ 4.5ghz Ram: G skill ares 2x4gb 2166mhz cl10 Gpu: GTX 680 liquid cooled cpu cooler: Raijintek ereboss Mobo: gigabyte z87x ud5h psu: cm gx650 bronze Case: Zalman Z9 plus

Listen if you care.

Cpu: intel i7 4770k @ 4.2ghz Ram: G skill  ripjaws 2x4gb Gpu: nvidia gtx 970 cpu cooler: akasa venom voodoo Mobo: G1.Sniper Z6 Psu: XFX proseries 650w Case: Zalman H1

AWESOME but seriously I think there should be 2 servers one vanilla and one FTB.

<p>Wires Suck :angry:
!fY0|_|(4|\|R34[)7#!5PMM37#3(0[)3:1337 70833|\|73R3[)!|\|49!\/34\|/4Y 4|\|[)93741!f3

I will set up the Server if you guys want. I've hosted MANY before. And have a VPS.

I think you should just do it. Personally I would vote for a Minecrack FTB server. Im happy to help too, just dont have a whole lot of experience with servers and what not.

A Vanilla server with some plugins would be nice too since it doesn't consume much RAM (more RAM = less lag) like FTB who sometimes is a RAM hog. ._."

(Err... what I mean of Vanilla is Bukkit, lol)

yeah, just the basic stuff like /sethome, maybe iconomy if people are interested

If you guys are going to make a Bukkit server, here are your backbone plugins:

Anti-cheat / Nocheat Plus: Preventing Cheating, duh!

Essentials: Basic essential commands like /spawn /sethome etc.

Lockette (or any variation of locking chests): Protection against chest thieves!

Core Protect (or any variation of anti-griefing / block logging) : To see who broke or placed a block. Good for de-griefing a grief.

WorldGuard or GriefPrevention (or any variation of Area Protection) : Protects your area and only let you or your friends to have access to it.

WorldEdit: Creates stuffs instantaneously! (For those huge builds)

This wud be great! i could help with plugin issues, so PM if u need help.

| CPU: INTEL i5 6600k @ 4.6Ghz @ 1.328v | Motherboard: ASUS Z170-AR | Ram: G.SKILL 2x8GB 2400Mhz | CPU Cooler : Corsair H100i V2

| GPU: GIGABYTE GTX980Ti G1 GAMING | SSD: SAMSUNG 840 EVO 250GB  Storage: WD 1TB GREEN | OS: Windows 10 Pro 64bit | PSU: FSP 650W AURUM S |

<<<<< BLK-Phant0m >>>>>