Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
mono

Cheap Cherry MX Keyboards even when not on sale?

Posted · Original PosterOP

So i haven't got a mechanical keyboard because they're so expensive. But then I came across this keyboard and at first i thought there must be a catch, but no a fully backlit, fully mechanical with Cherry MX Browns. So i came to ask - anyone who's got a CM Storm Quickfire TK. Is it worth buying for 50 GBP? Because it's really inexpensive... Is the build quality good? The hybrid design seems good, because i need the numpad, but a full lenght keyboard is uncomfortable when gaming for me. So recommend buying? Or there are better options for the price?

CM Storm Quickfire are really nice keyboards. But 50 pound seems super cheap. They cost around 80€ here ~> 70 pound. I wouldn't tust that offer. Even 1-3 month delivery time seems odd.

They are superb boards for the price. Even that price is insanely low, i must say. That said, if it is advertised as £50, and that's what you pay and it's on Amazon, then i don't really see a problem. I presume the fact that it won't be dispatched for upwards of 1 month may be a contributing factor as to why it's a low price.

I'm not going to really care about my computer during the summertime, because i've got other things to do during the summer, so i wouldn't worry about the delivery time that much. Though i have to find out how much does the shipping cost to get the thing from the UK to Latvia where i live.

get the rosewill mechanical keyboards. you can get a full size mechanical keyboard for like 70 bucks. and you get the cherry mx color choice.

Fractal Design Define R4 | MSI x79a-GD45 | 3960X @ 4.6Ghz | Lots of EK Blocks | EVGA GTX780Ti 3GB | Corsair Dominator Platinum 16GB (4x4) DDR3 1866 | Samsung 840 Pro 512GB SSD | Western Digital Red 2TB x4 (Raid 10) | Corsair AX760 | Windows 7 Professional 64-bit

CM Storm Quickfire are really nice keyboards. But 50 pound seems super cheap. They cost around 80€ here ~> 70 pound. I wouldn't tust that offer. Even 1-3 month delivery time seems odd.

CM Storm are very decent keyboards [same factory as ducky] you can't go wrong with those.

Frost upon these cigarettes.... lipstick on the window pane...

get the rosewill mechanical keyboards. you can get a full size mechanical keyboard for like 70 bucks. and you get the cherry mx color choice.

I might have a slight problem with that... Shipping costs from north america plus taxes won't cheap. if i get things from the UK's amazon it's only shipping (usually around 15 GBP) and no taxes (EU)

I have one of these keyboards, feels amazingly solid and haven't had any issues yet. Got it for $49.99USD no tax not too long ago. Only downside is it's a little high, but I got a wristwrest and all is well.

edit: it's a TK, dunno, looks a little lower. I have a QuickFire Pro.