Would you buy a high end sound card?

mythicalbeast

You kids are hilarious...

i7 7700k @ 4.9ghz | Asus Maximus IX Hero | G.skill 32gb @ 3200 | Gtx 1080 classified | In win 909 | Samsung 960 pro 1tb | WD caviar blue 1tb x3 | Dell u3417w | Corsair H115i | Ducky premier dk9008p (mx reds) | Logitech g900 | Sennheiser hd 800s w/ hdvd 800 | Audioengine a5+ w/ s8

I knew it,  it was hard to count with all that wool pulled over my eyes.

What are you doing wearing a woolen hat in Oz anyway?  

What are you doing wearing a woolen hat in Oz anyway?  

we're only just out of winter down here.  Still only max of 14oC during the day.  

Grammar and spelling is not indicative of intelligence/knowledge.  Not having the same opinion does not always mean lack of understanding.  

we're only just out of winter down here.  Still only max of 14oC during the day.  

During our spring we average 20-25.

During our spring we average 20-25.

but you live in the desert, I'm only 5000K from Antarctica.

Grammar and spelling is not indicative of intelligence/knowledge.  Not having the same opinion does not always mean lack of understanding.  

but you live in the desert, I'm only 5000K from Antarctica.

Solid point, enjoying the rain? 

Yes. if it has high quality components that is on-par with external ones. Sound cards usually have better I/O. I'm also not a fan of table clutter and also would prefer to not saturate the USB data stream even more.

Main PC:
CPU: 3700x Motherboard: X570  RAM: 2x16GB 3600Mhz GPU: RTX 3080 Case: Corsair 4000D Air Storage: 1TB NVMe 2x250GB SSD RAID 0 2TB HDD PSU: 1000W Gold Display: Acer X34A Peripherals: Corsair K95 RGB Red, Razer Viper Ultimate

Laptop:
Lenovo Thinkbook 13s  CPU: i5-8265U RAM: 8GB  Storage: 256GB SSD Display: Dell P2414H Peripherals: CMStorm Quickfire TK Brown, Razer Atheris 

Audio:
Beyerdynamic DT770 Pro 250 Ohm, FiiO E11, Stoner Acoustics UD100, Shure SE-215, Logitech Z906, Mission 731, Altec Lansing ADA-885, xDuoo UA-05, AKG K7XX,FiiO X3, FiiO K3

Just a moderate end one. Heaps better than onboard but I am not snobby enough to want to pay double for a slight improvement.  

Calling others kids to be condescending... How mature.

Just let him be bent. Calling him out will start another fight and the people that really understand audio will get more warning points again. 

Just let him be bent. Calling him out will start another fight and the people that really understand audio will get more warning points again. 

You get warning points for arguing with people? lol.

But yea, good point, just annoys me sometimes when people start calling people kids and they are like, 17.

But yea, good point, just annoys me sometimes when people start calling people kids and they are like, 17.

We get points because we get points. Half the mods/admins hate us. 

We get points because we get points. Half the mods/admins hate us. 

Wait, when was the last time you got warning points? I've never got one, despite my efforts :huh:

Wait, when was the last time you got warning points? I've never got one, despite my efforts :huh:

Its been awhile, but it lasted about a month past Linus's videos. 

I miss those days, every other thread was a bitch fight, and I got censored for language or insults. 

Its been awhile, but it lasted about a month past Linus's videos. 

I miss those days, every other thread was a bitch fight, and I got censored for language or insults. 

Which videos, I wanna go back and read threads for entertainment.

Which videos, I wanna go back and read threads for entertainment.

The ones with Tylers O2, and the Logan audio myths. Let me get you a like to the best ones.

http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/89813-tek-syndicate-audio-myths-with-mayflowerelectronics/?hl=audio+myths

http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/173759-logan-at-it-again/?hl=audio+myths#entry2308061 

You get annoyed rather easy then, don't you? Maybe you should get your tip wet.

i7 7700k @ 4.9ghz | Asus Maximus IX Hero | G.skill 32gb @ 3200 | Gtx 1080 classified | In win 909 | Samsung 960 pro 1tb | WD caviar blue 1tb x3 | Dell u3417w | Corsair H115i | Ducky premier dk9008p (mx reds) | Logitech g900 | Sennheiser hd 800s w/ hdvd 800 | Audioengine a5+ w/ s8

The onboard audio on my PC is good enough. I was able to test a high end sound card, but I couldn't tell a difference. I care more about the headphones.

Intel 4790k | Asus Z97 Maximus VII Impact | Corsair Vengeance Pro Series 16 GB 1866Mhz | Asus Strix GTX 980 | CoolerMaster G550 |Samsung Evo 250GB | Synology DS215j (NAS) | Logitech G502 |

Technically, you are still a kid if you are under 18, at least in the US of Eh.

Technically, you are still a kid if you are under 18, at least in the US of Eh.

I mean 17 year olds calling others kids because they think they are all grown up

I mean 17 year olds calling others kids because they think they are all grown up

I see. Good point.

Nope, they never really have a good audio input, and as such I'd rather pick up a mixer/audio interface with a nice input for an analogue mic and still ahve a good audio output.

Normandy - Intel Core i5 3470, 8 GB Corsair Vengenace LP, EVGA GTX 960 SSC, Gigabyte GA-Z77M-D3H-MVP, WD Blue 1 TB, Seagate 320 GB (steam), Seagate 320 GB (experimental, second OS, etc), Windows 8.1 + Ubuntu 14.10

Garrus - HP Stream 11

Why would I buy a high end soundcard? I'd just get an external dac and amp...

Well said. Lots of ignorance in this thread...