Are you for/against the US strikes against IS in Iraq?

Sammael

Feel free to chime in on why.

I am impelled not to squeak like a grateful and frightened mouse, but to roar...

no but i am against arming kurdish forces nobody gives a fuck but those weapons come back to turkish borders and used against turkish forces.

mY sYsTeM iS Not pErfoRmInG aS gOOd As I sAW oN yOuTuBe. WhA t IS a GoOd FaN CuRVe??!!? wHat aRe tEh GoOd OvERclok SeTTinGS FoR My CaRd??  HoW CaN I foRcE my GpU to uSe 1o0%? BuT WiLL i HaVE Bo0tllEnEcKs? RyZEN dOeS NoT peRfORm BetTer wItH HiGhER sPEED RaM!!dId i WiN teH SiLiCON LotTerrYyOu ShoUlD dEsHrOuD uR GPUmy SYstEm iS UNDerPerforMiNg iN WarzONEcan mY Pc Run WiNdOwS 11 ?woUld BaKInG MY GRaPHics card fIX it? MultimETeR TeSTiNG!! aMd'S GpU DrIvErS aRe as goOD aS NviDia's YOU SHoUlD oVERCloCk yOUR ramS To 5000C18

The US is the most corrupt country in the world they attack like if it were a game

Planned I Hope Someday I Do First Build: CPU: Intel Core i7 5820k CPU Cooler: CM Hyper 212 EVO Mobo: MSI X99S SLI PLUS RAM: Corsair Vengeance LPX 16GB (4x4GB) DDR4-2133Mhz Storage: Corsair Force LS 240GB SSD & 2TB WD Green Graphics Card: ASUS GTX 970 4GB Turbo Case: NZXT S340 White PSU: EVGA SuperNOVA NEX 750W 80+ OS: Windows 8.1 64-bit OEM Monitor: AOC i2267Fw 60Hz 22" Monitor

Definitely against, our economy isn't made to sustain another major military engagement.... 

c8ozets.gif

Like serious.... SERIOUSLY 17k Dow then boom fear mongering along with the Ukraine crisis... back at 16.5k Dow.

We've had great growth last year but this year overall economic growth hasn't been good even with the unemployment rate going down so much.

<Stock Trader. 

Like watching Anime? Consider joining the unofficial LTT Anime Club Heaven Society~ ^.^

I think opening discussion about serious geopolitical issues on a forum where users have little to no experience with geopolitics is irresponsible

INTEL CORE I5 4670K | NVIDIA GTX 980 | NOCTUA NH-L9i | GIGABYTE GA-Z97X-SLI | KINGSTON 120GB V300

CM STORM QUICKFIRE TK | BENQ XL2420TE | ROCCAT SAVU | FRACTAL DEFINE R4

I think opening discussion about serious geopolitical issues on a forum where users have little to no experience with geopolitics is irresponsible

Just pay attention to those who are educated on the topic, simple as that~

Collect the important information, disregard the nonsensical posts. 

GAmIMnj.gif

Like watching Anime? Consider joining the unofficial LTT Anime Club Heaven Society~ ^.^

You know, posts like this one are the reason that Slick considers closing OT. Sure, it's off topic, but you're asking a biased crowd about things they may not fully understand or may take so fucking seriously that they start an internet shouting match. Topics like this one are pointless, as all they do is start trouble.

Main Rig: CPU: AMD Ryzen 7 5800X | RAM: 32GB (2x16GB) KLEVV CRAS XR RGB DDR4-3600 | Motherboard: Gigabyte B550I AORUS PRO AX | Storage: 512GB SKHynix PC401, 1TB Samsung 970 EVO Plus, 2x Micron 1100 256GB SATA SSDs | GPU: EVGA RTX 3080 FTW3 Ultra 10GB | Cooling: ThermalTake Floe 280mm w/ be quiet! Pure Wings 3 | Case: Sliger SM580 (Black) | PSU: Lian Li SP 850W

Server: CPU: AMD Ryzen 3 3100 | RAM: 32GB (2x16GB) Crucial DDR4 Pro | Motherboard: ASUS PRIME B550-PLUS AC-HES | Storage: 128GB Samsung PM961, 4TB Seagate IronWolf | GPU: AMD FirePro WX 3100 | Cooling: EK-AIO Elite 360 D-RGB | Case: Corsair 5000D Airflow (White) | PSU: Seasonic Focus GM-850

Miscellaneous: Dell Optiplex 7060 Micro (i5-8500T/16GB/512GB), Lenovo ThinkCentre M715q Tiny (R5 2400GE/16GB/256GB), Dell Optiplex 7040 SFF (i5-6400/8GB/128GB)

Just pay attention to those who are educated on the topic, simple as that~

Collect the important information, disregard the nonsensical posts.

That's easy for you and I, but there are vast amounts of young impressionable forum members who may be more drawn to extreme biased points of view.

INTEL CORE I5 4670K | NVIDIA GTX 980 | NOCTUA NH-L9i | GIGABYTE GA-Z97X-SLI | KINGSTON 120GB V300

Let's emphasize educated and non-aggressive discussion fellow LTT members~!

OetF5JY.gif

That's easy for you and I, but there are vast amounts of young impressionable forum members who may be more drawn to extreme biased points of view.

True true, but there's no stopping us from educating people on topics we know of. 

Wisdom is ground up, built upon by experiences! Maybe the "young impressionable forum members" will one day open their mind to other view points and think from a analytic position with reason and logic. 

I don't think members who are underaged are qualified to give their feedback on such a topic or regards to offering opinions on nations.

disregard the nonsensical posts. 

Well if that's the case...

Either leave the place alone or B-52 the thing and be done with it. Can't have a war if there's no people, amirite?

In all seriousness, we should just help the people being ousted and GTFO. Let them solve this themselves. Maaaaaaaybeeeeeeee the airstrikes would help buy time, if it's needed, to get those people out of there but if it's not.. That was a waste of time and money.

-snip-

I believe we should only limit our involvement of the situation to helping with evacuation. 

Using any of our military power offensively would be counter intuitive to our current standing. Our Foreign policy is really creating a lot of problems.... 

The world just doesn't care enough, look at the UN. The US can't afford to have their hand in so many of these events, we don't have the economy and the reason to yet we insist in involving ourselves in the world theater. 

I believe we should only limit our involvement of the situation to helping with evacuation. 

Using any of our military power offensively would be counter intuitive to our current standing. Our Foreign policy is really creating a lot of problems.... 

The world just doesn't care enough, look at the UN. The US can't afford to have their hand in so many of these events, we don't have the economy and the reason to yet we insist in involving ourselves in the world theater. 

That's because the rest of NATO doesn't want to get involved for whatever their reason is, and I agree with them. I'm all for humanitarian aide if it's possible, but aside from that we should just contain the problem to being there (ie: no missiles flying in the direction of any country not involved). The only reason there's fighting is because some dude pissed off someone else a couple thousand years ago and someone showed up saying "This is our land, get out" and pissed everyone off.  Let them duke it out if they can't resolve it peacefully. Tensions don't disappear overnight with two people in charge talking over a cup of coffee. Delaying the resolution to a problem like this is only going to make it worse and exhaust resources that could be used elsewhere.

1 How on earth do you know what people know about geopolitcs on this forum ?

2 Irresponsible ? Not at all, the ones that put their heads in the sand and turn away are irresponsible, especially for something that affects the world and themself.

3 Even on a tech forum people will be affected by it in some way or another and should be open for debate (and its in the corect subforum).

Ontopic:

Im not an american but from what ive read and heard im for it but the us shouldnt be the only ones that do something

Let's agree to disagree

That's because the rest of NATO doesn't want to get involved for whatever their reason is, and I agree with them. I'm all for humanitarian aide if it's possible, but aside from that we should just contain the problem to being there (ie: no missiles flying in the direction of any country not involved). The only reason there's fighting is because some dude pissed off someone else a couple thousand years ago and someone showed up saying "This is our land, get out" and pissed everyone off.  Let them duke it out if they can't resolve it peacefully. Tensions don't disappear overnight with two people in charge talking over a cup of coffee. Delaying the resolution to a problem like this is only going to make it worse and exhaust resources that could be used elsewhere.

People on both sides need to come to a consensus before this nonsensical battle of faith can be resolved. It's a shame we don't yet have the ability to mentally transfer viewpoints to people....

EU's economy is flaky at best from what I've seen lately(correct me if I'm wrong). They indeed have various reasons for not wanting to participate.  

Ontopic:

Im not an american but from what ive read and heard im for it but the us shouldnt be the only ones that do something

If the US is to be involved the UN should participate too, either that or the issue at hand should be left for those directly involved to deal with. 

The world isn't a place full of flowers and love, the harsh reality is cold and flat we can only truck on and make the best of it. 

EDIT: Anyway it's late now, I'll read this tomorrow morning. Have a nice discussion people~!

People on both sides need to come to a consensus before this nonsensical battle of faith can be resolved. It's a shame we don't yet have the ability to mentally transfer viewpoints to people....

EU's economy is flaky at best from what I've seen lately(correct me if I'm wrong). They indeed have various reasons for not wanting to participate.  

But they won't. Even if you can "see" someone else's viewpoint that doesn't necessarily mean they will accept it. People over there are too stuck in their ways and want revenge for something that doesn't pertain to them, or have any real reasoning what so ever. Israel is pissing everyone off, everyone else there wants Israel to shut up. It's a circle of people yelling at each other to be quiet and that they're wrong. 

As far as I can see they're only doing slightly better than the US, which is unstable as is.

2 Irresponsible ? Not at all, the ones that put their heads in the sand and turn away are irresponsible, especially for something that affects the world and themself.

3 Even on a tech forum people will be affected by it in some way or another and should be open for debate (and its in the corect subforum).

Ontopic:

1. Age!

2. More deaths in a pointless war is pointless, why bother?

3 Yeah, gas prices go up.

Why should other people be involved, it's not their war, is it?

But they won't. Even if you can "see" someone else's viewpoint that doesn't necessarily mean they will accept it. People over there are too stuck in their ways and want revenge for something that doesn't pertain to them, or have any real reasoning what so ever. Israel is pissing everyone off, everyone else there wants Israel to shut up. It's a circle of people yelling at each other to be quiet and that they're wrong. 

As far as I can see they're only doing slightly better than the US, which is unstable as is.

Oh of course but the first step is understanding~

Human Psychology my friend :D

I know what I know but I don't know everything!

MAN ISIS IS RUNNING AROUND BEHEADING KIDS.

Someone told Luke and Linus at CES 2017 to "Unban the legend known as Jerakl" and that's about all I've got going for me. (It didn't work)

Ontopic:

1. I don't. But neither do people who may use this discussion as a tool to form an opinion about a serious issue. Forming an opinion based on biased opinions from completely unknown sources could be very harmful.

2. For something serious like this topic which affects the globe, people need to form their opinions based on actual events and politics, rather than some random person's opinion on a forum.

3. of course a lot of people on their forum are affected by the current geopolitical events, but that doesn't mean this forum is a good place to get information which would then be used to form strong opinions about serious issues.

I don't think members who are underaged are qualified to give their feedback on such a topic or regards to offering opinions on nations.

Age is not a qualifier, there are plenty of people much older even less qualified to give views

When I was in my early teens I had plenty of ideas and opinions, some not fully formed and thought through, but my mind was hardly the barren wasteland some people assume of younger people.  Whenever I encountered someone saying the children needed to be shielded from discussions, it irritated me to no end.  It was suggesting that my "brittle" and "fragile" little mind could simply not cope with the "grown up" topics.  I always resented that.

The bulwark against impressionable minds is a combination wisdom imparted by parents/adults/trial and error and an open forum of ideas that are challenged.  The greatest amount of damage does not occur in places like these, it's places like this, where the only thing a young mind (or an impressionable mind at any age) hears is the following:

I am impelled not to squeak like a grateful and frightened mouse, but to roar...

Age is not a qualifier, there are plenty of people much older even less qualified to give views

That was mainly directed at the types who make comments without any afterthought that basically equates to "America is evil" and still being in highschool or below. That angsty mess the forum doesn't need.

World War II. FDR refused to step in while Hitler was slaughtering people by the tens of thousands in Europe for two years. Not only did that help allow Hitler to gain more power, but it made the US look weak to the rest of the world. Enough to embolden Japan to launch the first attack on American soil since the War of 1812.

When the countries who have the power refuse to step in, it makes everything worse in the long run. The first Gulf War lasted less than a year because we had a standing army to fight against. But the Iraq and Afghanistan wars failed because fighting this militant radicals is impossible because the rest of the world refuses to acknowledge them for the evil that they are, so if we were to bomb them into oblivion like we should, the morons like Iran and Russia would retaliate.

Just like dealing with Hamas, people blame Israel for the civilian deaths, but it's 100% the fault of Hamas. They set up and fire their rockets from within residential areas, then call Israel evil when they bomb the missile sites. Hamas has called for the death of all Jews, all Christians, and anyone living in Israel and the US. But we can't deal with them like we should in a conventional war. It wasn't called evil when a bombed Germany, killing more civilians in a single day than all the civilians who have died in Palestine in the last 40+ years. It wasn't a good thing, but war is never good.

The difference is these radicals like Hamas and ISIS have people so twisted around, scared and confused that the civilians actually support them. Look around on LiveLeak and Youtube, there is no shortage of videos of Hamas using children as human shields, or of ISIS beheading non-Muslims, including little children. The must be stopped, and if the civilians don't' want to get bombed they need to stop these organizations before someone else has to step in.

i7 2600K @ 4.7GHz/ASUS P8Z68-V Pro/Corsair Vengeance LP 2x4GB @ 1600MHz/EVGA GTX 670 FTW SIG 2/Cooler Master HAF-X

http://www.speedtest.net/my-result/3591491194

You know, posts like this one are the reason that Slick considers closing OT. Sure, it's off topic, but you're asking a biased crowd about things they may not fully understand or may take so fucking seriously that they start an internet shouting match. Topics like this one are pointless, as all they do is start trouble.

World of Warcraft did that with its forums, they used to have an off topic section but scuttled it.  I think they were concerned about topics showing up there outside the scope of what some wanted their "fragile" youngsters to have access to.  Some of the mods were clearly uncomfortable with many of the topics that popped up, but it WAS an OT forum so shutting them down willy nilly was kind of seen by many as personal taste issues about what they disliked seeing (or what others complained about seeing that THEY did not like seeing there).  Even as a child I never had patients for such arguments.  If someone finds writing or a show distasteful, then they should avoid it.  I never understood the logic that NO ONE ELSE ought to be allowed to see or read that content because THEY have issues with it.  Same goes for spirited disagreement.  Of course, my definition and tolerance of "spirited" disagreement is more broad than some others.  One of my favorite shows growing up as kid was politically incorrect.  It was not a sterile discussion of issues and disagreements, people would often disagree and argue quite forcefully, and I thought it was GREAT!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KTYtu4lSqfU

World War II. FDR refused to step in while Hitler was slaughtering people by the tens of thousands in Europe for two years. Not only did that help allow Hitler to gain more power, but it made the US look weak to the rest of the world. Enough to embolden Japan to launch the first attack on American soil since the War of 1812.

When the countries who have the power refuse to step in, it makes everything worse in the long run. The first Gulf War lasted less than a year because we had a standing army to fight against. But the Iraq and Afghanistan wars failed because fighting this militant radicals is impossible because the rest of the world refuses to acknowledge them for the evil that they are, so if we were to bomb them into oblivion like we should, the morons like Iran and Russia would retaliate.

Just like dealing with Hamas, people blame Israel for the civilian deaths, but it's 100% the fault of Hamas. They set up and fire their rockets from within residential areas, then call Israel evil when they bomb the missile sites. Hamas has called for the death of all Jews, all Christians, and anyone living in Israel and the US. But we can't deal with them like we should in a conventional war. It wasn't called evil when a bombed Germany, killing more civilians in a single day than all the civilians who have died in Palestine in the last 40+ years. It wasn't a good thing, but war is never good.

The difference is these radicals like Hamas and ISIS have people so twisted around, scared and confused that the civilians actually support them. Look around on LiveLeak and Youtube, there is no shortage of videos of Hamas using children as human shields, or of ISIS beheading non-Muslims, including little children. The must be stopped, and if the civilians don't' want to get bombed they need to stop these organizations before someone else has to step in.

Do you know Japan killed more people in China than Hitler did to Jewish people?

Did you know Russia was trying to get rid of the Mujaheddin, which we helped and turned in to al qaeda whom we're now trying to fight and they led to Hamas.

Israel poking at everyone saying "you're mean to me, you're trying to kill me!" when nobody was doing anything isn't a good way to make friends.

Did you know this has been happening for hundreds of years, name doesn't mean jack. You know how to solve this? Carpet bomb the entire place. There, problem solved. No more terrorists running around blowing themselves up or forcing children to do so. Does that make you happy?