"How many watts do I need"? Check Here!

Aniallation

What 750W are you planning to get? 

If it's a good quality 750W then you'll have absolutely no problem running your system overclocked, even if you add a second 980.

It's an Antec 80+ gold. That's good news! Thanks a lot for the help, man. 

• 2 weeks later...

hi does a corsair hx650w or cs650w good enough for i7 4790k 16gb ram gtx 970 maximus vii hero with a cpu liquid cooler 1 ssd 1 hdd and 8 fans ?

hi does a corsair hx650w or cs650w good enough for i7 4790k 16gb ram gtx 970 maximus vii hero with a cpu liquid cooler 1 ssd 1 hdd and 8 fans ?

yes it is, how do I know?

I use some PSU calculator :)

A Corsair CS650M if you want modular 80+ gold or a CX600 if you are looking for unmodilar 80+ broze psu

Yep, with a single 970 I'd actually go for 550W, because 650W is too much for one GPU, but not enough for two when CPU and both GPUs are overclocked. Also, I would suggest something like a Rosewill Capstone over a Corsair CS or HX.

"Rawr XD"

The best 550W PSU after research (for a friend's build) came to Seasonic G-550 or CoolerMaster V550 (same as the G-550 i believe). But at the top end (in this price range) they all come pretty close.

The best 550W PSU after research (for a friend's build) came to Seasonic G-550 or CoolerMaster V550 (same as the G-550 i believe). But at the top end (in this price range) they all come pretty close.

The Cooler Master V is based on the Seasonic KM3 platform, used in the newer revision of the Seasonic X. The X performs slightly better then the G in all regions of testing except 12V ripple, but it's only a 10mW difference, so it's very neglectable and when it comes to this price range they are both extremely solid performers. Also keep in mind the KM3 platform makes the Cooler Master V fully modular, whereas the Seasonic G is only semi-modular.

"Rawr XD"

A Corsair CS650M if you want modular 80+ gold or a CX600 if you are looking for unmodilar 80+ broze psu

If you're in here looking or a PSU that gives you a good unit for what you pay for you should't be looking at CS. They just aren't competitive for the price.

"Rawr XD"

The Cooler Master V is based on the Seasonic KM3 platform, used in the newer revision of the Seasonic X. The X performs slightly better then the G in all regions of testing except 12V ripple, but it's only a 10mW difference, so it's very neglectable and when it comes to this price range they are both extremely solid performers. Also keep in mind the KM3 platform makes the Cooler Master V fully modular, whereas the Seasonic G is only semi-modular.

The V series is KM3, yes (with the exception of v1200 which is XP3). But the VSM series like the V550S that @Meowffins had mentioned are made by Enhance Electronics. It's a solid unit nonetheless.

Im planning on upgrading my system a bit, i am currently using a Seasonic 650w 80plus Gold PSU. If i swap my gtx 760 with an sli gtx 970, do i need to change my PSU to higher capacity like 750w or 850w? Also have a bunch of HDD running and a 4790k probably looking to overclock.

Im planning on upgrading my system a bit, i am currently using a Seasonic 650w 80plus Gold PSU. If i swap my gtx 760 with an sli gtx 970, do i need to change my PSU to higher capacity like 750w or 850w? Also have a bunch of HDD running and a 4790k probably looking to overclock.

Nope, the Seasonic G/X 650W will be perfectly capable of handling two 970s and a 4790K.

"Rawr XD"

Here's a great read on power, calc of power and pit falls of beast GPU's, may never do SLI now after reading that well don't want the waste/risk.

http://www.tomshardware.com/reviews/graphics-card-power-supply-balance,3979.html

I roll with sigs off so I have no idea what you're advertising.

This is NOT the signature you are looking for.

Yo everybody! 

You can see most of my build details in my signature but if I'm doing an upgrade from my one GTX 680 to two GTX 980s will my 750 Watt Seasonic PSU be fine?

I'm thinking yes but I just want to be sure.

System - Case: NZXT Phantom Original Newegg Edition

CPU: Intel 3770K @ 4.2Ghz - CPU Cooler: Xigmatek Dark Knight - Motherboard: Asus Maximus V Formula - RAM: G.Skill Sniper Series 16Gb @ 1866Mhz

GPU: EVGA GTX 680 4Gb - PSU: Seasonic X750 - SSD: Intel 520 256Gb - HDD: Other Random Mechanical Drives

You can see most of my build details in my signature but if I'm doing an upgrade from my one GTX 680 to two GTX 980s will my 750 Watt Seasonic PSU be fine?

I'm thinking yes but I just want to be sure.

Yep, a 750W Seasonic is more then enough to handle two 980s.

"Rawr XD"

Yep, a 750W Seasonic is more then enough to handle two 980s.

Cool thanks. Now time spend way too much money so I can max out Shadow of Mordor @ 1440p.

System - Case: NZXT Phantom Original Newegg Edition

CPU: Intel 3770K @ 4.2Ghz - CPU Cooler: Xigmatek Dark Knight - Motherboard: Asus Maximus V Formula - RAM: G.Skill Sniper Series 16Gb @ 1866Mhz

GPU: EVGA GTX 680 4Gb - PSU: Seasonic X750 - SSD: Intel 520 256Gb - HDD: Other Random Mechanical Drives

ok so there is no option to calculate for Gigabyte GTX 780 so I'm just going to ask here how much power I need for this setup (I already have  the 650W 80+ Bronze NT Cooler Master but could someone tell me if it is enough):

CPU (Processor):AMD FX-8370, 8x 4.00GHz Turbo: 4.20GHz, boxed 

Video Card (VGA Card):Gigabyte GeForce GTX 780 WindForce 3GB

System Memory (RAM):8 GB RAM ELIXIR/ G-Skill/ Crucial DDR-3 PC1600

Mainboard:MSI 970A-G43 (Sound7.1 G-LAN SATA3 USB 3.0) 

SSD:Kingston SSDNow 120GB, V300 SATA 6Gb/s 

Hard Disc (HDD):1TB Toshiba HDD DT01ACA, SATA 6Gb/s  

Disc Drive (Drive):24x DVD-RW Writer Samsung SH-224BB Black, SATA, DVD Brenner 

Power Supply Unit (PSU):650W 80+ Bronze NT Cooler Master GX RS-650-ACAA-D3 (it says Max. output capacity 780Wats)

Case (Case):MS-Tech CA-0300 Husky NG (BxHxT: 180x420x435mm) Front USB3 

CPU Cooler (Cooler):CPU Cooler Silent Scythe Katana 3 (SCKTN-3000)(all Sockets) 

Operating System Windows 7 Professional 64 Bit

W-LAN Unit internal:TP-Link TL-WN881ND, 300Mbps (MIMO), PCIe x1 

ok so there is no option to calculate for Gigabyte GTX 780 so I'm just going to ask here how much power I need for this setup (I already have  the 650W 80+ Bronze NT Cooler Master but could someone tell me if it is enough):

Yep you'll be fine on that Cooler Master PSU, if you want more assurance that it will last longer then you can get a higher quality unit, but it's not worth it IMO since you already have the PSU.

Did you already buy these parts? Or are you planning the build?

"Rawr XD"

Yep you'll be fine on that Cooler Master PSU, if you want more assurance that it will last longer then you can get a higher quality unit, but it's not worth it IMO since you already have the PSU.

Did you already buy these parts? Or are you planning the build?

Yes it is already built.

(I have been experiencing some random frame drops on CS:GO from 300 to 90 for like 5-7 seconds than it is back to normal. Searched around abit seems like a lot of people are having the same issue, so I am searching for what is causing these frame drops.)

So the PSU is fine as I thought. I guess I'll have to tweak it from the Nvidia control panel or something.

Btw thank you for the quick answer!

• 2 weeks later...

And yeah! I just replaced my V750 with a V1200. Luckily my V750 gave up before warranty ends so I just added a couple of bucks to get the V1200. I'm planning to add another r9 290 to consume more watts from my PSU. Any suggestions on what hardware to add so I can get the best from this PSU?

And yeah! I just replaced my V750 with a V1200. Luckily my V750 gave up before warranty ends so I just added a couple of bucks to get the V1200. I'm planning to add another r9 290 to consume more watts from my PSU. Any suggestions on what hardware to add so I can get the best from this PSU?

Oh geez, there's not much you can do to actually make a V1200 break a sweat. Maybe if you were running three or four 290X's, but two 290s is nothing for a V1200.

"Rawr XD"

Oh geez, there's not much you can do to actually make a V1200 break a sweat. Maybe if you were running three or four 290X's, but two 290s is nothing for a V1200.

They ran out of V1000 and I cannot wait anymore. They have the RM850 but I settled with this one for more possibilities in the future.

• 2 weeks later...