"How many watts do I need"? Check Here!

Aniallation

Hello everyone! I am wondering if 750 watts psu will be enough for 2 way 1070 sli? I have the Corsair RM750x.

Im using a 500 Watt evga with a 750nvidia and a fx4300 CPU just fine 

Be Vigilant or Jump Off

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
On 8/18/2016 at 1:30 PM, CyberWarrior said:

How many watts for AMD FX 8300 4,6 Ghz + 2x RX 480 8GB?

You should be fine with a 750, Im using a 8350 at 4.8GHz and 2 MSI OC 970s and 16GB Mem, didnt run into a power problem until I installed my second and third Kraken water coolers onto my 970s

Overclock softly, and carry a big radiator......

I have Msi Z170A Krait Gaming 3x, im thinking about getting CPU 6600k, also using the SLi function for 2 GPU's. What sort of PSU would i need?

8 minutes ago, TidgeyPudds said:

I have Msi Z170A Krait Gaming 3x, im thinking about getting CPU 6600k, also using the SLi function for 2 GPU's. What sort of PSU would i need?

Depends on the GPUs used. 

USEFUL LINKS:

PSU Tier List F@H stats

GTX 960 4gb? x2
I dont know if my board supports em.. ive heard R9 380 is better but i kinda wanted to stick with nVidia because ive heard they're generally better than radeon in ways im not sure of, for reasons i dont understand lol

Specs of my system

i3-4130

8 GB DDR 3 ram

GTX 770

Sandisk plus 240GB SSD

Toshiba 1TB

looking to possibly upgrading to i7-4770k or i7 4790k later . Any suggestions for a power supply would be helpful.  according to cool master I need somewhere around 500-550 watt range . consumption it estimates is around 440 watts. if I ever get an i7.

So what have you found in the 500w -550w range power supplies do you get the best bang for your buck ? is there any downfalls with getting the EVGA 500w bronze off amazon for $45. or XFX 500w XT for  $50?  Or am I going to cheap on the power supply?

• 1 month later...

hey guys wonder if you guys can help

my spec :

i5-6600k

Asus H170 Pro Gaming Aura

16Gb DDr4

Corsair H110i GTX

Asus Strix Rx-480 08G OC

160Gb Intel SSD

1TB Seagate HDD

and im using Raider RA 550, but the question is, is it enough? because i have some trouble that i though it was the PSU, but im not really sure it is, thank!

23 hours ago, GerryPP said:

and im using Raider RA 550, but the question is, is it enough? because i have some trouble that i though it was the PSU, but im not really sure it is, thank!

You should be fine but it depends on what the trouble is specifically. Could you elaborate on the issues you're experiencing?

"Rawr XD"

On 10/19/2016 at 1:12 PM, GerryPP said:

hey guys wonder if you guys can help

my spec :

i5-6600k

Asus H170 Pro Gaming Aura

16Gb DDr4

Corsair H110i GTX

Asus Strix Rx-480 08G OC

160Gb Intel SSD

1TB Seagate HDD

What problems have you been experiencing?

|PSU Tier List /80 Plus Efficiency| PSU stuff if you need it. 

My system: PCPartPicker || For Corsair support tag @Corsair Josephor @Corsair Nick || My 5MT Legacy GT Wagon ||

• 4 weeks later...

Does anyone know the parameters for GridCase 1550sx laptop psu. I know that the system is working but I am missing a battery and psu.

Cant find any info in the internet about the PSU. Any info would be much apprichiated. thanks

I have a 600w power supply that came with my case which is a thermaltake versa N25 but mostly you should only need a 600w- 700w power supply 700w at max if your not gona be running any extremely power hungry components or running gpu's in sli or other stuff

On 23/10/2016 at 3:33 PM, STRMfrmXMN said:

What problems have you been experiencing?

I would check but I don't think it would be, I recomend a 600w psu probably thermaltake or crosair because I use a thermal take psu and I have no problems  hope this helps :)

Hey guys,

I was looking to possibly upgrade to Titan X Pascal SLI, but I may have a pretty annoying problem on my hands.

Basically, I have a Corsair TX750W PSU. I was reading into it online, and having only 3% headroom on a PSU at max load is definitely not a good thing. But reading this chart is making me unsure.

This is my buikd: https://ca.pcpartpicker.com/list/ckbZzM

My CPU is OC'd to 4.2 GHz

What do you guys think? Should I go through and upgrade my PSU as well, or save myself the hassle of rewiring almost everything and just stick with my current PSU?

I've also been using my current PSU for 2.5 years now.

Thanks.

On 24/11/2016 at 1:04 PM, BadassOverlord said:

Hey guys,

I was looking to possibly upgrade to Titan X Pascal SLI, but I may have a pretty annoying problem on my hands.

Basically, I have a Corsair TX750W PSU. I was reading into it online, and having only 3% headroom on a PSU at max load is definitely not a good thing. But reading this chart is making me unsure.

What do you guys think? Should I go through and upgrade my PSU as well, or save myself the hassle of rewiring almost everything and just stick with my current PSU?

Thanks.

Well I think you should upgrade your psu there are some good psu's for cheap and much better than the one you have at the moment. I personally would look around at reviews and other places. But yeah get one with more headroom. Possibly get a 700-800w psu

Hey guys,

Thanks.

On 14/07/2016 at 6:24 AM, Ketchupp said:

I have a GTX 960 and i'm upgrading to a 1060, i have a 500w power supply, do i need to upgrade the power supply or what?heres the specs

• 3.8GHz AMD FX 4300 Quad Core Processor (Turbo Speed 4.0GHz)
  • Nvidia Geforce GTX 960 2GB Dedicated Advanced Graphics Card
  • 8GB of DDR3 1600MHz High Performance RAM Memory
  • 1000GB (1TB) SATA-III 7200rpm Hard Drive Storage Space

Are you sure your cpu wouldn't bottle neck your gpu for starters because amd now have cpu's with more cores. But if it dosen't then you should get a 600w psu

Hey guys,

Thanks.

I kinda see some problems with that. You are SLI'ing 2 top tier GPUs on a i5 from 2 generations ago. I would really reconsider upgrading. There is 2 TX750M and 4 TX750, so I cannot comment if it is fine or not, but I would probably get something better. All honesty, if you have a couple of grand to blow on GPUs, you should have a smokin' hot PSU, something like a RMi/RMx/HXi, EVGA G2, G3, P2 or PS, or something else in that ball park.

Getting a i5 6600k (OC 4.5GHZ) and GTX 1060, 600W should be enough for me, right?????

On 11/29/2016 at 1:42 PM, kayotics said:

Well I think you should upgrade your psu there are some good psu's for cheap and much better than the one you have at the moment. I personally would look around at reviews and other places. But yeah get one with more headroom. Possibly get a 700-800w psu

14 hours ago, Comic_Sans_MS said:

I kinda see some problems with that. You are SLI'ing 2 top tier GPUs on a i5 from 2 generations ago. I would really reconsider upgrading. There is 2 TX750M and 4 TX750, so I cannot comment if it is fine or not, but I would probably get something better. All honesty, if you have a couple of grand to blow on GPUs, you should have a smokin' hot PSU, something like a RMi/RMx/HXi, EVGA G2, G3, P2 or PS, or something else in that ball park.

I appreciate the replies guys. To be honest, I don't really see my CPU as being a bottleneck, and I do plan on upgrading to an EVGA 1300W PSU if I do get decided to blow a couple thousand on my computer. The problem with upgrading my CPU is that it might as well be another $1200 in Canadian, because then I'd have to get a new motherboard, new ram, new power supply, and at this point, might as well get a new damn PC. I will say that I haven't really looked at benchmarks yet, but most of my friends who upgraded from 4th gen to 6th gen and kept the same GPU (they plan on upgrading later) said they saw maybe 2-4 frames per second increase in games. That's a heresay though, so I can't verify it, but so far it's in my belief that I don't have a CPU bottleneck. I will definitely consider a new PSU though. Thank you all for your helpful feedback.

On 12/1/2016 at 8:20 PM, RealGamer said:

Getting a i5 6600k (OC 4.5GHZ) and GTX 1060, 600W should be enough for me, right?????

More than enough.

"Rawr XD"

21 hours ago, Aniallation said:

More than enough.

What if I switched to 6700k oced to the same 4.5GHZ???

On 02/12/2016 at 2:20 PM, RealGamer said:

Well if you are a light content creator or just a gamer looking to play games at a higher resolution like 1440p at high fps then yeah. But if you just like playing games at 1080p high setting sat 60 fps then I would save some money and get a core i3 6100 with a 3gb gtx 1060, but a higher grade one and some pc accessories. Hope this helped. :)

Edited by kayotics
I messed up the cpu name

On 12/6/2016 at 5:07 AM, kayotics said:

Well if you are a light content creator or just a gamer looking to play games at a higher resolution like 1440p at high fps then yeah. But if you just like playing games at 1080p high setting sat 60 fps then I would save some money and get a core i3 6100 with a 3gb gtx 1060, but a higher grade one and some pc accessories. Hope this helped. :)

Thanks.

On 08/12/2016 at 0:06 AM, RealGamer said:

Thanks.

No problem. :)