Innerfidelity says the new Beat solos2 are "Excellent"

Kevinkt

Woah:

oops forgot to put that in the OP yeah.

BeatsMasterRace

I'm assuming the Apple acquisition wasn't the cause? Seems a bit too recent to be the cause.

unless they were planing this for the last year? six months and planing to release them within two weeks after the deal was done. i mean, it is apple.

http://www.innerfidelity.com/images/BeatsSoloII2014.pdf

http://www.innerfidelity.com/images/SennheiserMomentum.pdf

http://www.innerfidelity.com/images/VModaXS.pdf

Complete measurements from Tyll from Shearme's pictures. (In case you want them)

-

unless they were planing this for the last year? six months and planing to release them within two weeks after the deal was done. i mean, it is apple.

I dunno what type of R&D and planning goes into Beats, but product launches tend to take a bit longer than us normal people assume. But I suppose it's possible that once Apple took the helm they're like, FIX THIS, NOW!!!!!

In Placebo We Trust - Resident Obnoxious Objective Fangirl (R.O.O.F) - Your Eyes Cannot Hear
Haswell Overclocking Guide | Skylake Overclocking GuideCan my amp power my headphones?

http://www.innerfidelity.com/images/BeatsSoloII2014.pdf

http://www.innerfidelity.com/images/SennheiserMomentum.pdf

http://www.innerfidelity.com/images/VModaXS.pdf

Complete measurements from Tyll from Shearme's pictures. (In case you want them)

-

I dunno what type of R&D and planning goes into Beats, but product launches tend to take a bit longer than us normal people assume. But I suppose it's possible that once Apple took the helm they're like, FIX THIS, NOW!!!!!

well if they've been thinking about buying beats for say the last two years? it's possible they had something ready to test/get ready for a release in a few years.

Maybe Apple wanted to increase the quality now after their aquisition of Beats, or maybe it's too early for that to have been an influence IDK.

Either way it's nice to see a brand with a poor rep having it addressed.

I still don't much like the look of them, I have to say.

Also given his video on the first model? I think these must be a whole bunch better lol

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ipZY0qGrA9Y

Maybe Apple wanted to increase the quality now after their aquisition of Beats, or maybe it's too early for that to have been an influence IDK.

Either way it's nice to see a brand with a poor rep having it addressed.

I still don't much like the look of them, I have to say.

Also given his video on the first model? I think these must be a whole bunch better lol

this video is the best review on his channel

also

I think the best thing about his channel he so into audio and headphones but the noise floor on his videos are fucking horrible.

I think the best thing about his channel he so into audio and headphones but the noise floor on his videos are fucking horrible.

And some videos are worse than others, wonder what's goin' on there. Not like he can't afford a decent microphone...

In Placebo We Trust - Resident Obnoxious Objective Fangirl (R.O.O.F) - Your Eyes Cannot Hear
Haswell Overclocking Guide | Skylake Overclocking GuideCan my amp power my headphones?

And some videos are worse than others, wonder what's goin' on there. Not like he can't afford a decent microphone...

Eh, he's prob saving up for a studio mic that costs 100k

I just got a pair of these actually. I needed closed cans to use when I can't use my 558s. I used a bunch of headphones around a few stores and liked these the most at this price point. Honestly was surprised after hearing nothing but bad things from people. And the fact that the previous ones were godawful. Quite comfy too.

He pretty much does it on purpose at this point.

You know what, I was thinking that to myself, here is a man who is clearly passionate about audio but the amount of hiss in his videos, damn.

Obviously he is aware of it, guess he just doesn't find it to be an issue worth addressing IDK.

Maybe he has some pride in the fact that his viewership is there for what he is saying and that is the only reason.

Maybe some of you guys should base your opinion on the actual product instead of the brand

Maybe some of you guys should base your opinion on the actual product instead of the brand

It's kinda hard when the brand is known for being overpeiced and not very good. 

It's kinda hard when the brand is known for being overpeiced and not very good. 

It is still kind of stupid assuming that because a brand had bad price/performance products in the past it will never produce anything better in the future. I will not bash on the new beats until I haven´t tried them myself.

(also I wish people would stop using the word overpriced, it is entirely subjective what you consider to be overpriced)

http://www.innerfidelity.com/content/time-rethink-beats-solo2-excellent

Video

He says they're better than the Sennheiser Momentum on-ears.

Maybe time for @LinusTech to take a look and see what he thinks about them?,  I kinda wanna try them out now.

It wouldn't surprise me they totally redid them after all the negative reviews.  Let's hope we get a market-wide improvement in fashion headphones by next year.  If they can make them sound like the new studios without the noise canceling feature, then what Tyll is saying would make sense based on my own experience with the Studios.

"Pardon my French but this is just about the most ignorant blanket statement I've ever read. And though this is the internet, I'm not even exaggerating."

It is still kind of stupid assuming that because a brand had bad price/performance products in the past it will never produce anything better in the future. I will not bash on the new beats until I haven´t tried them myself.

(also I wish people would stop using the word overpriced, it is entirely subjective what you consider to be overpriced)

i still won't buy asrock or OCZ after their fuck ups. 

and people say beats are over priced since you can get better sounding headphones for 1/4th the price

I have momentum on ears and they have completely hollow bass. If a person listens to something that likes bass I'm not surprised if someone likes beats more.

Intel 4670K /w TT water 2.0 performer, GTX 1070FE, Gigabyte Z87X-DH3, Corsair HX750, 16GB Mushkin 1333mhz, Fractal R4 Windowed, Varmilo mint TKL, Logitech m310, HP Pavilion 23bw, Logitech 2.1 Speakers

A video about audio fidelity with that FUCKING HISS ... 

God damn ... don't take his word on anything sound related ... goes to prove that he's not quite that skillful on the subject if he can't fix that issue

(Excuse me for my english, or my bad mouth ... Or both if you are too sensitive)

I haven't tried the new Beats, but a friend of mine swears by them now. I've actually heard from many that the newer models are starting to sound decent, probably still overpriced for what you get, but better is better.

CPU: Intel Core i5 3570K @4.5GHz          RAM: 16GB Corsair Vengeance Black              Drives: 480GB SSD/1.3HDD

Motherboard: Gigabyte Z77X-UD3H          Graphics Card: ASUS HD7970 Direct CUII     PSU: Corsair HX650M

Case: NZXT Phantom Black/Modded        CPU Cooler: Noctua NH-C14                            Monitors: 2x Dell U2312HM