Project Toaster [NCASE M1, 4670K, Impact Z87, GTX 970 G1][WIP]

Butterfish
Go to solution Solved by Butterfish,

Finally some news on the project! - well, it's not good news.. 

I want to first apologize to everyone who were following this thread and expecting progress..

Project Toaster is sadly over, due to my lack in time and interest in the build. It was a fun ride, but i realized that the case was just too much of a hazzle and with all the setbacks i had with months and months of waiting for parts, i just couldn't bare it anymore. The toaster has gotten a new owner - one of my close friends. He needed a small chassis for carrying around, and i thought it would be best to give it to someone who would appreciate it alot more. I have therefore decided to switch back to ATX for now.

I can't thank you guys enough for all the support and replies on this thread. Who knows - maybe i will come up with something new? ;) I will keep you updated.

To see the final pictures of the build - click here

Fin

only the g1 version of the 970 has the led lit logo

ye it's g1

People can always check my sig if they are in doubt ;)

#LinusKitchenTips /// "Better than useless" - Linus Sebastian

LTT Holy bible: Code Of Conduct

Project Toaster [My Silver NCASE M1 V2 Build-log] 

Main Rig
 Case: Fractal Design Define R5 CPU: INTEL 
i5 3570k Cooler: CM Hyper 212 Evo Mobo: Maximus V Gene Z77 GPU: Gigabyte GTX 970 G1 Gaming (w/ 0% fan mode) RAM: Corsair Dominator Platinum 2x8GB 1600mHz Storage: OCZ VERTEX 4 256GB PSU: Corsair AX860 Monitor: ASUS PB278Q 1440p 27" Headphones: QPAD QH-90 Laptop
Macbook Pro Retina 13" i5 256Gb Early 2015
Phone
Oneplus One 64GB Sandstone Black

People can always check my sig if they are in doubt ;)

he was talking about the picture you posted from I quote: "DISCLAIMER - Not my build!" :P

Mini-Desktop: NCASE M1 Build Log
Mini-Server: M350 Build Log

he was talking about the picture you posted from I quote: "DISCLAIMER - Not my build!" :P

oh. well. okay. *crawls away*

Main Rig
i5 3570k Cooler: CM Hyper 212 Evo Mobo: Maximus V Gene Z77 GPU: Gigabyte GTX 970 G1 Gaming (w/ 0% fan mode) RAM: Corsair Dominator Platinum 2x8GB 1600mHz Storage: OCZ VERTEX 4 256GB PSU: Corsair AX860 Monitor: ASUS PB278Q 1440p 27" Headphones: QPAD QH-90 Laptop
Phone

• 3 weeks later...

Order complete. Expected delivery 20/02/15 :D

OklzdfM.png

giphy.gif

Main Rig
Phone

Awesome build, hopefully the SX500-LG will be better for you.

Fingers crossed!

Main Rig
Phone

Nice i haven't looked for any reviews of the SX500-LG yet, I might have to do that tonight but, tbh. I'm really happy with my SX600-G I dont have any issues with noise and its on an open bench right next to me.

Nice i haven't looked for any reviews of the SX500-LG yet, I might have to do that tonight but, tbh. I'm really happy with my SX600-G I dont have any issues with noise and its on an open bench right next to me.

There are no reviews yet. I honestly just hoping for the best. This is my last shot! 

Main Rig
Phone

The only one I know if is the Sweclockers: http://www.sweclockers.com/recension/20036-chieftec-sfx-500gd-c-och-silverstone-sx500-lg-formfaktorn-sfx-l-anlander

A few users have chimed in the SX500-LG thread over on [H] and it seems most people are satisfied with it: http://hardforum.com/showthread.php?t=1834746

One user complained of coil whine but that could be because of some combination of his hardware and the PSU. I think one other guy said it wasn't that quiet but didn't elaborate much.

This looks awesome, in the end will it be able to make toast?

I'm Batman!

Steam: Rukiri89 | uPlay: Rukiri89 | Origin: XxRukiriXx | Xbox LIVE: XxRUKIRIxX89 | PSN: Ericks1989 | Nintendo Network ID: Rukiri

Project Xenos: Motherboard: MSI Z170a M9 ACK | CPU: i7 6700k | Ram: G.Skil TridentZ 16GB 3000mhz | PSU: EVGA SuperNova 850w G2 | Case: Caselabs SMA8 | Cooling: Custom Loop | Still in progress 

if he decides to change the 970 for a 290x ... maybe :P

You can always get a USB toaster at the end.

I'm Batman!

Steam: Rukiri89 | uPlay: Rukiri89 | Origin: XxRukiriXx | Xbox LIVE: XxRUKIRIxX89 | PSN: Ericks1989 | Nintendo Network ID: Rukiri

Project Xenos: Motherboard: MSI Z170a M9 ACK | CPU: i7 6700k | Ram: G.Skil TridentZ 16GB 3000mhz | PSU: EVGA SuperNova 850w G2 | Case: Caselabs SMA8 | Cooling: Custom Loop | Still in progress 

• 2 weeks later...

CAN IT BE TRUE?? IS IT FINALLY HAPPENING???

wIYoQ43.jpg

Main Rig
Phone

Installation has to wait. Got some school work to do.....

EDIT: They send me some candy too! 

Main Rig
Phone

"school work" ... why do I see you play Amnesia then??!?!?!?

Haribo?

Mini-Desktop: NCASE M1 Build Log
Mini-Server: M350 Build Log

Which retailer are you using? My friend recently got a PSU and got sent some candy too, lol :)

Thats MY opinion up there, not the ultimate option.

"school work" ... why do I see you play Amnesia then??!?!?!?

Haribo?

I'm doing a custom story as a school project :D

And i've hit a giant wall with my build again.. It appears that lian li sent me the wrong psu bracket. It's totally identical to my V2 bracket, and looks nothing like @MrSuperb 's bracket (he posted a pic on his own build)

Going to contact ncases and rant. My GPU doesn't fit in it now... FML

EDIT: I think the gods are playing games with me

Pictures for reference:

V3 bracket (credits to mrsuperb)

tRALCAN.jpg

What i got in the mail...

MEHnM1E.jpg?1

Main Rig
Phone

Please don't rant at them, Taiwan Post had the proverbial disgruntled employee who screwed up pretty much all the orders he was in charge of for a month (including many of the M1 panel kits).

Not sure on the PSU bracket issue though, the M1's themselves weren't supposed to be affected by that issue but you're not the first this has happened to.

You may check that you got a v3 M1, the little plate on the back should say v3 and there should be an additional set of motherboard standoffs below the standard 4 for the smaller mATX boards.

Please don't rant at them, Taiwan Post had the proverbial disgruntled employee who screwed up pretty much all the orders he was in charge of for a month (including many of the M1 panel kits).

Not sure on the PSU bracket issue though, the M1's themselves weren't supposed to be affected by that issue but you're not the first this has happened to.

You may check that you got a v3 M1, the little plate on the back should say v3 and there should be an additional set of motherboard standoffs below the standard 4 for the smaller mATX boards.

I don't. I'm 100% sure i got the M1 V2. But i've contacted ncase (while being polite) :P

Main Rig
Phone

I don't. I'm 100% sure i got the M1 V2. But i've contacted ncase (while being polite) :P

Hope it gets sorted out for you soon, but yes don't go guns blazing it wont help, not without given the opportunity to make it right first. Everyone makes mistakes, I certainly do, i'm sure you have as well at some time.

Hope it gets sorted out for you soon, but yes don't go guns blazing it wont help, not without given the opportunity to make it right first. Everyone makes mistakes, I certainly do, i'm sure you have as well at some time.

Yea i was kidding when i said i was gonna flame on them. I sent them a notice saying i was a bit bummed but hope they can help me out. ;)

Main Rig
Phone