Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Sign in to follow this  
reiderj8

Blu-ray Player Software

Posted · Original PosterOP

I'm looking for recommendations for software for a media player that supports playing blu-ray. I've tried Powerdvd and Corel WinDvd, but everything that I've tried just feels incomplete when comparing features of different software. Lately, I've been thinking of purchasing Plex due to it's multi-platform support and Chromecast support. But, I would rather here other options and opinions before committing to a purchase.  Thanks in advanced for the advise.

PowerDVD is about the best one,

I would just rip them onto your HDD though

Compatible with Windows 95

I use Daum Pot player. It's the best I've even seen with the KM player. They both have lots of options to customize & plays everything including blu rays of course. They both are free. Here's link:

http://potplayer.daum.net/

| CPU: i7 3770k | MOTHERBOARD: MSI Z77A-G45 Gaming | GPU: GTX 770 | RAM: 16GB G.Skill Trident X | PSU: XFX PRO 1050w | STORAGE: SSD 120GB PQI +  6TB HDD | COOLER: Thermaltake: Water 2.0 | CASE: Cooler Master: HAF 912 Plus |

I'm looking for recommendations for software for a media player that supports playing blu-ray. I've tried Powerdvd and Corel WinDvd, but everything that I've tried just feels incomplete when comparing features of different software. Lately, I've been thinking of purchasing Plex due to it's multi-platform support and Chromecast support. But, I would rather here other options and opinions before committing to a purchase.  Thanks in advanced for the advise.

Welcome to Linus Tech Tips!

Before trying a plethora of different players, try VLC. It's the benchmark of players and I haven't come across one form of media that it can't play.

"Rawr XD"

believe me, POT player is best!

| CPU: i7 3770k | MOTHERBOARD: MSI Z77A-G45 Gaming | GPU: GTX 770 | RAM: 16GB G.Skill Trident X | PSU: XFX PRO 1050w | STORAGE: SSD 120GB PQI +  6TB HDD | COOLER: Thermaltake: Water 2.0 | CASE: Cooler Master: HAF 912 Plus |