Samsung SyncMaster S27A850T or Asus PB278Q

MariusJS

As the title says what should i get? I am going to play games and do some Photoshopping. And yes i want 1440p IPS/PLS for gaming, not 120hz TN/TFT

Network/Homelab build log Main PC: "Aqua Blue"  Server: 15TB+ "Blue Lightning"

3900x, 32GB RAM @3200mhz, RTX 3090, 2.5TB+ SSD Storage, 4x2560x1440 monitors

Samsung Galaxy Z Fold2 5G, +2x Note 9

It really depends on how seriously you are going to take Photoshopping. One of my jobs is a professional graphics designer and I prefer monitors which are a bit flat in colour. The justification for this is that vivid panels lose a lot of detail in darker colours, which is incredibly problematic if you're masking in Photoshop, colour grading, or working with anything dark. If you plan on taking Photoshop seriously, go for the tamer panel in colour. What it also means is that if you create something that looks great on your monitor, it will look even better on everyone else's monitors. Your monitor is how you interact with your PC, so it's important it right, so don't rush into buying something. Hope this helps.

Your monitor is how you interact with your PC' date=' so it's important [to get'] it right, so don't rush into buying something. Hope this helps.

I totally agree with CaptainSi, but both of these monitors use good panels, have usable OSDs and can be calibrated to your eye's desire. I'd simply go for the cheapest one, play around with the picture, and see how you like it. I've used multiple 27" 1440p displays including the PB278Q, and tbh I wouldn't be disappointed switching between either one. I currently use the Dell U2713HM because I don't need the colors of the U2713H. I would only warn users against the U2711 and early matte 27" IPS monitors due to the strong anti-glare coatings (which has been reduced as of late and is no longer as issue, thank God.)

the Anti-glare coating on the U2711, U3011 and U2410. Isn't as bad a sit sounds.. in fact it's marginally more aggressive than Dell latest offering. People whoa re used to glossy screen freak out. But if you are used to this =, or come form a CRT monitor, this is business as usual. Some people are way too vocal and act on what they are not used to, as the end of the world.

Good call, I just bought a couple proarts and I'm loving them, the ASUS stands are excellent.

- Silverstone TJ08B-E - Gigabyte Z87M-D3H - i7 4770k @ 4.0GHZ 1.2v - 16gb Kingston HyperX Black 1600 - Gigabyte GTX 770 OC 4GB -

- Silverstone Fortress FT02 - MSI Z77 Mpower - i5 3570k @ 4.0GHZ 1.09v - 8gb Mushkin Blackline 1600 - MSI GTX 670 PE -

- Lenovo T430 (1600x900) - i5 3210m - 8GB DDR3 1333 - nVidia NVS5400M - 256GB mSATA OS - 320GB HDD-