Upgrade from 750D

Hi, everyone, my name is Eric and I'm new here. I've watched Linus on YouTube since he was on NCIX's channel 2 years ago and I love all the content he posts. So I recently moved, and brought my main rig with me. I've had it in a Corsair Obsidian 750D for about a year now, but in the move, I pulled it a little too far from behind and the front leg got stuck and now the plastic part separated from the metal a little bit, one of the clips snapped. Anyways, I've been looking for a new case anyways as the current one is a little too large for my new living space. I need something with optimal airflow, mid sized, and really damn sexy.

My rig (for sizing help):

Motherboard: Asus Maximus VI Hero

CPU Cooler: Corsair H100i

5 HDD's (3.5") and 2 SSD's (Also 3.5")

GPU: NVIDIA GTX 780Ti Windforce edition

PSU: Corsair HX 750

I think that's all the stuff that matters when sizing a case.

I've got an optical drive but I don't really need it if it helps :P

I'm currently in London so please try to limit suggestions to something that I can ship here or I can pick up here thanks.

If you all would be so kind as to suggest a nice case fitting my requirements, I'd be greatly in your debt. I love LTT and will hopefully be pretty active on the forums from here on out, as I've worked in computer building for a while now (3-4 years) but I currently need an outside opinion on cases cause I'm way too partial to Corsair.

Thanks a ton for any help you guys give!

- Eric TTG

Hi, everyone, my name is Eric and I'm new here. I've watched Linus on YouTube since he was on NCIX's channel 2 years ago and I love all the content he posts. So I recently moved, and brought my main rig with me.

My rig (for sizing help):

Motherboard: Asus Maximus VI Hero. CPU Cooler: Corsair H100i, 5 HDD's (3.5") and 2 SSD's (Also 3.5")

GPU: NVIDIA GTX 780Ti Windforce edition, PSU: Corsair HX 750

I think that's all the stuff that matters when sizing a case. I've got an optical drive but I don't really need it if it helps :P

I'm currently in London so please try to limit suggestions to something that I can ship here or I can pick up here thanks.

If you all would be so kind as to suggest a nice case fitting my requirements, I'd be greatly in your debt. I love LTT and will hopefully be pretty active on the forums from here on out, as I've worked in computer building for a while now (3-4 years) but I currently need an outside opinion on cases cause I'm way too partial to Corsair.

Thanks a ton for any help you guys give!

- Eric TTG

Hello Eric welcome to the LTT forum :) I'm Kingsley, nice to meet you. are you located within the United states? & what kind of budget are you estimating the case you want will be? (i.e. less then the 750D) I believe if you really love the cuboid look of Corsair's cases Eric look at the Obsidian 450D or Graphite 760T

I'll add a couple more cases to recommend.

Edited by wng_kingsley7

Please become a member of the Linus Tech Tips forum, keep writing smug remarks & let us love you. Peace out.

<| Project M13 & Silverstream. Other DIY projects |>

Hello Eric welcome to the LTT forum :) I'm Kingsley, nice to meet you. are you located within the United states? & what kind of budget are you estimating the case you want will be? (i.e. less then the 750D) I believe if you really love the cuboid look of Corsair's cases Eric look at the Obsidian 450D or Graphite 760T, Fractal Define 4

I'll add a couple more cases to recomend.

Hey, Kingsley, thanks for the warm welcome :) . I'm currently in South Kensington, London, I'll be here for about 2 years so yeah it's nice to see another Londoner here :D . Budget is anything under £150. I've been looking at the other cuboid cases, I think the air240 looked pretty cool, anything that gives more breathing room is great! I'm actually checking off the forum soon, its 3:10 AM here and the movers come at 7:00 AM to take my rental bed away and move all the new stuff in :/ I think 3.5 hours of sleep is a good idea so I'll check back in once I'm awake, keep the rec's coming please!!!

Thanks!

- Eric TTG

Hey, Kingsley, thanks for the warm welcome :) . I'm currently in South Kensington, London, I'll be here for about 2 years so yeah it's nice to see another Londoner here :D . Budget is anything under £150. I've been looking at the other cuboid cases, I think the air240 looked pretty cool, anything that gives more breathing room is great! I'm actually checking off the forum soon, its 3:10 AM here and the movers come at 7:00 AM to take my rental bed away and move all the new stuff in :/ I think 3.5 hours of sleep is a good idea so I'll check back in once I'm awake, keep the rec's coming please!!!

Thanks!

- Eric TTG

Hey hey :D if you add me on the forum & send me a quick message like " Hey this is Eric, recommended me a couple cases etc" I'll remember & message you back.

Just to not forget I'll follow the thread.

Please become a member of the Linus Tech Tips forum, keep writing smug remarks & let us love you. Peace out.

<| Project M13 & Silverstream. Other DIY projects |>

Lian li pc-v359 (would need matx mb instead of matx)

Rv05 (need new CPU cooler)

Ft05 ( need new CPU cooler)

n0ah1897, on 05 Mar 2014 - 2:08 PM, said:  "Computers are like girls. It's whats in the inside that matters.  I don't know about you, but I like my girls like I like my cases. Just as beautiful on the inside as the outside."