Left Earphone Problem

HirtheryDurthery
Go to solution Solved by DigitalHermit,

It is the first time, its just when I looked it up people seemed to always have their left earbud break. I get interested in stuff like this. Sorry.

Well, it's usually the left earbud with the shorter cable in asymmetric pairs... But that's just a theory...

Hello, I was wondering why problems on earphones are usually on the left earbud for earphones. So I use these random cheap headphones probably around $15 (I am not soundophile). So one day when I put them on the left earbud did not seem to let out any noise when in my ear in a bad angle while the right one did. It sort of made a crackly noise as I attempted to put them into a better angle. This problem did not exist on the right earbud, it just was a bit quieter when in bad angle but not completely quiet and no crackling noises. So anyways I looked into it to wonder what could have caused it and most of the problems I found with earphones seemed to be with the left earbud for some reason. I created this Topic to ask if anyone knew why it was always the left ear and maybe what would cause this. Thanks.

@HirtheryDurthery

Might be a defective pair or a worn cable...

Have you tried different soruces?

Also can you specify the brand and how old your pair is?

The wire is probably broken and it isn't worth fixing it. Get another pair.

P.S. It's audiophile.

CPU: Intel i5 4570 | Cooler: Cooler Master TPC 812 | Motherboard: ASUS H87M-PRO | RAM: G.Skill 16GB (4x4GB) @ 1600MHZ | Storage: OCZ ARC 100 480GB, WD Caviar Black 2TB, Caviar Blue 1TB | GPU: Gigabyte GTX 970 | ODD: ASUS BC-12D2HT BR Reader | PSU: Cooler Master V650 | Display: LG IPS234 | Keyboard: Logitech G710+ | Mouse: Logitech G602 | Audio: Logitech Z506 & Audio Technica M50X | My machine: https://nz.pcpartpicker.com/b/JoJ

If you're buying earphones buy ones with a a flat cable I had earbuds braking all the time until I bought skullcandy earbuds with a flat wire

MY RIG | AMD FX-8320 | COOLER MASTER HYPER 212 EVO | ASUS M5A97 R2.0 | CRUCIAL BALLISTIX SPORT 8GB DDR3-1600MHz | WD CAVIAR BLUE 1TB | ASUS RADEON R9 280 3GB DIRECTCU II | CORSAIR 300R | CORSAIR CX 600W 80+ BRONZE | 1x COOLER MASTER SICKLEFLOW 120mm | WINDOWS 7 ULTIMATE 64-BIT | DELL S2240M 21.5' 1080p <p> | G602 | G710+ MOBILE| ONEPLUS ONE 64GB RUNNING OXYGENOS  | NEXUS 4 16GB RUNNING LOLLIPOP | NEXUS 7 2013 32GB RUNNING LOLLIPOP

@HirtheryDurthery

Might be a defective pair or a worn cable...

Have you tried different soruces?

Also can you specify the brand and how old your pair is?

The brand is Audiotechnica and its about 2 weeks old.

The brand is Audiotechnica and its about 2 weeks old.

Try a different audio source, then play something with a different left and right signal, then play something with similar left and right signal and listen for differences...

If it's like this, I think you can still return it (not all brands do this...)

Try a different audio source, then play something with a different left and right signal, then play something with similar left and right signal and listen for differences...

If it's like this, I think you can still return it (not all brands do this...)

Alright, I'll try. And I have tried different audio sources. Same thing happens.

Alright, I'll try. And I have tried different audio sources. Same thing happens.

It could also be your player...

I have a Creative Muvo (the nomad version) and it's an earphone killer... KIlled 2 pairs of earphones by taking out the drivers gradually (over a course of 500 hours per pair)...

It could also be your player...

I have a Creative Muvo (the nomad version) and it's an earphone killer... KIlled 2 pairs of earphones by taking out the drivers gradually (over a course of 500 hours per pair)...

Would that sort of thing happen over a short amount of time? I did not use them over 30 hours.

Would that sort of thing happen over a short amount of time? I did not use them over 30 hours.

Not normally... My Muvo is old (more than 10 years and it's still not dead)...

I'd return it if possible...

P.S.

The return policy in my country sucks balls so I test products in the shop before I walk away with it...

Not normally... My Muvo is old (more than 10 years and it's still not dead)...

I'd return it if possible...

P.S.

The return policy in my country sucks balls so I test products in the shop before I walk away with it...

They were not a very expensive pair so I didn't really think of doing much like that. I am currently in Japan on holiday and I got them here. I have no idea what the return policy is like here.

They were not a very expensive pair so I didn't really think of doing much like that. I am currently in Japan on holiday and I got them here. I have no idea what the return policy is like here.

If you're looking for something cheap and durable, I recommend something from Philips... Their cheapest pair of earbuds lasted around 4 years (with proper care) with me (before I sold them off)...

The audio profiles between models are pretty similar with a noticeable bass and slightly emphasized mids and highs... They might come off as bright-sounding, but it's nothing that a software eq can't fix...

If you're looking for something cheap and durable, I recommend something from Philips... Their cheapest pair of earbuds lasted around 4 years (with proper care) with me (before I sold them off)...

The audio profiles between models are pretty similar with a noticeable bass and slightly emphasized mids and highs... They might come off as bright-sounding, but it's nothing that a software eq can't fix...

Alright, I'll look into them, thanks.

Anyone actually know why problems usually happen on the left ear?

How many times has this happened to you?

How many times has this happened to you?

It is the first time, its just when I looked it up people seemed to always have their left earbud break. I get interested in stuff like this. Sorry.

Well, it's usually the left earbud with the shorter cable in asymmetric pairs... But that's just a theory...