Network layout showoff

Ssoele

Well guess it's time for an update. After the renovations, most of the gear got relocated. I've used up around 350ft of UTP cable. Added and removed some devices. Slowly moving over to 1Gbps...

T7sR7Aw.png

Made sure the crucial parts of the network are not getting congested. As you can see I'm not heavy on WiFi because there are a lot of networks around me and almost every channel has around 5 networks within the 50-80dB range. The network is now IPv6 enabled, however I won't see ISP side IPv6 for a few years...

Side Note: The GS116 is generating a LOT of heat, I guess the form factor has it's flaws.

oh cool thanks for the tip :)

If its on cisco equipment the config on the router should look something like this

int gi0/0

no shutdown

int gi0/0.10

encap dot1q (Vlan #)

ip addr 192.168.10.1 255.255.255.0

and on the switch you need to make sure you trunk the interface going to the router

int gi0/0

no switchport access

switchport mode trunk

If you have portfast enable on that interface before you trunk it be sure to remove the port fast as it wont form the trunk properly.

If you need some help on figuring out the config PM me and I can help you mock it up before implementing it.

Corsair C70 | Gigabyte Widnforce R9 280x | AMD FX8320 3.5ghz | Corsair 750m | Gigabyte 990FXA-ud3 | Mushkin 120gb SSD | Seagate Barracuda 1tb | Mushkin 16gb ddr3 1333mhz Ram

• 4 weeks later...

nvek90.jpg

• All the wired connections are Gigabit Ethernet with the exception of the printers (10/100).
  • The NAS has two lines to the switch because it uses Link Aggregation to achieve faster throughput
  • Windows Server serves RADIUS, Active Directory, Web and WSUS
  • OSX Server serves caching for OSX and iOS devices, Open Directory, Netinstall, Wiki and Xcode Server
  • DNS, DHCP, NAT is Handled by the Untangle NGFW
  • Untangle NGFW also runs Web and Virus Filtering as well as Web Caching, Application Control, Bandwidth Control (QOS Stuff), IPS, Ad Blocking as well as logging traffic.
  • There are Three VLANs: (Untagged) 1, 20 and 30

My Build : AMD Ryzen 9 3950X - Asus Strix X570-E - 64GB G.Skill Trident Z Neo

- Gigabyte RTX 3080 Ti - 2TB Samsung 970 Evo Plus SSD - Corsair AX860i Power Supply

• 4 weeks later...

Call me crazy. 2 Daul 10GB fibre cards from Broadcom. 3 4 Gig nics from intel. :D 

IMG_20150609_092539_zpshwll5ll2.jpg

Gonna be installed on our 2 Dell R620 servers once we get them. :D 

CPU: AMD Ryzen 5 5600X | CPU Cooler: Stock AMD Cooler | Motherboard: Asus ROG STRIX B550-F GAMING (WI-FI) | RAM: Corsair Vengeance LPX 16 GB (2 x 8 GB) DDR4-3000 CL16 | GPU: Nvidia GTX 1060 6GB Zotac Mini | Case: K280 Case | PSU: Cooler Master B600 Power supply | SSD: 1TB  | HDDs: 1x 250GB & 1x 1TB WD Blue | Monitors: 24" Acer S240HLBID + 24" Samsung  | OS: Win 10 Pro

Audio: Behringer Q802USB Xenyx 8 Input Mixer |  U-PHORIA UMC204HD | Behringer XM8500 Dynamic Cardioid Vocal Microphone | Sound Blaster Audigy Fx PCI-E card.

Home Lab:  Lenovo ThinkCenter M82 ESXi 6.7 | Lenovo M93 Tiny Exchange 2019 | TP-LINK TL-SG1024D 24-Port Gigabit | Cisco ASA 5506 firewall  | Cisco Catalyst 3750 Gigabit Switch | Cisco 2960C-LL | HP MicroServer G8 NAS | Custom built SCCM Server.

https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B-rZBINV_Ix_MmRlY3diOVJzVWM/view?usp=sharing

Black: WAN/Coaxial Cables from ISP to modem then modem to router; 10/100 LAN cables

Blue: Wireless 802.11 b/g/n connectivity

Green: Wireless 802.11 a/n connectivity

Red: LAN 10/100/1000 connectivity with internet data carried to secondary router.

I think this is a bare bones network. 

NOTE: My PC's gigabit ethernet ports are bridged and run on 2 separate static IP's but the same DNS server. This is so that devices connected to the secondary router, have internet access. The reason for the 2 static IP's are for access to maintenance on both routers. Took about 3 hours to get the secondary router to work.

EDIT: the secondary router's internet connectivity is a very homebrew solution

• 3 weeks later...

I don't know much about networks because I haven't studied it in college but I set up my home network with these settings as drawn in CAD. I have a router that's connected to the modem on one side of the house and then I have an ethernet cable running from that router to a second router in the center of the house in bridge mode. This creates 2 separate networks on one modem and allows for better wireless connectivity for people on the otherside of the house. It also helps with gaming lag. 

post-239689-0-85264700-1435793698.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

I'm just dipping my toes into the networking world (my experience up to this point is simple WiFi networks with a sub-par company when I was a kid), so I have a question that might be aimed more at folks running networks larger than an enthusiast's home network.

How in-depth do you get when you're keeping track of IP addresses on your network? I know I keep track of numbers much more easily with charts and diagrams. If i were managing a hypothetical network, I can't help but feel like I would keep a list of the IPs of routers and switches, and just label each individual device to reference when an issue crops up with that particular device.

I guess what my question actually is, is what is best common practice for cataloging IP addresses on a network?

I'm just dipping my toes into the networking world (my experience up to this point is simple WiFi networks with a sub-par company when I was a kid), so I have a question that might be aimed more at folks running networks larger than an enthusiast's home network.

How in-depth do you get when you're keeping track of IP addresses on your network? I know I keep track of numbers much more easily with charts and diagrams. If i were managing a hypothetical network, I can't help but feel like I would keep a list of the IPs of routers and switches, and just label each individual device to reference when an issue crops up with that particular device.

I guess what my question actually is, is what is best common practice for cataloging IP addresses on a network?

At the school I work at, we keep a simple excel spreadsheet of networking devices (Switches, routers, cctv cams and access points.).

Alternatively you can setup reservations on your DHCP server (Providing you run your own) this would allow you to view which IP is assigned to which device. You can setup notes for each DHCP reservation / filter if you are using them, then when it comes to finding a switch we can look at "room21" then find its assigned IP address. There are also many external tools you could use, but I won't cover them here. (To many to list  :P )

The above example was running windows server in case anyone was wondering. I guess that answers how in depth we go, basically an excel sheet with notes assigned to each device in DHCP, Excluding desktops, laptops etc, we only write notes with the networks components.

Connor Freebairn - ConnorFreebairn@newman.cumbria.sch.uk
IT Technician & Certified computer geek.

IPAM is what most organizations use to manage IP addresses. Often times the IPAM solution is connected to the DHCP and DNS servers in order to coordinate this info. A great home solution is to use something like PHPiPam to manage it. You will need a WAMP or LAMP solution. This particular software can scan your subnets and find devices.

Well for me personally and practices that my company does. I keep a backup of every device that our company manages. IE running configs, system inventory, vlan information. and a visio diagram of every device and what ports/speed they are connected at. You can also have snmp that will send reports about what you set up for it to report back to a central server that will send email alerts based on the severity level of what you want to monitor. We do this in case a device were to fail we can get them back up and running next day as well as having early alerts for potential device failures.

Corsair C70 | Gigabyte Widnforce R9 280x | AMD FX8320 3.5ghz | Corsair 750m | Gigabyte 990FXA-ud3 | Mushkin 120gb SSD | Seagate Barracuda 1tb | Mushkin 16gb ddr3 1333mhz Ram

Will soon properly upgrade to 10Gbit.

Testing the switches now:

IMG_0343.JPG

Respect the Code of Conduct!

>> Feel free to join the unofficial LTT teamspeak 3 server TS3.schnitzel.team <<

>>LTT 10TB+ Topic<< | >>FlexRAID Tutorial<<>>LTT Speed wave<< | >>LTT Communies and Servers<<

So far I have not seen anyone...

• ... gave publicly resolvable (accessibility optional) DNS names to their networks and equipment,
  • ... use equipment that is custom built or developed in house, or
  • ... manage multiple networks and make them all directly accessible internally.
So here is my four interconnected, partially publicly resolvable DNS-named networks.

Here is a global map of all four networks (Click image to enlarge):

network-global-map-1024x647.png

I cannot locate the rented virtual private server precisely so it is represented as connected directly to Internet. All three other networks are subscribers of China Telecom Shanghai Network so represented as such. CT SH is part if Internet but the link is congested and bottlenecking my online experience now.

The following map is my home network at in.maxchan.info. The two remainder networks are suffering from technical difficulties now and I don't have the time to fix yet. I will update this post once it is fixed.

home-network-map1-1024x616.png

Here are the devices that is in this network, outside my main gateway. This part of network's FQDNs are just identifiers, and are not actually resolvable or accessible:

• pon.isi.maxchan.info: EPON ONU supplied my ISP.
  • switch.isi.maxchan.info: TP-link TL-SG1005 Gigabit switch.
  • itv-bridge.isi.maxchan.info: ZTE home gateway supplied by my ISP.

Here is a bit history of why I have essentially bypassed all ISP-supplied equipment but they are still hanging in my network: this home gateway was the ISP-designated home gateway but it imposed limitations to my network to 4 connected devices maximum, and bottlenecked the traffic. Moreover, this home gateway was caught eavesdropping on me. However without this device the IPTV won't work. So I gave it a hack to disable its own PPPoE dialup and used it only as a IPTV bridge.

• iptv.isi.maxchan.info: IPTV set top box.
Gateway and machines behind it:
  • switch.in.maxchan.info: Home network core switch. TP-Link TL-SG1024T gigabit switch. Everything following is connected to this.
  • gateway.in.maxchan.info: Main gateway/router and NAS. Configuration:

CPU: Intel Core 2 Quad Q9300, 4C, 2.5GHz

MoBo: Asus P5BV-C (a proper server board)

RAM: 4x Mixed-brand DDR2-800 2GB (maxed out)

Networking: onboard 2x Marvell server grade gigabit NIC + 2x RTL8169-based PCI gigabit NIC + Ralink-based 150M Wireless b/g/n PCI adapter

Storage: Western Digital Green HDD 6TB + Kingston V300 SSD 60GB (configured as bcache, Linux Kernel's software based equivalent of Intel SRT)

Graphics: AMD Radeon HD 2600

Operating system: custom built router/NAS/firewall combined operating system based on Ubuntu Linux 15.04, no Web management interface

NAS access method: SMB/CIFS + Apple File Protocol + NFS + WebDAV

Public DNS name: home.ds.maxchgw.info

• ap-lab.in.maxchan.info: Apple Time Capsule (802.11a/b/g/n) configured in bridge/AP mode, with stock 3TB hard drive.

NAS access method: SMB/CIFS + Apple File Protocol.

• ap-hallway.in.maxchan.info: TP-Link TL-WN941N with DD-WRT, configured in bridge/AP mode.
  • ap-balcony.in.maxchan.info: Netgear WN804 AP.
  • mobile.in.maxchan.info: MacBook Pro, 13-inch non-Retina, late 2012, Intel Core i5-3210M processor.
  • printer.in.maxchan.info: HP LaserJet M1216nfh multifunction printer. (This thing supports Apple AirPrint protocol and cost so little per page!)
  • yangtze.in.maxchan.info: Retired virtual machine host, now a power workstation. Named after Yangtze River, the largest river in Shanghai. Configuration:

CPU: 2x Intel Xeon E5-2620v2, 6C12T, 2.1GHz

MoBo: Asus Z9PE-D16C/2L (also a proper server board)

RAM: 8x Kingston KVR DDR3-1600 16GB ECC

Networking: onboard 2x Intel I350 gigabit NIC

Storage: 6x Western Digital Green 2TB (RAID-10 configuration, 6TB effective capacity)

Storage controller: Adaptec 6805 (This thing have some overheating issue, avoid it.)

Graphics: nVidia GT 620

Operating system: Ubuntu Linux 15.04

• huangpu.in.maxchan.info: Daily driver workstation/gaming rig. Named after Huangpu River, the second largest river in Shanghai. Configuration:

CPU: Intel Xeon E3-1231v3, 4C8T, 3.4GHz

MoBo: Gigabyte GA-Z97M-D3H

RAM: 2x Kingston KVR DDR3-1600 8GB

Networking: onboard Intel gigabit NIC.

Storage: Toshiba Apple OEM 5400rpm HDD 500GB + Kingston V300 SSD 60GB (configured as Intel SRT)

Graphics: nVidia GTX 650 Ti

Operating system: Windows 8.1 Pro

• rpi-htpc.in.maxchan.info: HTPC based on Raspberry Pi 2. Configuration:

SoC: Broadcom BCM2836 (CPU + Graphics)

CPU: ARM Cortex-A7, 4C, 1GHz

MoBo: Raspberry Pi 2

RAM: onboard Elpida LPDDR2-450 1GB

Networking: Onboard SMSC LAN9514 USB Fast Ethernet NIC

Storage: 8GB SanDisk Ultra Class 10 microSDHC card + heavily depend on NAS on gateway.in.maxchan.info

Graphics: Broadcom VideoCore IV

• audio.in.maxchan.info: Pioneer VSX-923 AV receiver (this thing works as AirTunes target)

The Fruit Pie: Core i7-9700K ~ 2x Team Force Vulkan 16GB DDR4-3200 ~ Gigabyte Z390 UD ~ XFX RX 480 Reference 8GB ~ WD Black NVMe 1TB ~ WD Black 2TB ~ macOS Monterey amd64

The Warship: Core i7-10700K ~ 2x G.Skill 16GB DDR4-3200 ~ Asus ROG Strix Z490-G Gaming Wi-Fi ~ PNY RTX 3060 12GB LHR ~ Samsung PM981 1.92TB ~ Windows 11 Education amd64
The ThreadStripper: 2x Xeon E5-2696v2 ~ 8x Kingston KVR 16GB DDR3-1600 Registered ECC ~ Asus Z9PE-D16 ~ Sapphire RX 480 Reference 8GB ~ WD Black NVMe 1TB ~ Ubuntu Linux 20.04 amd64

The Question Mark? Core i9-11900K ~ 2x Corsair Vengence 16GB DDR4-3000 @ DDR4-2933 ~ MSI Z590-A Pro ~ Sapphire Nitro RX 580 8GB ~ Samsung PM981A 960GB ~ Windows 11 Education amd64
Home server: Xeon E3-1231v3 ~ 2x Samsung 8GB DDR3-1600 Unbuffered ECC ~ Asus P9D-M ~ nVidia Tesla K20X 6GB ~ Broadcom MegaRAID 9271-8iCC ~ Gigabyte 480GB SATA SSD ~ 8x Mixed HDD 2TB ~ 16x Mixed HDD 3TB ~ Proxmox VE amd64

Laptop 1: Dell Latitude 3500 ~ Core i7-8565U ~ NVS 130 ~ 2x Samsung 16GB DDR4-2400 SO-DIMM ~ Samsung 960 Pro 512GB ~ Samsung 850 Evo 1TB ~ Windows 11 Education amd64
Laptop 2: Apple MacBookPro9.2 ~ Core i5-3210M ~ 2x Samsung 8GB DDR3L-1600 SO-DIMM ~ Intel SSD 520 Series 480GB ~ macOS Catalina amd64

Planned update, already have the networking hardware, just waiting for a new rack to arrive.

57fbe292f5.png

>> Feel free to join the unofficial LTT teamspeak 3 server TS3.schnitzel.team <<

>>LTT 10TB+ Topic<< | >>FlexRAID Tutorial<<>>LTT Speed wave<< | >>LTT Communies and Servers<<

This thread is meant to show us your network layout.

Some rules

• You must have a proper network diagram; Something made in Microsoft Visio, Gliffy (Free) or something similar.
  • No all-in-one boxes; There is not much to show off if your network only has 1 networking device.
  • It must be your own network; Don't try to impress by showing off a corporate network, we are looking for consumer networks :D

I will start off with showing my home network

05992714c4.png

Networks

• 0.x (Green, 0.0.0.0/0): This is the network directly from the modem, unfiltered. Settopboxes are set on a VLAN so they can communicate with my ISPs interactive services.
  • 1.x (Blue, 172.16.0.0/12): This is our main network, all normal clients are connected via WiFi or on switch 1.2 and 1.3.
  • 2.x (Orange, 192.168.0.0/16): This is our public network, everyone can connect to our public hotspot, but can't access our main network.

Switches

• 0.1: TP-Link TL-SG3424
  • 1.1: TP-Link TL-SG3424
  • 1.2: TP-Link TL-SG2424
  • 1.3: TP-Link TL-SG3210
  • 2.1: TP-Link TL-SG3424

Gateways

• 1.1: Ubiquiti EdgeRouter ER-8, this one also does the DHCP for 1.x
  • 2.1: Embedded system based on a APU1C4 running PFSense

DHCP

• 2.1: Embedded system based on a APU1C4 running PFSense

DNS

• 1.1: Supermicro server running Windows Server 2012R2
  • 1.2: Supermicro server running Windows Server 2012R2
  • 2.1: Embedded system based on a APU1C4 running PFSense
  • 2.2: Embedded system based on a APU1C4 running PFSense

Portal

• 2.1: Supermicro server running Windows Server 2012R2 and acting as portal for our hotspot

Access points

• 1.1: Ubiquiti UniFi AP AC
  • 1.2: Ubiquiti UniFi AP LR
  • 1.3: Ubiquiti UniFi AP
  • 2.1: Ubiquiti UniFi AP LR

Servers:

• 1.1: Custom server running Minecraft with dedicated IP
  • 1.2: ESXi running multiple VM's
  • 1.3: Custom server running Windows Server 2012R2 and acting as a NAS

Home Network Setup

i figured id upload my network, but not super complex, I run part of my business at home.
Created in packet tracer so everything is Cisco, i don't own that much Cisco stuff i tried to find the closest object possible, i also included my hosted dedicated server and its VM's
I run 3 separate networks at home:
Blue - 192.168.1.x
Green - 192.168.2.x
Yellow - 10.1.1.x

Blue and Yellow are both physical networks, and green is a virtual switch for my test Domain Controller.
Blue is my main network and Yellow is for guest wifi and client PC's

My Xeon Server run 9 VM's (Maroon box)
-Myob Server
-PBX Server
-WDS (blue)
-Ghost (wds server for yellow)
-DC Server and 2 Test VMs
-Windows 10 Test VM
-Redundant Webserver (server-PT)
My hosted server also runs 6 VM's pretty simple:
Gigabit Internet, 32gb ram, dual xeon CPU. Stored in Canada
-Personal Server (Webserver, teamspeak, blog, VPN etc)
-Exchange server for my personal and business email
-Webserver for clients
-VPS that i have rented out to a mate
-FTP Server
-Windows 10 Remote Workstation
Synology Nas 
-Personal File & Cloud Server
-SQL server for kodi (Xbmc) for the PC, HTPC(nuc), Shield
-Intranet site
-download station from my put io account
My PFsense 6 port Firewall is my dhcp/dns server for blue and yellow 
and my WAPs are Asus something or rather not the WRT's
PFsense is also my cache server 

CPU : i7 5820k l MB : ASRock Fatal1ty X99M KILLER/3.1 l RAM : 64GB l GPUs : GTX 970 l Case : Corsair 350D l SSD 2x250gb HDD 2x3tb Raid0 l CS750M PSU
CPU : i7 920 l MB : Gigabyte GA-Ex58-UD5 l RAM : 24 GB  l Case : CoolerMaster Silencio l 3x3TB Raid 5 l  Corsair VS650 | ESXI 5.5
Asus G551VW | i7 6700HQ | 32 GB | GTX 960M | 500 GB Samsung mSata | 1TB WD 

My current network is just a Modem/Router combo (ActionTek PK5000) from CenturyLink. (Our service is 12mbps down, 7mbps up rarely get that over Wifi (well at least upload))

Though next year I want to upgrade our home network to 802.11ac and 802.11n, I also want to build a File Server and also be able to use that server to download and upload things without occupying a regular computer because after it finishes downloading I can then put that download into my scratch file and then pull that download off the server and on to the PC.

dEpLB4t.png

The blue bordered and shadowed boxes are rooms (not representative of their size)

The dashed lines are Wifi, the solid lines are Cat6 ethernet, the solid line with a rhombus/diamond is the RJ11 cable that goes from the wall RJ11 jack into the modem's RJ11 jack.

a Moo Floof connoisseur and curator.

:x@handymanshandle x @pinksnowbirdie || Jake x Brendan :x
Youtube Audio Normalization

Will post the updated gliffy soon. 

IMG_0376.JPG

My Ultimate Network Layout:

ISP Modem (bridged mode) ------ Linksys Router(I would prefer not releasing the model).

Note however, I do have a hard drive plugged into my router, and I used to have two routers.  One for guests and a file server and one just for my household.  

I think its more that I just have no need for a complex network layout.  But, still.  It would be awesome to set one up sometime.  

Are plans for upcoming networking setups allowed?  :ph34r:

-----

My home network has never need anything surprising, but now that we're in a new house, I do plan on getting a decent upgrade.

This is my current layout:

Xj4COm3.png

I know, not much. But hopefully in the next month-or-two our fibre connection can finally be finished. This is what it was like before we moved house, and what it'll look like when fibre is installed:

lqr9q8E.png

As you can see, we rely a lot on WiFi, which myself and my brother personally hate due to reliability issues. So I have been looking into wiring our rooms up with ethernet, and since I'll be having my own network separate to the rest of the household I have planned out what I aim to have it look like:

h5m05fh.png

The main idea of this plan is to use WiFi primarily for a redundancy connection than relying on it to supply the whole household. As for the actual components, I have no specifications in mind as of yet, as I'll require more research beforehand, perhaps looking at purchasing second-hand for the server/server-side switch (I'm open to suggestions though...).

Are plans for upcoming networking setups allowed?  :ph34r:

-----

My home network has never need anything surprising, but now that we're in a new house, I do plan on getting a decent upgrade.

This is my current layout:

I know, not much. But hopefully in the next month-or-two our fibre connection can finally be finished. This is what it was like before we moved house, and what it'll look like when fibre is installed:

As you can see, we rely a lot on WiFi, which myself and my brother personally hate due to reliability issues. So I have been looking into wiring our rooms up with ethernet, and since I'll be having my own network separate to the rest of the household I have planned out what I aim to have it look like:

The main idea of this plan is to use WiFi primarily for a redundancy connection than relying on it to supply the whole household. As for the actual components, I have no specifications in mind as of yet, as I'll require more research beforehand, perhaps looking at purchasing second-hand for the server/server-side switch (I'm open to suggestions though...).

If your plan is to fix your household wifi, I don't see this new sketch doing it at all. You are rather focusing on the cabled network.

If your plan is to fix your household wifi, I don't see this new sketch doing it at all. You are rather focusing on the cabled network.

Technically our wifi doesn't need fixing, it's just that while gaming the connection drops often enough to cause issues, regardless of speeds. It isn't really noticeable with phones/general internet use. The idea of this plan is to help alleviate the stress on the AP, by making the devices that can have a wired connection (computers, consoles), use a wired connection. And since both my brother and myself have experienced issues, we both want to go wired, and the opportunity to get it done properly has come up.

There isn't much to explain when it comes to the wifi. Currently my mother is connected both wired and wirelessly to the router. The plan is to make all desktops/some laptops wired, where the wireless connection is mainly used as a backup for redundancy. I can remove the lines for the wirlelss signals if it helps. I'm also revising the secondary network, possibly with mesh-like interconnection.

Also, thanks for your input.  :)

-snip-

The idea seems interesting enough, however I don't get why are you running multiple links to each device. You won't be able to achieve higher speeds. Also while the multiple switch thing saves you the trouble of running much more cables, to maintain the infrastructure you will have to run around the house. Also you will probably run gigabit links to each of the switches, then separate those links to 3-4 devices, effectively downgrading your speed in the local network.

In my opinion you should consider buying a gigabit 24 Port smart switch and then run everything from it, if you need to separate something, setup a VLAN.

You don't have to buy a new smart switch, eBay is filled with used gigabit Cisco switches that will serve you very well.

As promised: 

network1.png

rack.JPG

Networks:

• LAN: 172.18.0.0/15
  • SAN: 10.10.10.0/24  VLAN 10
  • VOIP: 10.90.1.0/24

Gateway:

• Ubiquity EdgeRouter ER-8 Pro

Switches:

• Arista 7124SX 24 port 10Gbe SFP+ switch
  • Quanta LB4M 48 port 1Gbe 8P8C & 2 port 10Gbe SFP+ switch
  • HP 1810-8Gv2
  • 2x Netgear GS105Tv2

AP's:

• 2x Ubiquiti UniFi AP
  • Ubiquiti UniFi outdoor with AMO-2G13 antenna (1.4 meter tall antenna)

Man my stuff feels so inferior, mainly because I havent needed to network much as all my work is done through one system anyways. Just got a crappy AP that is provided by the ISP, wired it to my stuff in my room (PC, xbox, spare disconnected for anything else needed, etc) and set up a repeater for wifi coverage on the other side of the house. No NAS/HTPC, as I dont use the living room. Also havent had a need for my VM's for running servers anyways, and a /24 network is sufficient for what I have. Gotta say it was interesting to see everyones setups! :)