The USA Vs. GTR Nuff Said

ddbtkd456

Over rated car, no soul, annoying following, far from perfect.

This. It's a good car, but it lacks passion, it's like a sterilized instrument. 

Engine - Handmade

Suspension - Gamers Inteference

Transmission - Handmade.

How does it have no soul?

If you've previously won the build off please pm me so we can get something worked out.

Corvette ZR1.

Project Insomnia

CPU: Intel i5 4670K @ 4.6 GHz.   CPU Cooler: NZXT Kraken x40   Motherboard: ASRock Z97 Extreme6   Memory: Corsair Vengeance 8Gb.   Graphics Card: EVGA SC Geforce GTX 780 Ti   Power Supply: EVGA G2 850W   Case: NZXT H440

Another car thread, why can't we just discus parts of the car and not do the whole AMD vs Intel thing but with cars. 

Spoiler

Corsair 400C- Intel i7 6700- Gigabyte Gaming 6- GTX 1080 Founders Ed. - Intel 530 120GB + 2xWD 1TB + Adata 610 256GB- 16GB 2400MHz G.Skill- Evga G2 650 PSU- Corsair H110- ASUS PB278Q- Dell u2412m- Logitech G710+ - Logitech g700 - Sennheiser PC350 SE/598se

Is it just me or is Grammar slowly becoming extinct on LTT? 

I can't hear you over the Suzuki Alto's revving!

No seriously, I stopped looking at the GT-R (formerly Skyline) after the R34...

This. It's a good car, but it lacks passion, it's like a sterilized instrument. 

It has no outstanding aspect to it. There's nothing to it that can really make it fun. Muscle cars are fun because it's raw power with little ability to control. Super cars are stupidly insane amounts of power that go around tracks like no tomorrow, are built to look like the want to because with their price tag they can, and innovate on some strange technology. 918 Spider, Veyron for examples.

Engine - Handmade

Suspension - Gamers Inteference

Transmission - Handmade.

How does it have no soul?

No heritage. Just because someone makes it themselves doesn't make it have a soul. Corvettes, Camaros, Mustangs, Chargers, Challengers, etc. Those have a history behind them. People took stock cars and threw bigger engines in them, super and turbo charged them. The people back when those cars came out changed the world for cars by jacking up horsepower for fun. Super car makers took already expensive cars and made them beyond luxurious, fast, and handle perfectly. Innovating on technology which was passed down to other vehicles throughout the years. What has the GTR brought? An annoying following that love to rice cars with no heritage.

Another car thread, why can't we just discus parts of the car and not do the whole AMD vs Intel thing but with cars. 

Because the GTR cult is annoying? :lol:

Corvette ZR1.

If you've previously won the build off please pm me so we can get something worked out.

It has no outstanding aspect to it. There's nothing to it that can really make it fun. Muscle cars are fun because it's raw power with little ability to control. Super cars are stupidly insane amounts of power that go around tracks like no tomorrow, are built to look like the want to because with their price tag they can, and innovate on some strange technology. 918 Spider, Veyron for examples.

No heritage. Just because someone makes it themselves doesn't make it have a soul. Corvettes, Camaros, Mustangs, Chargers, Challengers, etc. Those have a history behind them. People took stock cars and threw bigger engines in them, super and turbo charged them. The people back when those cars came out changed the world for cars by jacking up horsepower for fun. Super car makers took already expensive cars and made them beyond luxurious, fast, and handle perfectly. Innovating on technology which was passed down to other vehicles throughout the years. What has the GTR brought? An annoying following that love to rice cars with no heritage.

Because the GTR cult is annoying? :lol:

Well I agree it doesn't have the hertige that American muscles have however the skyline has been around for many many years. As for the guy complaining about this thread....don't read it theres an idea....

-snip-

-snip-

Look up the Skyline... It goes back (around the 70s)... And yes, there is a muscle version of the Skyline... Same with the Fairlady...

Look up the Skyline... It goes back (around the 70s)... And yes, there is a muscle version of the Skyline... Same with the Fairlady...

Thank you....just cause people want to hate on imports, I love American muscles as well...just think Nissan built a flagship car. Being as a 70 dodge charger is my favorite car next to a 14 gtr.

Thank you....just cause people want to hate on imports, I love American muscles as well...just think Nissan built a flagship car.

I just want the more efficient Japanese engines and the manual transmission... (No I don't mean the sports cars, I mean the sedans)...

I just want the more efficient Japanese engines and the manual transmission... (No I don't mean the sports cars, I mean the sedans)...

Yep....which is why the only grip I have about the new gtr...its automatic.

The reason I mention the GTR has no soul is because it's all science and precision. There isn't passion or pantomime, it's 100% business. That doesn't mean it's a bad car, it's an engineer's dream. I'm just saying it has no heart, it's a machine, a tool. (my fav car is the Nissan Silvia S15 so it's not a bashing on imports and this is specifically for the Nissan GTR and NOT Skylines of past)

This is what I would call passion:

acr-front.jpg

The reason I mention the GTR has no soul is because it's all science and precision. There isn't passion or pantomime, it's 100% business. That doesn't mean it's a bad car, it's an engineer's dream. I'm just saying it has no heart, it's a machine, a tool.

This is what I would call passion:

acr-front.jpg

Yes it is a beautiful car...however if you want passion go with a dodge charger....however you want class and speed go with a gtr...its a users perference personally I want a 70's dodge charge with the onboard computer of a gtr along with suspension and the interior of a 2014 dodge charger customized....but it won't happen cause the wheel bases are all screwed up.

Yes it is a beautiful car...however if you want passion go with a dodge charger....however you want class and speed go with a gtr...its a users perference personally I want a 70's dodge charge with the onboard computer of a gtr along with suspension and the interior of a 2014 dodge charger customized....but it won't happen cause the wheel bases are all screwed up.

What happened to having skill and knowing how your car handles and reacts to the road? You don't need computers to drive fast and go around corners for you.

well, we have the lambo gallardo superlagerra which is loud as a gunshot right next to you but i love the veyron it was my faveourite car and it still is

My Setup :P

Spoiler

Skylake: I7-6700|MSI B150 GAMING M3|16GB GSKILL RIPJAWS V|R9 280X (WILL BE 1070)|CRUCIAL MX300 + WD BLACK 1TB

What happened to having skill and knowing how your car handles and reacts to the road? You don't need computers to drive fast and go around corners for you.

you can say that again i have my own kart, no fancy electronics on there

My Setup :P

Spoiler

Skylake: I7-6700|MSI B150 GAMING M3|16GB GSKILL RIPJAWS V|R9 280X (WILL BE 1070)|CRUCIAL MX300 + WD BLACK 1TB

you can say that again i have my own kart, no fancy electronics on there

I'm fine with ABS and some form of TCS, but everything that the GTR has... no....

I'm fine with ABS and some form of TCS, but everything that the GTR has... no....

Hmm...maybe its a consumer car that is suppose to be more? I have no idea...doesn't make it a bad car tho...

Hmm...maybe its a consumer car that is suppose to be more? I have no idea...doesn't make it a bad car tho...

It's too easy and there's no feelings that come off of it. I look at a Jeep Wrangler and I see more love for it than a GTR.

All it does is say "I go fast! I can turn! Woohoo!"

But nothing else.

Corvette ZR1.

$90000 vs $140000 

gtr is also a bit more of a race car and not made of plastic like the Vette c:

It's too easy and there's no feelings that come off of it. I look at a Jeep Wrangler and I see more love for it than a GTR.

All it does is say "I go fast! I can turn! Woohoo!"

But nothing else.

Here's the thing tho...that is your opinion...which is fine...but in my opinion....the gtr...is a perfect car....if it doesn't have a soul....then so be it...right or wrong its my opinion.

Here's the thing tho...that is your opinion...which is fine...but in my opinion....the gtr...is a perfect car....if it doesn't have a soul....then so be it...right or wrong its my opinion.

If that's the case then "'Nuff said" in the title doesn't apply here.