Logitech G710+ review Stay Away!

I have the G710+ as well and I bought mine as a demo unit. It has worked just fine for the last year, only 2 leds are becoming a bit less bright, but I don't' mind that so I'm not gonna RMA. As for RMA experiences with Logitech, I have a G600 with the old flash, which could not be updated, I emailed them abnout it and they sent me a brand new G600 and I could keep the old one, so I have no problems with Logitech at all

"Great minds discuss ideas; average minds discuss events; small minds discuss people."

Main rig:

i7-4790 - 24GB RAM - GTX 970 - Samsung 840 240GB Evo - 2x 2TB Seagate. - 4 monitors - G710+ - G600 - Zalman Z9U3

Other devices

Oneplus One 64GB Sandstone

Surface Pro 3 - i7 - 256Gb

Surface RT

Server:

SuperMicro something - Xeon e3 1220 V2 - 12GB RAM - 16TB of Seagates 

I've had this keyboard for over a year, perhaps even close to two years (unsure) & mine has everything intact. I use the keyboard heavily as well with gaming & typing reports. 

Desktop: Intel 4770k - 12GB Vengeance Pro 1866Mhz RAM - Asus Maximus VI Formula Mobo - Asus Strix 970 SLI - Cooler Master V850 PSU -  Nzxt Phantom 630 Case  - 1TB WD HDD - Samsung 840 Evo 250GB SSD - Nzxt Kraken X60 - 24" Asus VG248QE 1080p Monitor - Logitech G35 Headset -  G502 Proteus Core - Logitech G710+ Keyboard - Nzxt Hue - Windows 10

I never had issue contacting Logitech customer service. I had a Logitech G9X mouse with the feet worn out after few months which scratched my mousepad hard surface. I contacted them and they offered to send me a new mouse without needing to send mine back.

I've had my eye on this keyboard for a while now. It'll be my first Mechanical keyboard. I really like Logitech. Not a fanboy. I'll switch if I find something better.

But I have a G15 that still works well. The Rollover sucks compared to other keyboards I've used tho.

I also have a G5, G500, G602 and I've bought M500s for my whole department at work because they just seem to last longer than other products.

The cable crapped out on my G5 twice and the RMA process on it was really simple. The second time they just sent me the G500. I've since bought a replacement cable on Ebay and popped that back into the G5 and it works ok as a productivity mouse.

FX-8350 | Asus Sabertooth 990fx r2.0 | 16 GB (2x8 1600Mhz) Corsair Vengeance | EVGA GeForce GTX 770 SC Dual | Corsair Vengeance C70 | 120GB Samsung EVO SSD, 1TB WD Black | Corsair AX860i | 2x BenQ XL2420TE | Corsair H110 | Logitech G15 | Logitech G500 | Creative Sound Blaster Z | Windows 8.1

Mine has been running for a year and the only problem I had was that some caps are slightly loose and fall off when transporting, but other than that I highly recommend it and their support is great.

The Grey Squirrel

CPU: i7-6700k @ 4.8GHz - CPU Cooler: Be Quiet! Dark Rock 3 - Motherboard: ASUS Z170-E - GPU:  ASUS GTX 1060 DUAL

Case: Inwin 303 - RAM: 4x8GB Corsair LPX Storage: 2x Samsung 850 EVO 500GB - PSU: EVGA SuperNOVA G2 550W

Mouse: Logitech G502 Wired / Bungee Keyboard: Corsair Strafe Cherry MX Red Headphone: Sony MDR- 1R

Microphone:  Blue Yeti - Webcam: Logitech C920 - Monitors: 3x Dell S2415H 

i'd say this is an overly negative review...

the lighting is nice, the media keys work, it has just enough g-keys to be usefull. my left control cap did break, and i havent bothered to call logitech about, cause its not that big of a deal.  its a nice solid keyboard overall maybe one day ill consider either replacing or fixing the cap, but today is not that day

Never had the experience myself, but a keyboard's keycaps should not break. No matter what. 

So the fact that it broke at all from (what I assume is) normal use, shouldn't be acceptable.

Although, this is probably just a minority thing, and it probably comes down to bad experiences being voiced vs completely-as-expected experiences being just...not voiced.

Home is where the heart my desktop is.

• 1 month later...

Yep. Just had to RMA my one a few days ago and got my replacement and some LED's have a warm white instead of a neutral/cool white.

CPU: Intel i5 4570 | Cooler: Cooler Master TPC 812 | Motherboard: ASUS H87M-PRO | RAM: G.Skill 16GB (4x4GB) @ 1600MHZ | Storage: OCZ ARC 100 480GB, WD Caviar Black 2TB, Caviar Blue 1TB | GPU: Gigabyte GTX 970 | ODD: ASUS BC-12D2HT BR Reader | PSU: Cooler Master V650 | Display: LG IPS234 | Keyboard: Logitech G710+ | Mouse: Logitech G602 | Audio: Logitech Z506 & Audio Technica M50X | My machine: https://nz.pcpartpicker.com/b/JoJ

like mine?

lol my Mionix Zibal 60 has been doing that with all the buttons on the left side, ctrl, shift, caps, tab and that | / § button, ever since I managed to spill coke on my keyboard and left it to dry, then sprayed all the switches with electric cleaning spray.

Reviews: JBL J33i   M50s   SRH440   Soundmagic PL50           

Been using the keyboard for a couple of weeks. I might do a quick review next year.

CPU: Intel Core i7-4790k | CPU Cooler: Noctua NH-D15 | Motherboard: ASUS Sabertooth Z97 MARK 1 | Memory: Kingston HyperX FURY 16GB 1866MHz | GPU: Gigabyte GeForce GTX 770 4GB Windforce

Storage: Samsung 840 EVO | PSU: CM Silent Pro 720W | Case: Phanteks Enthoo Luxe | Headset: Corsair Vengeance 2100 | Keyboard: Logitech G710+ | Mouse: Razer DeathAdder Chroma

"You see, one can only be angry with those he respects." - R. Nixon

as for why they want you to send in the whole keybord is so that they know your not ''scamming'' them you could have just as well took a picture of the internet and showed it to them ;P

I used one of these for a few months and didn't have any problems with it, liked the feel of the switches but ended up going back to my blues.

CPU: i7-4770k @4.8ghz---Motherboard: Asus Sabertooth z97---Ram 32gb Corsair Vengeance---GPU: 2 EVGA GTX 980 4gb way sli---Case: Corsair 600T White---Storage: 500gb 850 Pro & WD Black 4tb---PSU: Corsair RM1000

I used one of these for a few months and didn't have any problems with it, liked the feel of the switches but ended up going back to my blues.

They actually just released a version with Blues, called (as far as I can tell) the G710 (without a plus).

For Sale: Meraki Bundle

iPhone Xr 128 GB Product Red - HP Spectre x360 13" (i5 - 8 GB RAM - 256 GB SSD) - HP ZBook 15v G5 15" (i7-8850H - 16 GB RAM - 512 GB SSD - NVIDIA Quadro P600)

Wow...I almost bought this yesterday....got a K70 instead after trying it...and I gotta say I think I love it. Cherry reds...writing a review over the course of this week

muh specs 

Gaming and HTPC (reparations)- ASUS 1080, MSI X99A SLI Plus, 5820k- 4.5GHz @ 1.25v, asetek based 360mm AIO, RM 1000x, 16GB memory, 750D with front USB 2.0 replaced with 3.0  ports, 2 250GB 850 EVOs in Raid 0 (why not, only has games on it), some hard drives

Screens- Acer preditor XB241H (1080p, 144Hz Gsync), LG 1080p ultrawide, (all mounted) directly wired to TV in other room

Stuff- k70 with reds, steel series rival, g13, full desk covering mouse mat

All parts black

Workstation(desk)- 3770k, 970 reference, 16GB of some crucial memory, a motherboard of some kind I don't remember, Micomsoft SC-512N1-L/DVI, CM Storm Trooper (It's got a handle, can you handle that?), 240mm Asetek based AIO, Crucial M550 256GB (upgrade soon), some hard drives, disc drives, and hot swap bays

Screens- 3  ASUS VN248H-P IPS 1080p screens mounted on a stand, some old tv on the wall above it. 

Stuff- Epicgear defiant (solderless swappable switches), g600, moutned mic and other stuff. 

Laptop docking area- 2 1440p korean monitors mounted, one AHVA matte, one samsung PLS gloss (very annoying, yes). Trashy Razer blackwidow chroma...I mean like the J key doesn't click anymore. I got a model M i use on it to, but its time for a new keyboard. Some edgy Utechsmart mouse similar to g600. Hooked to laptop dock for both of my dell precision laptops. (not only docking area)

Shelf- i7-2600 non-k (has vt-d), 380t, some ASUS sandy itx board, intel quad nic. Currently hosts shared files, setting up as pfsense box in VM. Also acts as spare gaming PC with a 580 or whatever someone brings. Hooked into laptop dock area via usb switch

They actually just released a version with Blues, called (as far as I can tell) the G710 (without a plus).

I ended up getting a k70 

CPU: i7-4770k @4.8ghz---Motherboard: Asus Sabertooth z97---Ram 32gb Corsair Vengeance---GPU: 2 EVGA GTX 980 4gb way sli---Case: Corsair 600T White---Storage: 500gb 850 Pro & WD Black 4tb---PSU: Corsair RM1000

• 1 year later...

I have had this keyboard for about 2 1/2 years and none of this has happened to me. I am a relatively heavy typer and i am not noticing that much wear. the only way someone could do some thing like this they would have to rage at a game, then proceed to smash the the keyboard out of anger. Don't think that I don't bash my keyboard out of anger too. Just not that hard. And i would actually believe it or not recommend this keyboard because of its longevity.   

I had the same issue with mine , they offered me a brand new keyboard.

I wish i could oc my body, during winter overheating would be great.

I had the same issue with mine , they offered me a brand new keyboard.

When did you buy it? I got mine a couple weeks ago but no problems yet. Only paid 60 euros for it so not too bummed if it breaks though

My PC CPU: 2600K@4.5GHz 1.3v Cooler: Noctua NH-U12P SE2 MB: ASUS Maximus IV RAM: Kingston 1600MHz 8GB & Corsair 1600MHz 16GB GPU: 780Ti Storage: Samsung 850 Evo 500GB SSD, Samsung 830 256GB SSD, Kingston 128GB SSD, WD Black 1TB,WD Green 1TB. PSU: Corsair AX850 Case: CM HAF X. Optical drive: LG Bluray burner  MacBook Pro, Hackintosh

holy necro..

How do Reavers clean their spears?

|Specs in profile|

The Wheel of Time turns, and Ages come and pass, leaving memories that become legend. Legend fades to myth, and even myth is long forgotten when the Age that gave it birth comes again.

I tried a mechanical keyboard from 1STPLAYER. Though the brand is very new, I like the keyboard. I got the value for what I pay :D

When did you buy it? I got mine a couple weeks ago but no problems yet. Only paid 60 euros for it so not too bummed if it breaks though

2013 , key broke in 2014 , two days later i had a brand new keyboard at my door and was able to keep the old one for spare parts.

Note i am in france so i explained i couldn't get any keycaps for it, there is no keycaps shop in france, it's all about import.

I wish i could oc my body, during winter overheating would be great.

Wow I was thinking about buying this keyboard. Sill might get it in the future unless a new keyboard with brown switches comes up.

there are a lot of keyboards with Brown switches

See, I don't have spare keycaps. I'm not spending $50 on a set of replacements either. I shouldn't have to resort to that. They saved a nickel using lower quality plastic and in return spent thousands of dollars on RMAs from pissed off gamers who might never use their products again. I always knew Logitech's quality was mid range but I expected their products to at least not break on me.

OP, you could get a new set of keycaps which prices around $40ish at mechanicalkeyboards.com or pay $20 just for the shipping and get a whole new keyboard. heck dude, NEW.KEYBOARD.

• 6 months later...

The achy breaky key issue is still ever present.  My G710+ is less than a year old and 3 keys have broken off already (Left CTRL, Left ALT & DEL) and my ESC key is about ro break off too.

DO NOT BUY ONE OF THESE KEYBOARDS IF YOU ARE READING THIS!  This is not a couple of faults that can be RMA'd this is a major mechanical fault that is simply not being addressed.

I am going to get a new gaming keyboard and it will NOT be a G710+

DSCF1616.JPG

DSCF1619.JPG

DSCF1622.JPG

just buy some better keys or something

hello!

is it me you're looking for?

ᴾC SᴾeCS ᴰoWᴺ ᴮEᴸoW

Spoiler

Desktop: X99-PC

CPU: i7 5820k

Mobo: X99 Deluxe

Cooler: Dark Rock Pro 3

RAM: 32GB DDR4
GPU: GTX 1080

Storage: 1TB 850 Evo, 1TB HDD, bunch of external hard drives
PSU: EVGA G2 750w

Peripherals: Logitech G502, Ducky One 711

Audio: Xonar U7, O2 amplifier (RIP), HD6XX

Monitors: 4k 24" Dell monitor, 1080p 24" Asus monitor

Laptop:

-Overkill Dell XPS

Fully maxed out early 2017 Dell XPS 15, GTX 1050 4GB, 7700HQ, 1TB nvme SSD, 32GB RAM, 4k display. 97Whr battery :x 
Dell was having a $600 off sale for the fully specced out model, so I decided to get it :P

-Crapbook

Fully specced out early 2013 Macbook "pro" with gt 650m and constant 105c temperature on the CPU (GPU is 80-90C) when doing anything intensive...

A 2013 laptop with a regular sized battery still has better battery life than a 2017 laptop with a massive battery! I think this is a testament to apple's ability at making laptops, or maybe how little CPU technology has improved even 4+ years later (at least, until the recent introduction of 15W 4 core CPUs). Anyway, I'm never going to get a 35W CPU laptop again unless battery technology becomes ~5x better than as it is in 2018.

Apple knows how to make proper consumer-grade laptops (they don't know how to make pro laptops though). I guess this mostly software power efficiency related, but getting a mac makes perfect sense if you want a portable/powerful laptop that can do anything you want it to with great battery life.

On 7/10/2016 at 9:23 PM, Hoover1979 said:

The achy breaky key issue is still ever present.  My G710+ is less than a year old and 3 keys have broken off already (Left CTRL, Left ALT & DEL) and my ESC key is about ro break off too.

DO NOT BUY ONE OF THESE KEYBOARDS IF YOU ARE READING THIS!  This is not a couple of faults that can be RMA'd this is a major mechanical fault that is simply not being addressed.

I am going to get a new gaming keyboard and it will NOT be a G710+

DSCF1616.JPG

DSCF1619.JPG

DSCF1622.JPG

I have to say that is quite filthy..

I'm sorry.