What can you do with a broken motherboard?

So I have a broken MSI P67a-gd53 mobo that doesn't post or anything because I dropped my pc like last year and it never worked after that so I just went and got a z77 board.What can I do with it?

2500k 4.0ghz,GTX 1070 oc,MSI Z77A-GD55,G.SKILL Ripjaws(4 x 2GB)DDR3 1333,OCZ Arc 100 240gb,Samsung Spinpoint F3 1TB,Corsair TX 750w v1,CoolerMaster HAF 912,Hyper 212 EVO

Use it as a weapon. Perhaps a shield. Solder a handle on it.

"It pays to keep an open mind, but not so open your brain falls out." - Carl Sagan.

"I can explain it to you, but I can't understand it for you" - Edward I. Koch

Would it be good for parts some how?

2500k 4.0ghz,GTX 1070 oc,MSI Z77A-GD55,G.SKILL Ripjaws(4 x 2GB)DDR3 1333,OCZ Arc 100 240gb,Samsung Spinpoint F3 1TB,Corsair TX 750w v1,CoolerMaster HAF 912,Hyper 212 EVO

Blend it cause i think this can be blend. jk

You could probably get some of the parts but I don't think it will be useful for your future builds

Hello and Welcome to LTT Forum!

If you are a new member, please read the rules located in "Forum News and Info". Thanks!  :)

Linus Tech Tips Forum Code of Conduct           FAQ           Privacy Policy & Legal Disclaimer

Zombie shield ;)

| CPU: INTEL i5 6600k @ 4.6Ghz @ 1.328v | Motherboard: ASUS Z170-AR | Ram: G.SKILL 2x8GB 2400Mhz | CPU Cooler : Corsair H100i V2

| GPU: GIGABYTE GTX980Ti G1 GAMING | SSD: SAMSUNG 840 EVO 250GB  Storage: WD 1TB GREEN | OS: Windows 10 Pro 64bit | PSU: FSP 650W AURUM S |

<<<<< BLK-Phant0m >>>>>

I would put it on the wall.

System: CPU: 4670k | Mobo: Gigabyte Z87MX D3H | RAM: 8gb 1600Mhz | Case:Corsair 350D | PSU: Corsair CX430, to be upgraded soon | GPU: HD4600, to be upgraded soon

Dogecoin: D787N1VP3JaK3wmKehWhqGXBvspZpQ4YFV

Sooo if u want fun. Put it in your bathroom and first wash it, your motherboad will be happy. then take your sledgahmmer and Hit it as hard as you can. or you hang it at your wall or you throw it at a child that's just driving a bicycle( aim for the head). Or just do extreme tests. See on how much °C it starts melting. or if you can Freeze it

install a CPU and heatsink to it the Kentucky way.

Actually, there's no problem with washing off your motherboard, as long as it's thoroughly dry before you turn it on. Water is conductive, so getting water on it while powered up is bad, but there's not usually anything on the board that is soluble, or otherwise damaged merely ny the presence of water.

A sieve may not hold water, but it will hold another sieve.

i5-6600, 16Gigs, ITX Corsair 250D, R9 390, 120Gig M.2 boot, 500Gig SATA SSD, no HDD

Actually, there's no problem with washing off your motherboard, as long as it's thoroughly dry before you turn it on. Water is conductive, so getting water on it while powered up is bad, but there's not usually anything on the board that is soluble, or otherwise damaged merely ny the presence of water.

Water is not conductive. It's when minerals get into it that makes it conductive. Pure water can touch electronics.

"It pays to keep an open mind, but not so open your brain falls out." - Carl Sagan.

Water is not conductive. It's when minerals get into it that makes it conductive. Pure water can touch electronics.

Details, details. :)

Just make sure the cola you spill on it uses distilled water. :)

A sieve may not hold water, but it will hold another sieve.

i5-6600, 16Gigs, ITX Corsair 250D, R9 390, 120Gig M.2 boot, 500Gig SATA SSD, no HDD

Details, details. :)

Just make sure the cola you spill on it uses distilled water. :)

I wouldn't have soda anywhere near a motherboard. Motherboard will get sticky, and (if it's sugared) I don't think sugar will be too nice on a motherboard.

should I bake it in the oven?

You could try because its already broken. But I would recommend baking it in an oven where you won't be cooking food in because this can create hazardous fumes. I think you should remove the CMOS battery before baking it.

If you are a new member, please read the rules located in "Forum News and Info". Thanks!  :)

Linus Tech Tips Forum Code of Conduct           FAQ           Privacy Policy & Legal Disclaimer

Motherboard for dinner. Hopefully you serve it with barbecue sauce. Motherboards can be bland.

would the bios chip be worth anything?

would the bios chip be worth anything?

You could possibly sell it to people but you won't earn much from it. Sites like ebay sell bios chips for around $15 CAD new.

Yeah id nail it to the wall also :)

Akula  | Dimastech Test Bench | Watercooled | Tri GTX 680's | Build of the Week

Mercury | Caselabs Mercury S3 | Watercooled | GTX Titan | Build of the Week

Armada | Define R4 Titanium | Watercooled | EK Waterblocks | Newest Buildlog

Send is to a recycling company for proper disposal.

A water-cooled mid-tier gaming PC.

Throw it in the bin or do what Carey Holzman does with failed parts and shoot them lol

DESKTOP - Motherboard - Gigabyte GA-Z77X-D3H Processor - Intel Core i5-2500K @ Stock 1.135v Cooling - Cooler Master Hyper TX3 RAM - Kingston Hyper-X Fury White 4x4GB DDR3-1866 Graphics Card - MSI GeForce GTX 780 Lightning PSU - Seasonic M12II EVO Edition 850w  HDD -  WD Caviar  Blue 500GB (Boot Drive)  /  WD Scorpio Black 750GB (Games Storage) / WD Green 2TB (Main Storage) Case - Cooler Master 335U Elite OS - Microsoft Windows 7 Ultimate