Innerfidelity says the new Beat solos2 are "Excellent"

Kevinkt

and people say beats are over priced since you can get better sounding headphones for 1/4th the price

That was the old beats, apparently. I still wouldn't buy them because of the shiny plastic build, but that graph looks pretty nice...

A video about audio fidelity with that FUCKING HISS ... 

God damn ... don't take his word on anything sound related ... goes to prove that he's not quite that skillful on the subject if he can't fix that issue

(Excuse me for my english, or my bad mouth ... Or both if you are too sensitive)

He is one of the best audio gear reviewers on the planet. Most of his work is written out so don't go by the background noise on some of his YouTube videos.

Untrained ears should be cut off when they give reviews of audio products.

I run my browser through NSA ports to make their illegal jobs easier. :P
If it's not broken, take it apart and fix it.
http://pcpartpicker.com/b/fGM8TW

It'll end up being a "not worth the price" review as we all know, but why not? 

Maybe you can show some better options for a lower price.

Tell you guys what, I will go to the Apple store tomorrow and see if they are carrying this in there. If not, I know Best Buy does. I will take over my Fii0 e17 and my phone so will see how I like it out myself. I would like to think my hearing is pretty trained but at the very least this is going to be another consumer standpoint to add.

Tell you guys what, I will go to the Apple store tomorrow and see if they are carrying this in there. If not, I know Best Buy does. I will take over my Fii0 e17 and my phone so will see how I like it out myself. I would like to think my hearing is pretty trained but at the very least this is going to be another consumer standpoint to add.

We will be waiting for your delivery :)

VSG ...

It was a dramatic statement for the lol's but I don't diss on the guy ... don't actually know him or his work to be honest.

I do work with sound tho, and if you are doing reviews about sound related stuff, you should be able to set up sound like a pro in order to drive the point stronger ... being that in every part of the chain, set up, recording, mixing, mastering, rendering, etc ... you get my point (I hope so) 

Please note that I don't want to be disrespectful or act like I'm super pro about this, I'm quite the novice actually, but I still know a lil bit about this and I think it would help the guy a lot if he puts more to the quality of the vids.

Cheers and have a good day you all from a friend in Colombia

VSG ...

It was a dramatic statement for the lol's but I don't diss on the guy ... don't actually know him or his work to be honest.

I do work with sound tho, and if you are doing reviews about sound related stuff, you should be able to set up sound like a pro in order to drive the point stronger ... being that in every part of the chain, set up, recording, mixing, mastering, rendering, etc ... you get my point (I hope so) 

Please note that I don't want to be disrespectful or act like I'm super pro about this, I'm quite the novice actually, but I still know a lil bit about this and I think it would help the guy a lot if he puts more to the quality of the vids.

And I repeat myself: He pretty much does it on purpose at this point.

And I repeat myself: He pretty much does it on purpose at this point.

Which would make him an a-hole.

No, just saying, you know, stating a fact. I don't care about the guy.

No, just saying, you know, stating a fact. I don't care about the guy.

You called him an asshole because of some noise in a youtube video.  :rolleyes:

You called him an asshole because of some noise in a youtube video.  :rolleyes:

And you said he does it on purpose. Which is trolling. Which would make him an asshole. Assuming what you said is true. Which might not be. 

Conditional tense dude, it expresses probability, not certainty.

VSG ...

Tyll ain't perfect but he's one of the less insane ones from Headfi. His work measuring headphones is data the rest of the community relies upon. It is quite ironic that a channel dedicated to great sound has bad video sound quality though.

Untrained ears should be cut off when they give reviews of audio products.

Brb, getting my certificate of trainedness.  :mellow:

It's not about training. Unless we're trying to train somebody to hear a difference between FLAC and MP3 and we're doing a one month course. Experience might let a person explain the differences in sound better, with a better set of vocabulary. The problem is, when a person says 'these are the best headphones I've ever had!!!', they've literally only had 2 headphones in their entire life. Or, the person reviewing really doesn't give a damn about the accuracy of their review and they don't bother to test headphones side by side, etc etc which is more due to apathy than anything.

It wouldn't surprise me they totally redid them after all the negative reviews.  Let's hope we get a market-wide improvement in fashion headphones by next year.  If they can make them sound like the new studios without the noise canceling feature, then what Tyll is saying would make sense based on my own experience with the Studios.

I brought up this video on Headfi. The people there don't want to accept that Beats are not total and utter trash anymore, so they're busy trying to attack every small detail about it, lol.
Like god damn, I'm not even saying Beats are the best. Instead of celebrating the fact that Beats is providing better audio for most people, they're left trying to stick to more esoteric brands and amps and dacs. Jeeze.

In Placebo We Trust - Resident Obnoxious Objective Fangirl (R.O.O.F) - Your Eyes Cannot Hear
Haswell Overclocking Guide | Skylake Overclocking GuideCan my amp power my headphones?

i still won't buy asrock or OCZ after their fuck ups. 

and people say beats are over priced since you can get better sounding headphones for 1/4th the price

You can but what if someone really wants the beats as a fashion item and doesn´t really care about the sound quality. His priorities might be questionable but for him the beats are not overpriced. This is what I mean with overpriced is entirely subjective.

Doesn't matter how good they are, I would never buy any Beats, ever. The whole brand sickens me.

I've lost all respect for this guy.

I respect him even more, because he tells his true opinion and he did an objective review. I heard many audio-guys to really like these headphones.For once Dre made some really good sounding headphones. Deal with it.

Yep, even if they did improve the sound quality of the Beats as much as that guy says, I wouldn't buy them. Build quality is pretty low for that price range and, well, as shallow and impractical as it sounds, I just wouldn't feel comfortable wearing that particular brand.

And you said he does it on purpose. Which is trolling. Which would make him an asshole. Assuming what you said is true. Which might not be. 

Conditional tense dude, it expresses probability, not certainty.

I just think there's bigger things to call someone an asshole over.

You can but what if someone really wants the beats as a fashion item and doesn´t really care about the sound quality. His priorities might be questionable but for him the beats are not overpriced. This is what I mean with overpriced is entirely subjective.

But we are not Fashion Today forum. This is the audio section, our #1 concern here is audio quality, not how pimp something looks. If somebody is looking for fashion help, they won't be here.\

Doesn't matter how good they are, I would never buy any Beats, ever. The whole brand sickens me.

There are people who are willing to wear something like Audeze LCDs and HD800s outside. Either they don't give a crap about what others think of them or they really just care about sound quality. Both of these reasons are fine grounds for wearing Beats outside (if they are the best at a given price point). It's about ignoring brands (something people accuse people who pick Beats of failing to do, I might add) and just caring about the sound. If Beats were better than my headphones in enough categories, I'd be wearing Beats.

In Placebo We Trust - Resident Obnoxious Objective Fangirl (R.O.O.F) - Your Eyes Cannot Hear
Haswell Overclocking Guide | Skylake Overclocking GuideCan my amp power my headphones?

Update time- Apple store didn't have it yet but 1 Best Buy did. I am not a big bass guy myself but this did sound better than the other Beats models next to it. The mids and highs were not very good but then again this headset never claimed it. So as a comparison to previous models, they have definitely done something better. I still wouldn't buy them myself. I would likely go with the V-Moda Crossfades myself.

Just a quick google search has pretty much every review saying the same thing.

But we are not Fashion Today forum. This is the audio section, our #1 concern here is audio quality, not how pimp something looks. If somebody is looking for fashion help, they won't be here.\

Yes but it still doesn´t change the fact that overpriced is a subjective term. It is ok to say that the original beats solo had a very bad sound quality to price ratio but the question if it is overpriced depends entirely on the person who is thinking about buying it. So most peope on this forum will find that the beats are overpriced because they mostly care about sound quality but the point is not everyone on earth is going to find them overpriced.

Are stealing my images now? Is this what we are doing now?

Im almost a little bent. 

Oh, and this thread is stupid, everyone getting bent because a man has an opinion. 

Yes but it still doesn´t change the fact that overpriced is a subjective term. It is ok to say that the original beats solo had a very bad sound quality to price ratio but the question if it is overpriced depends entirely on the person who is thinking about buying it. So most peope on this forum will find that the beats are overpriced because they mostly care about sound quality but the point is not everyone on earth is going to find them overpriced.

You know what?

I think you like to argue for the sake of arguing. Stop grasping at straws.