?Creating my own?

DaGameFace

Alright, so I want to make my own mouse with a keypad on top (original forum post here)
ANYWAY I found out that there is a chip called the pro micro that allows you to custom make a usb device and saw this tutorial on someone making his own keypad

What I want to do is add THIS:

{

Left click

Right click

Scroll wheel

Positioning device (laser, optic or even a ball sensor)

Number pad

}

to the pro mini mentioned before

now have serveral problems from here

1 Finding parts (don't know where to get stand alone driverless versions of these things epically the scroll wheel and positioning device)  NEED HELP SOURCING THESE

2 Writing drivers for them (this i should be able to do myself after seeing the code for them in the earlier mentioned tutorial)

3 Making a shell to hold them (on second though i  have access to a 3d printer/scanner and know how to use CAD i should be fine)

4 Pro Mini vs Pro Micro NEED HELP HERE

So this post was really just here to ask for any help with these minor setbacks and as a heads up that I am still pursuing the idea of actually build this mouse

and as always any help you are willing to give would be greatly appreciated

Edit

On second thought there is another problem i might have

5 Specifcally the positioning device (this guy messed around with an optic sensor but not sure how to use it as a mouse) NEED HELP HERE

Found out that mouser.com sells many standalone parts but didnt see any buttons or scroll wheels just the optic and laser sensors maybe i just missed em

This is fairly hard to do because you need to find an arduino compatible laser or optical sensor which really doesn't exist at the moment. I have tried to make my own but to no avail. The only thing i can come up with is to destroy something like the logitech g600 and just rewire the buttons to something you like. It wouldn't be overly hard because you are just messing with what switches you are using, but it isn't exactly what you are looking for. If you were to use an arduino processor than i would go Micro, it just has more versatility. 

Alright, so I want to make my own mouse with a keypad on top (original forum post here)

ANYWAY I found out that there is a chip called the pro micro that allows you to custom make a usb device and saw this tutorial on someone making his own keypad

What I want to do is add THIS:

{

Left click

Right click

Scroll wheel

Positioning device (laser, optic or even a ball sensor)

Number pad

}

to the pro mini mentioned before

now have serveral problems from here

1 Finding parts (don't know where to get stand alone driverless versions of these things epically the scroll wheel and positioning device)  NEED HELP SOURCING THESE

2 Writing drivers for them (this i should be able to do myself after seeing the code for them in the earlier mentioned tutorial)

3 Making a shell to hold them (on second though i  have access to a 3d printer/scanner and know how to use CAD i should be fine)

4 Pro Mini vs Pro Micro NEED HELP HERE

So this post was really just here to ask for any help with these minor setbacks and as a heads up that I am still pursuing the idea of actually build this mouse

and as always any help you are willing to give would be greatly appreciated

Edit

On second thought there is another problem i might have

5 Specifcally the positioning device (this guy messed around with an optic sensor but not sure how to use it as a mouse) NEED HELP HERE

Found out that mouser.com sells many standalone parts but didnt see any buttons or scroll wheels just the optic and laser sensors maybe i just missed em

This is fairly hard to do because you need to find an arduino compatible laser or optical sensor which really doesn't exist at the moment (You can kinda hack and slash a normal optical sensor but it is REALLY hard). I have tried to make my own but to no avail. The only thing i can come up with is to destroy something like the logitech g600 and just rewire the buttons to something you like. It wouldn't be overly hard because you are just messing with what switches you are using, but it isn't exactly what you are looking for. If you were to use an arduino processor than i would go Micro, it just has more versatility. 

This is fairly hard to do because you need to find an arduino compatible laser or optical sensor which really doesn't exist at the moment (You can kinda hack and slash a normal optical sensor but it is REALLY hard). I have tried to make my own but to no avail. The only thing i can come up with is to destroy something like the logitech g600 and just rewire the buttons to something you like. It wouldn't be overly hard because you are just messing with what switches you are using, but it isn't exactly what you are looking for. If you were to use an arduino processor than i would go Micro, it just has more versatility. 

um just by googling arduino compatible laser i found serveral such as this

but then i do not know anything about them so i wouldnt know if that is actually useable or not

EDIT

Found this guy using a scroll wheel on his promini so thats promising