Sprint to introduce ‘aggressive’ pricing plans next week as new CEO attempts to shake up the industry

PillowSmoke

sprint-store1.jpg

Ask just about anyone and it’s clear the wireless industry could use a little more shaking up. While we applaud the strides T-Mobile has made in recent months, it’s time for the nation’s other major wireless providers to take the initiative instead of simply following T-Mobile’s lead. No doubt feeling the heat of T-Mobile’s explosive customer growth, Sprint could be finally ready to make some big moves of their own.

During a company “town hall meeting,” newly appointed CEO Marcelo Claure mentioned his plan to introduce a “disruptive” new wireless plan next week. Of course, that might not sound too enticing especially if you (or someone close to you) has ever had to endure Sprint’s painfully slow network. Claure knows this, acknowledging that Sprint’s network has “fallen behind” when compared to rival networks. This is the reason he feels they first need to compete with aggressive pricing if any work is to be done overhauling their network, (unlike previous CEO Dan Hesse who saw it the other way around).

With T-Mobile closing in quick on Sprint’s #3 spot, they better do something fast. Hopefully the new change in management will be exactly what the doctor ordered.

Wanna hang out with me and people like @Theslsamg, @ Ssoele, @BENTHEREN, @Lanoi, @Whiskers, @_ASSASSIN_, @Looney, @WunderWuffle, and @nsyedhasan. Well.... Check out: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/48484-unofficial-linustechtips-teamschnitzel-server-teamspeak/

What they need to do is build more damn towers..... I was on BOTH Virgin Mobile and Boost Mobile (which uses Sprints towers) and I had HORRIBLE service in my area.... After a big waste of money, I swiftly switched to AT&T and i'm a happy camper :)

Motherboard - ASUS P6X58D-E Processor - Intel i7 930 Bloomfield OC'd @ 4.01Ghz, 1.28v | RAM - 12GB Corsair Dominator @ 8-8-8-12, 1600mhz | Graphics Card - EVGA Geforce GTX660 SC 3GB @ +75mhz core, +500mhz mem | Power Supply - Seasonic X650 Gold

CPU Cooler, Fans - Corsair H-90 w/ Noctua FN14 push/pull, Gelid Wings UV Blue  | Case - Fractal Design Arc MIDI R2 |

T-Mobile seems to have revived the competition in the mobile carrier industry. Hopefully this sort of thing continues.

Motherboard: MSI Z97S Krait Edition █ CPU: Intel i7-4790K █ GPU: Nvidia Geforce GTX 780Ti █ RAM: 8GB AVEXIR DDR3 1600  █ Storage: 120GB Kingston HyperX SSD + 1TB Seagate Barracuda HDD 

█ Monitor: 21.5" 1080p 60Hz  PSU: 700w █ Case: Fractal Define R4 █       ...LTT Dark Theme master race.

Project MiniConsole

Interesting...very interesting indeed...

Well then, I'm curious to see what Sprint has planned. If this new plan of theirs is some kind of cheaper unlimited data plan, then I may just jump all over this. I may even deal with those slower speeds if I can get a "on the cheap" unlimited data plan." And by unlimited I don't mean 'X' amount of fast data and unlimited slow data after that. That's fine and all, but not what I want.

It'll be hard for Sprint to tear me away from my $30 plan on T-Mobile though. Again, I'm paying only $30 for 5GB of 4G/LTE data (with unlimited 2G data after that), unlimited texting, and only 100 minutes. I don't call people much, so the minutes isn't a big deal to me.

Sprint, give me something good.

COMIC SANS

Well then, I'm curious to see what Sprint has planned. If this new plan of theirs is some kind of cheaper unlimited data plan, then I may just jump all over this. I may even deal with those slower speeds if I can get a "on the cheap" unlimited data plan." And by unlimited I don't mean 'X' amount of fast data and unlimited slow data after that. That's fine and all, but not what I want.

It'll be hard for Sprint to tear me away from my $30 plan on T-Mobile though. Again, I'm paying only $30 for 5GB of 4G/LTE data (with unlimited 2G data after that), unlimited texting, and only 100 minutes. I don't call people much, so the minutes isn't a big deal to me.

Do you have rollover for the minutes?

Competition is always good, but I'll probably stick with AT&T unless Sprint suddenly decides to replace their archaic CDMA network with GSM, which I don't see happening any time soon.

Ignis (Primary rig)
CPU
 i7-4770K                               Displays Dell U2312HM + 2x Asus VH236H
MB ASRock Z87M Extreme4      Keyboard Rosewill K85 RGB BR
RAM G.Skill Ripjaws X 16GB      Mouse Razer DeathAdder
GPU XFX RX 5700XT                    Headset V-Moda Crossfade LP2
PSU Lepa G1600
Case Corsair 350D
Cooling Corsair H90             
Storage PNY CS900 120GB (OS) + WD Blue 1TB

Server 01Alpha                                       Server 01Beta                            Chaos Box (Loaner Rig)                Router (pfSense)
CPU
 Xeon X5650                                      CPU 2x Xeon E5520                    CPU Xeon E3-1240V2                     CPU Xeon E3-1246V3
MB Asus P6T WS Pro                               MB EVGA SR-2                             MB ASRock H61MV-ITX                 MB ASRock H81 Pro BTC
RAM Kingston unbuffered ECC 24GB  RAM G.Skill Ripjaws 16GB         RAM Random Ebay RAM 12GB    RAM G.Skill Ripjaws 8GB
GPU XFX R5 220                                       GPU EVGA GTX 580 SC               GPU Gigabyte R9 295x2                GPU integrated
PSU Corsair CX430M                               PSU Corsair AX1200                   PSU Corsair GS700                         PSU Antec EA-380D
Case Norco RPC-450B 4U                      Case Rosewill  RSV-L4000C        Case Modified Bitfenix Prodigy   Case Norco RPC-250 2U
Cooling Noctua NH-U9S                        Cooling 2x CM Hyper 212 Evo  Cooling EVGA CLC 120mm           Cooling stock
Storage PNY CS900 120GB (OS)           Storage null                                 Storage PNY CS900 120GB (OS)  Storage Fujitsu 150GB HDD
               8x WD Red 1TB in Raid 6                                                                                WD Black 1TB    
               WD Green 2TB

Do you have rollover for the minutes?

I unfortunately do not. That would be amazing if I did. I was banking on getting unlimited minutes by doing this Google Voice +Tap-A-Talk thing, but that no longer works.

COMIC SANS

I unfortunately do not. That would be amazing if I did. I was banking on getting unlimited minutes by doing this Google Voice +Tap-A-Talk thing, but that no longer works.

Aww, that would have been the best.

Watch as they still continue the trend of shitty data caps at absurd price tags.

What combination of packages did you use to get the price that low? I just recently switched to T-Mobile and the plan that you're on sounds perfect for me.

Motherboard: MSI Z97S Krait Edition █ CPU: Intel i7-4790K █ GPU: Nvidia Geforce GTX 780Ti █ RAM: 8GB AVEXIR DDR3 1600  █ Storage: 120GB Kingston HyperX SSD + 1TB Seagate Barracuda HDD 

█ Monitor: 21.5" 1080p 60Hz  PSU: 700w █ Case: Fractal Define R4 █       ...LTT Dark Theme master race.

Project MiniConsole

What combination of packages did you use to get the price that low? I just recently switched to T-Mobile and the plan that you're on sounds perfect for me.

It's a prepaid plan that you can only get at Walmart (online) or on Amazon.

http://www.walmart.com/ip/T-Mobile-Micro-SIM-Activation-Kit/24099996

http://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/d/B00DFSORCQ/ref=mp_s_a_1_1?qid=1408101113&sr=8-1

COMIC SANS