[SOLVED] Rogue Icon in Launch Bar of HTC One M7 Lock Screen

Go to solution Solved by Nineshadow,

Have you changed icons?

Nvm,of course you did.

That icon is the stock icon for any Android app,unless it's specified to use another icon in the app's code or it fails to load the icon.

Change back to the stock launcher for a sec and see what's Chrome's icon.

Wait,it doesn't launch anything?Well,then it's not Chrome.Change it in the stock launcher.

Preface: I'm a bit of a noob when it comes to customizing Android

So basically this icon (which is supposed to be Chrome) just appeared within the last day or so, and I don't know how to fix it.

See 3rd icon in Launch Bar (Android figure with a box). It doesn't launch anything, either.

How do I get rid of it and get Chrome back there? For reference, I'm using Nova Launcher Prime for my home screen but HTC's stock lock screen.

The Launch bar is as follows: Phone, Messages, Chrome, HTC Camera

Any help is appreciated.

Screenshot_2014-08-11-16-18-05.pngScreenshot_2014-08-11-16-21-37.png

GW2: Vettexl.9726

Have you changed icons?

Nvm,of course you did.

That icon is the stock icon for any Android app,unless it's specified to use another icon in the app's code or it fails to load the icon.

Wait,it doesn't launch anything?Well,then it's not Chrome.Change it in the stock launcher.

i5 4670k @ 4.2GHz (Coolermaster Hyper 212 Evo); ASrock Z87 EXTREME4; 8GB Kingston HyperX Beast DDR3 RAM @ 2133MHz; Asus DirectCU GTX 560; Super Flower Golden King 550 Platinum PSU;1TB Seagate Barracuda;Corsair 200r case. 

Have you changed icons?

Nvm,of course you did.

I disabled Nova Launcher and switched back to the stock launcher. There was nothing in the third slot, so I re-added Chrome and it works now. :) Re-enabled Nova Launcher and all is well.

Thank you!

EDIT: I feel a bit stupid now for not thinking of that, but I didn't know it'd cause any issues. Good to go now! :)

Edited by Vettexl

GW2: Vettexl.9726