Help deciding on a new monitor

RJ2536

Well i think i'm going with the ASUS PB238Q, As stated the main use for this monitor will be gaming so hopefully it treats me well. I'm sure it will being that i've been using a 5 year old 32" Samsung HDTV as my monitor for a while now lol.

I think you'll like your monitor! Please let us know once you get it, and your first impression! :D

Thanks for this thread. I'm also looking at switching out my TN panels for IPS since I take a lot of photos. That asus sure looks good. Might them it soon.

Thanks for this thread. I'm also looking at switching out my TN panels for IPS since I take a lot of photos. That asus sure looks good. Might them it soon.

If you will be doing allot of photo editing than don't get the PB model and get the ,slightly more expensive (around $100 US extra), PA238Q model because it come from the factory color calibrated so you don't have to do it yourself.

Just found this LTT video about it

Edited by MJOLNITR VIPER

I agree. Also, it features color processor, Look Up Table, and true 8-bit panel.

Also the ASUS PA248Q is a 16:10 monitor, which might be a better choice as you have more height, which is great if do work on your computer, or edit photos, as the extra height compensates for the task bar, menus, tool bars, etc. so you don't feel crammed.

If you will be doing allot of photo editing than don't get the PB model and get the ,slightly more expensive (around $100 US extra), PA238Q model because it come from the factory color calibrated so you don't have to do it yourself.

Just found this LTT video about it

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XWVRmcjmOu8

I agree. Also, it features color processor, Look Up Table, and true 8-bit panel.

Also the ASUS PA248Q is a 16:10 monitor, which might be a better choice as you have more height, which is great if do work on your computer, or edit photos, as the extra height compensates for the task bar, menus, tool bars, etc. so you don't feel crammed.

Thanks guys, will try to get one of those. I appreciate the help. Also this multiquote button is an awesome time saver!

Thanks guys, will try to get one of those. I appreciate the help. Also this multiquote button is an awesome time saver!

No problem. Multiquote is insanely useful.

So the Monitor just came in I hooked it all up and it looks great, Huge difference in image quality. Tweaking the color settings a bit now. The overall build quality of this monitor is excellent the stand is very sturdy and is easy to turn in any direction. However one thing i do notice that im concerned about is that in the bottom left corner there is back light bleeding. It doesn't seem too bad and obviously is only visible when the screen is dark, but I'm unsure whether or not i should get a replacement for fear that it might just be worse. what do you guys think?

So the Monitor just came in I hooked it all up and it looks great, Huge difference in image quality. Tweaking the color settings a bit now. The overall build quality of this monitor is excellent the stand is very sturdy and is easy to turn in any direction. However one thing i do notice that im concerned about is that in the bottom left corner there is back light bleeding. It doesn't seem too bad and obviously is only visible when the screen is dark, but I'm unsure whether or not i should get a replacement for fear that it might just be worse. what do you guys think?

if anything call Asus and ask them what to do.  I don't have that problem on mine.

• 5 weeks later...

Hey guys, I just ordered the PA248Q. I'm excited. I'll be using it right next to my asus TN panel, until I have the money to replace that one as well. I use a dual screen setup on my Mac Pro so I will be able to make a direct comparison of the monitors. Also I ordered a usb 3.0 pci express card for the mac so I can make use of the hub on the monitor. I'm really happly geeking out here lol!

Hey guys, I just ordered the PA248Q. I'm excited. I'll be using it right next to my asus TN panel, until I have the money to replace that one as well. I use a dual screen setup on my Mac Pro so I will be able to make a direct comparison of the monitors. Also I ordered a usb 3.0 pci express card for the mac so I can make use of the hub on the monitor. I'm really happly geeking out here lol!

congrats to you on your new monitor.

congrats to you on your new monitor.

OK, just made it two monitors, so congrats on my two monitors lol. I'll probably have them by the weeks end. It's funny My mac in a few hours (selling the second monitor) will have no monitors and I'll have to user team viewer any time I want to use it until I get my new ones.

Go for Asus VG248QE

I need an IPS not TN panel. I will be doing some photography and video editing work on them. This monitor is TN.

I need an IPS not TN panel. I will be doing some photography and video editing work on them. This monitor is TN.

iF ANYTHING YOU CAN GET A PB238Q, Its not calibrated like a PA monitor but it is under 200 right now on amazon.com. 

iF ANYTHING YOU CAN GET A PB238Q, Its not calibrated like a PA monitor but it is under 200 right now on amazon.com. 

It's ok, I already ordered two of the pa248q. There's a 20$ rebate on per monitor.