Choose Firefox Now, Or Later You Won't Get A Choice

Builder

Google Now can now tell me when I get packages on my doorstep. Where I parked. How long I was walking. When it's my dad's birthday.

It's kind of scary, but it's so helpful that I can't complain...

[spoiler = "My Computer Stuff"]

My ITX:

240 Air ; Z87I-Deluxe ; 4770K ; H100i ; G1 GTX 980TI ; Vengeance Pro 2400MHz (2x8GB) ; 3x 840 EVO (250GB) ; 2x WD Red Pro (4TB) ; RM650 ; 3x Dell U2414H ; G710+ ; G700s ; O2 + ODAC + Q701 ; Yamaha HTR-3066 + 5.1 Pioneer.

Things I Need To Get Off My Shelf:

250D ; 380T ; 800D ; C70 ; i7 920 ; i5 4670K ; Maximus Hero VI ; G.Skill 2133MHz (4x4GB) ; Crucial 2133MHz (2x4GB) ; Patriot 1600MHz (4x4GB) ; HX750 ; CX650M ; 2x WD Red (3TB) ; 5x 840 EVO (250GB) ; H60H100iH100i ; H100i ; VS247H-P ; K70 Reds ; K70 Blues ; K70 RGB Browns ; HD650.

But you're willing to give up the internet's freedom to Google for that?

The second someone creates something better is the second I'll switch. I should use something worse because eventually the thing that's worse will go away?? That's what evolution is. Survival of the fittest and so far it's worked out well

Finally my Santa hat doesn't look out of place

what does open source have to do with anything? its unstable.

chrome is plenty fast now...

and to your last statement

Triple-facepalm-picard-812.jpg

im sorry for saying this, but stop quoting me, i will not answer, because i dont converse with idiotic conspiracy theorists

You've conversed with me before :P

Ketchup is better than mustard.

GUI is better than Command Line Interface.

Dubs are better than subs

Well most google stuff is free and it works most of the time, and 10 years ago everything was microsoft stuff and really expensive, microsoft office is losing it's domination for the last years, but before that it was just a must and expensive. it's nice to see the free alternatives are at least equal imho, so why pay for the same? And i don't have issues with the domination of android, it's open source and if you buy the right phone, can you install a custom rom. 

edit: i use chrome because the alternatives aren't better, but chrome isn't good either, but i stick with chrome until some browser proves to be better, and then i will probably change. It's a nice time for browser developers to dominate it because it's needed. None of the browers atm are superior to the rest, quite sad...

If you want my attention, quote meh! D: or just stick an @samcool55 in your post :3

Spying on everyone to fight against terrorism is like shooting a mosquito with a cannon

I'm not going to switch to inferior products. They are winning because they are the best available.

100% agree. I'm not going to buy a windows phone over android.. because android is far superior. So why would i stop using Chrome when Firefox is worse?

Game Dev | Pro Gamer

I just don't understand how they could have a monopoly on the internet. As soon as they would start to abuse it, people would switch, 

Tea, Metal, and poorly written code.

If Google is "taking over the internet" like Microsoft did with the computing world years back, it means FireFox and IE need to step up their game hard to make their browser better to attract more people.

OP is also bitching about a corporation being a corporation. Their main goal is to make as much money as humanly possible and it's up to either government regulators or competition to keep them in check. When neither does this they're free to grow as big as they can and they will do things to protect their interests.

I just don't understand how they could have a monopoly on the internet. As soon as they would start to abuse it, people would switch, 

Knowledge is power, guard it well.

Steam | Twitch | YT | Build

But Google stuff actually works.. So why not use it?

Works + innovating is good enough for me.

Firefox has a lot of junk, doesn't run as smoothly, nor does the UI look as good as as intuitive as I want it to.

Innovation is only fueled by competition. see IE. Products stagnate quickly without innovation, and even quicker in the tech sector, and in many ways it is more difficult to establish a presence - whens the last time you ever thought outside opera, chrome and firefox for alternative web browsers? They dont work. Maxthon has gotten close but not close enough.

That attitude will pull us into very deep shit.

If Google is "taking over the internet" like Microsoft did with the computing world years back, it means FireFox and IE need to step up their game hard to make their browser better to attract more people.

OP is also bitching about a corporation being a corporation. Their main goal is to make as much money as humanly possible and it's up to either government regulators or competition to keep them in check. When neither does this they're free to grow as big as they can and they will do things to protect their interests.

But we aren't blaming or bitching - nothing but facts and a reasonable suggestion to avoid a bad outcome for all of us. What in there exactly do you take issue with?

snip

'im not a sheep'

'iphone'

i rest my case

Either everyone here has a massive hard on for google, or you all are blind as fuck because this shit is heavy and it could seriously screw us over. The internet has had no equal in history, all we have to go on are predictions based on the last 20 or so years and if that is anything to go by google could seriously potentially fuck us all over if they wanted to, and because it is a corporation america has put it into that special 'has human rights but not responsibilities' camp like it does with all others.

Everything said by me is my humble opinion and nothing more, unless otherwise stated.

Firefox improves my battery life over chrome, but I still can't use it because it's so sluggish.

Location: Kaunas, Lithuania, Europe, Earth, Solar System, Local Interstellar Cloud, Local Bubble, Gould Belt, Orion Arm, Milky Way, Milky Way subgroup, Local Group, Virgo Supercluster, Laniakea, Pisces–Cetus Supercluster Complex, Observable universe, Universe.

Spoiler

12700, B660M Mortar DDR4, 32GB 3200C16 Viper Steel, 2TB SN570, EVGA Supernova G6 850W, be quiet! 500FX, EVGA 3070Ti FTW3 Ultra.

Chrome a monopoly, please, I use the bloody thing, because Firefox crashes on me a lot, we all know ie has a fair amount of problems regardless of being better that it was before, safari, Apple can such my cock all they want and I'll never use their products regardless of the software and hardware, though I would legitimate switch to opera if i could freaking migrate my bookmarks, because I don't understand how they fuck that up, that's my only problem with them, also I don't understand how chrome is forcing you to use Google search, you can fucking make bing the default search, just because of a bloody ad in the front page equals to monopoly, and YouTube working better on chrome is a no brainer, Google since forever wanted to get rid of flash for legitimate reasons, html5 is superior and is not Google fault others don't add support to it

this is one of the greatest thing that has happened to me recently, and it happened on this forum, those involved have my eternal gratitude http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/198850-update-alex-got-his-moto-g2-lets-get-a-moto-g-for-alexgoeshigh-unofficial/ :')

i use to have the second best link in the world here, but it died ;_; its a 404 now but it will always be here

Innovation is only fueled by competition. see IE. Products stagnate quickly without innovation, and even quicker in the tech sector, and in many ways it is more difficult to establish a presence - whens the last time you ever thought outside opera, chrome and firefox for alternative web browsers? They dont work. Maxthon has gotten close but not close enough.

That attitude will pull us into very deep shit.

But we aren't blaming or bitching - nothing but facts and a reasonable suggestion to avoid a bad outcome for all of us. What in there exactly do you take issue with?

'im not a sheep'

'iphone'

i rest my case

Either everyone here has a massive hard on for google, or you all are blind as fuck because this shit is heavy and it could seriously screw us over. The internet has had no equal in history, all we have to go on are predictions based on the last 20 or so years and if that is anything to go by google could seriously potentially fuck us all over if they wanted to, and because it is a corporation america has put it into that special 'has human rights but not responsibilities' camp like it does with all others.

Look another one calling me a sheep yet you didn't even bother to read what I put.

Let me spell it out for you.

I am not a sheep, I own Google products, Microsoft products, Sony products, Apple products. Currently I have my gaming PC I built which consists of plenty different components not made by the same company which runs the OS Windows made by Microsoft. I own a Macbook Air which runs OSX made by Apple, I own a Nexus 5, Xperia Z1, Lumia 920 and an iPhone 5S (Don't ask me why I own all of them). I have a PS4, PS3 and Xbox 360 as well as the Wii. So if I am a "sheep" I am a sheep to all companies.

Fact of the matter is, Google has money and they want to spend it on wide development and research. Last time I checked Microsoft was only Windows and then they made Xbox then they made Bing then they started making their own hardware such as surface... Guess that means Microsoft is monopolizing as well? I mean they already bundle Internet Explorer and their OS itself with pretty much EVERY PC in the world.

The point im trying to make is Google is doing nothing out of the ordinary now chop chop and continue with your everyday life. 

System Specs:

CPU: Ryzen 7 5800X

GPU: Radeon RX 7900 XT 

RAM: 32GB 3600MHz

HDD: 1TB Sabrent NVMe -  WD 1TB Black - WD 2TB Green -  WD 4TB Blue

MB: Gigabyte  B550 Gaming X- RGB Disabled

PSU: Corsair RM850x 80 Plus Gold

Case: BeQuiet! Silent Base 801 Black

Cooler: Noctua NH-DH15

What's wrong with you people? Don't you know IE is back and better than ever?

http://www.reddit.com/r/IAmA/comments/2dk60t/we_build_internet_explorer_i_know_right_ask_us/

† Christian Member †

For my pertinent links to guides, reviews, and anything similar, go here, and look under the spoiler labeled such. A brief history of Unix and it's relation to OS X by Builder.

Chrome a monopoly, please, I use the bloody thing, because Firefox crashes on me a lot, we all know ie has a fair amount of problems regardless of being better that it was before, safari, Apple can such my cock all they want and I'll never use their products regardless of the software and hardware, though I would legitimate switch to opera if i could freaking migrate my bookmarks, because I don't understand how they fuck that up, that's my only problem with them, also I don't understand how chrome is forcing you to use Google search, you can fucking make bing the default search, just because of a bloody ad in the front page equals to monopoly, and YouTube working better on chrome is a no brainer, Google since forever wanted to get rid of flash for legitimate reasons, html5 is superior and is not Google fault others don't add support to it

Ding ding ding you hit the nail on the head

System Specs:

But Google stuff actually works.. So why not use it?

Works + innovating is good enough for me.

Firefox has a lot of junk, doesn't run as smoothly, nor does the UI look as good as as intuitive as I want it to.

While I agree, I also agree with the OP in that monopolization of any industry is very very bad and this is what people are worried about. I honestly prefer to use google products over anything else but I'm thankful I have a choice and what the article is talking about is that there may not be a choice eventually, and that's very scary.

EDIT: To add, I don't want to see any monopoly, but if I did have to choose, I'd chose Google over anything else.

Processor: AMD FX8320 Cooler: Hyper 212 EVO Motherboard: Asus M5A99FX PRO 2.0 RAM: Corsair Vengeance 2x4GB 1600Mhz

Graphics: Zotac GTX 1060 6GB PSU: Corsair AX860 Case: Corsair Carbine 500R Drives: 500GB Samsung 840 EVO SSD & Seagate 1TB 7200rpm HDD

What's wrong with you people? Don't you know IE is back and better than ever?

http://www.reddit.com/r/IAmA/comments/2dk60t/we_build_internet_explorer_i_know_right_ask_us/

I'd like to think so, internet explorer is a great browser it just needs more features like Chrome then i'll use it... I am actually not joking.

System Specs:

Personally, once Google started to tie all of it's accounts and things together I started looking at phasing some of their stuff out. Google make some cool stuff, but seriously I wish they didn't inject the same business model into everything they do. It's really fucking tiresome.

I don't use Chrome. I've never used Gmail / Docs. I block Google analytics. Never used Google Drive. Google Plus is a joke. And I've phased out Google Search.

I use Android (custom rom), Chromecast and YouTube / Twitch.

Personally, once Google started to tie all of it's accounts and things together I started looking at phasing some of their stuff out. Google make some cool stuff, but seriously I wish they didn't inject the same business model into everything they do. It's really fucking tiresome.

I don't use Chrome. I've never used Gmail / Docs. I block Google analytics. Never used Google Drive. Google Plus is a joke. And I've phased out Google Search.

I use Android (custom rom), Chromecast and YouTube / Twitch.

Google+ is alright once it's set up. Trying to tie all the accounts together; that's total BS on Google's part, and the way they handled it is ridiculous, with out of date help articles. It might be better now though.

Tea, Metal, and poorly written code.

I'd like to think so, internet explorer is a great browser it just needs more features like Chrome then i'll use it... I am actually not joking.

What features doesn't it have?

"You have got to be the biggest asshole on this forum..."

-GingerbreadPK

sudo rm -rf /

If Google get too big there is a little bit of government legislation called the Competition Commission, Means the Government has the right to force ANY company to sell of parts of its self if they become too big.

Like how some bank (cant remember the name of it) was massive and they where forced to sell some of there branches to other smaller banks.

Intel I9-9900k (5Ghz) Asus ROG Maximus XI Formula | Corsair Vengeance 16GB DDR4-4133mhz | ASUS ROG Strix 2080Ti | EVGA Supernova G2 1050w 80+Gold | Samsung 950 Pro M.2 (512GB) + (1TB) | Full EK custom water loop |IN-WIN S-Frame (No. 263/500)

google has been doing this BS on chrome for a while  and seem to be more controlling

(ie cant install plugins outside their site unless u have the dev version of chrome lol... )

but i dont really see anything that pulls me in - they dont really have any thing special imo

been using firefox for a while because of how creepy they are (creepy as in facebook creepy)

If your grave doesn't say "rest in peace" on it You are automatically drafted into the skeleton war.

I only use Chrome for school. Otherwise, Chrome can suck my nuts. Midori and Firefox FTW!!!

gallery_37587_679_445.png

Main rig on profile

VAULT - File Server

Spoiler

Intel Core i5 11400 w/ Shadow Rock LP, 2x16GB SP GAMING 3200MHz CL16, ASUS PRIME Z590-A, 2x LSI 9211-8i, Fractal Define 7, 256GB Team MP33, 3x 6TB WD Red Pro (general storage), 3x 1TB Seagate Barracuda (dumping ground), 3x 8TB WD White-Label (Plex) (all 3 arrays in their respective Windows Parity storage spaces), Corsair RM750x, Windows 11 Education

Sleeper HP Pavilion A6137C

Spoiler

Intel Core i7 6700K @ 4.4GHz, 4x8GB G.SKILL Ares 1800MHz CL10, ASUS Z170M-E D3, 128GB Team MP33, 1TB Seagate Barracuda, 320GB Samsung Spinpoint (for video capture), MSI GTX 970 100ME, EVGA 650G1, Windows 10 Pro

Mac Mini (Late 2020)

Spoiler

Apple M1, 8GB RAM, 256GB, macOS Sonoma

Consoles: Softmodded 1.4 Xbox w/ 500GB HDD, Xbox 360 Elite 120GB Falcon, XB1X w/2TB MX500, Xbox Series X, PS1 1001, PS2 Slim 70000 w/ FreeMcBoot, PS4 Pro 7015B 1TB (retired), PS5 Digital, Nintendo Switch OLED, Nintendo Wii RVL-001 (black)

Look another one calling me a sheep yet you didn't even bother to read what I put.

Let me spell it out for you.

I am not a sheep, I own Google products, Microsoft products, Sony products, Apple products. Currently I have my gaming PC I built which consists of plenty different components not made by the same company which runs the OS Windows made by Microsoft. I own a Macbook Air which runs OSX made by Apple, I own a Nexus 5, Xperia Z1, Lumia 920 and an iPhone 5S (Don't ask me why I own all of them). I have a PS4, PS3 and Xbox 360 as well as the Wii. So if I am a "sheep" I am a sheep to all companies.

Fact of the matter is, Google has money and they want to spend it on wide development and research. Last time I checked Microsoft was only Windows and then they made Xbox then they made Bing then they started making their own hardware such as surface... Guess that means Microsoft is monopolizing as well? I mean they already bundle Internet Explorer and their OS itself with pretty much EVERY PC in the world.

The point im trying to make is Google is doing nothing out of the ordinary now chop chop and continue with your everyday life. 

You are being thickheaded tho. A sheep, first of all, at least imho, is someone who defends companies excessively without reasonable cause to do so. These are companies, not people, working for profit, and they all have their limitations and faults. We aren't talking about individuals.

Secondly, no one is accusing google of wrongdoing AT ALL. They are a perfectly respectable company. A lot of people, on both sides of the argument, dont seem to realise that chromium, google's web browser, is open source, and when bundled with the proprietary google login and other such components it is called chrome. Hence intrinsically it is no better or worse than firefox in terms of development, unless you count community development as a bonus. The idea is that everyone is switching to chrome despite no real world performance benefits over firefox, simply because they believe it to be 'lighter' and 'more solid', which is not the case - chrome consumes just as much ram as firefox on my PC, and it crashes about as often (with overuse of flash which is more adobe's fault). Firefox is and has always been the more customisable alternative, especially with non marketplace add ons not being allowed by chrome any longer.

The idea is simply to get people to appreciate firefox and get more people onboard, so as to avoid a monopoly which is BAD FOR EVERYONE. That is all.

+ anyone who owns an iphone for anything other than simplicity loses 3 points in my book.

Everything said by me is my humble opinion and nothing more, unless otherwise stated.