So this is a thing

Yup.

There are a surprising amount of gaming-oriented AiO PCs...

NEW PC build: Blank Heaven   minimalist white and black PC     Old S340 build log "White Heaven"        The "LIGHTCANON" flashlight build log        Project AntiRoll (prototype)        Custom speaker project

Spoiler

Ryzen 3950X | AMD Vega Frontier Edition | ASUS X570 Pro WS | Corsair Vengeance LPX 64GB | NZXT H500 | Seasonic Prime Fanless TX-700 | Custom loop | Coolermaster SK630 White | Logitech MX Master 2S | Samsung 980 Pro 1TB + 970 Pro 512GB | Samsung 58" 4k TV | Scarlett 2i4 | 2x AT2020

Still more powerful than a mac... (Prepare for potential hate)

PCs

Spoiler
Spoiler

Branwen (2015 build) - CPU: i7 4790K GPU:EVGA GTX 1070 SC PSU: XFX XTR 650W RAM: 16GB Kingston HyperX fury Motherboard: MSI Z87 MPower MAX AC SSD: Crucial MX100 256GB + Crucial MX300 1TB  Case: Silverstone RV05 Cooler: Corsair H80i V2 Displays: AOC AGON AG241QG & BenQ BL2420PT Build log: link 

Spoiler

Netrunner (2020 build) - CPU: AMD R7 3700X GPU: EVGA GTX 1070 (from 2015 build) PSU: Corsair SF600 platinum RAM: 32GB Crucial Ballistix RGB 3600Mhz cl16 Motherboard: Gigabyte Aorus X570i pro wifi SSD: Sabrent Rocket 4.0 1TB Case: Lian Li TU150W black Cooler: Be Quiet! Dark Rock Slim

And all they managed to fit in that big square box was an 860m.

Case: Corsair 4000D Airflow; Motherboard: MSI ZZ490 Gaming Edge; CPU: i7 10700K @ 5.1GHz; Cooler: Noctua NHD15S Chromax; RAM: Corsair LPX DDR4 32GB 3200MHz; Graphics Card: Asus RTX 3080 TUF; Power: EVGA SuperNova 750G2; Storage: 2 x Seagate Barracuda 1TB; Crucial M500 240GB & MX100 512GB; Keyboard: Logitech G710+; Mouse: Logitech G502; Headphones / Amp: HiFiMan Sundara Mayflower Objective 2; Monitor: Asus VG27AQ

tumblr_lyhg28Wzes1rnq3i2o2_400.gif

"My opinion is that your opinion is wrong." - AlwaysFSX    CPU I5 4690k MB MSI Gaming 5 RAM 2 x 4GB HyperX Blu DDR3 GPU Asus GTX970 Strix,  Case Corsair 760T Storage 1 x 120GB 840EVO 1 x 1TB WD Blue, 1 x 500GB Toshiba  

The cave/beast v2 (OLD) http://imgur.com/a/8AmeH                                  PSU 600W Raidmax RX600AF Displays ASUS VS278Q-P x2, BenQ Xl2720z Cooling Dark Rock 3, 4 AP120s Keyboard Logitech G710+ Mouse Razer Deathadder 

huh.... this one actually looks quite nice, but how goods the screen?

CPU: i7 4790K-----GPU: Gigabyte GTX 980 G1 Gaming + MSI GTX 980 TWINFROZR ------MOBO: MSI Z97 Gaming 7-------RAM: Klevv Genuine 2400MHz-------PSU: EVGA 850W SuperNOVA G2-------CASE: Phanteks Enhtoo Luxe

holy MSiMac, Batman!

FTFY

Ermahgerd, I hate u so much. Mac is so amezeng.

"How hard can it be?" - Jeremy Clarkson

"Speed has never killed anyone. Suddenly becoming stationary, that's what gets you." - Jeremy Clarkson

"There's an old saying that God exists in your search for him. I just want you to understand that I ain't looking." - Leslie Nielsen

less expensive too :P 

CPU: i7 4790K-----GPU: Gigabyte GTX 980 G1 Gaming + MSI GTX 980 TWINFROZR ------MOBO: MSI Z97 Gaming 7-------RAM: Klevv Genuine 2400MHz-------PSU: EVGA 850W SuperNOVA G2-------CASE: Phanteks Enhtoo Luxe

"12 GB DDR3"

why...

Motherboard: MSI Z97S Krait Edition █ CPU: Intel i7-4790K █ GPU: Nvidia Geforce GTX 780Ti █ RAM: 8GB AVEXIR DDR3 1600  █ Storage: 120GB Kingston HyperX SSD + 1TB Seagate Barracuda HDD 

█ Monitor: 21.5" 1080p 60Hz  PSU: 700w █ Case: Fractal Define R4 █       ...LTT Dark Theme master race.

Project MiniConsole

Tittle of the topic isn't very good.

The stone cannot know why the chisel cleaves it; the iron cannot know why the fire scorches it. When thy life is cleft and scorched, when death and despair leap at thee, beat not thy breast and curse thy evil fate, but thank the Builder for the trials that shape thee.

This is old news

Case: Phanteks Evolve X with ITX mount  cpu: Ryzen 3900X 4.35ghz all cores Motherboard: MSI X570 Unify gpu: EVGA 1070 SC  psu: Phanteks revolt x 1200W Memory: 64GB Kingston Hyper X oc'd to 3600mhz ssd: Sabrent Rocket 4.0 1TB ITX System CPU: 4670k  Motherboard: some cheap asus h87 Ram: 16gb corsair vengeance 1600mhz

i think they are laptops with the same specs that cost almost the same...

this is one of the greatest thing that has happened to me recently, and it happened on this forum, those involved have my eternal gratitude http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/198850-update-alex-got-his-moto-g2-lets-get-a-moto-g-for-alexgoeshigh-unofficial/ :')

i use to have the second best link in the world here, but it died ;_; its a 404 now but it will always be here

i sort of agree with you but you must also take in account that the imac has a better screen and better build quality and they have made an os for 1 brand of products 

If you tell a big enough lie and tell it frequently enough it will be believed.

-Adolf Hitler 

i sort of agree with you but you must also take in account that the imac has a better screen and better build quality and they have made an os for 1 brand of products 

^

"better build quality" 

Okay I didn't want to say this but guess what? Macs are made in the same factories as dell in 广东省 (guangdong province) at the slave labor foxconn center. 

So when you're buying a mac, you're buying a shiny dell. I'm not kidding open up a dell notebook and you'll see foxconn all over it along with apple's macbook pro. 

MSI I believe (i may be wrong), is taiwan based like Asus and Gigabyte. And Asus and Gigabyte have their places at the top of the computing market due to their reliability and

good build quality.

Eric S. Raymond used an E6600 from 2005 until 12/30/14 or open source software creation. Raw data computations in excess of 18GB each. Core 2 Duos still have tons of life left, my friend.

I know, I got macs at home. Love the OS and build quality. Hate the performance for a "desktop" computer

PCs

Spoiler
Spoiler

Branwen (2015 build) - CPU: i7 4790K GPU:EVGA GTX 1070 SC PSU: XFX XTR 650W RAM: 16GB Kingston HyperX fury Motherboard: MSI Z87 MPower MAX AC SSD: Crucial MX100 256GB + Crucial MX300 1TB  Case: Silverstone RV05 Cooler: Corsair H80i V2 Displays: AOC AGON AG241QG & BenQ BL2420PT Build log: link 

Spoiler

Netrunner (2020 build) - CPU: AMD R7 3700X GPU: EVGA GTX 1070 (from 2015 build) PSU: Corsair SF600 platinum RAM: 32GB Crucial Ballistix RGB 3600Mhz cl16 Motherboard: Gigabyte Aorus X570i pro wifi SSD: Sabrent Rocket 4.0 1TB Case: Lian Li TU150W black Cooler: Be Quiet! Dark Rock Slim

Gigabyte did it first with upgradable desktop graphics

1+ year ago

If your grave doesn't say "rest in peace" on it You are automatically drafted into the skeleton war.

^

"better build quality" 

Okay I didn't want to say this but guess what? Macs are made in the same factories as dell in 广东省 (guangdong province) at the slave labor foxconn center. 

So when you're buying a mac, you're buying a shiny dell. I'm not kidding open up a dell notebook and you'll see foxconn all over it along with apple's macbook pro. 

MSI I believe (i may be wrong), is taiwan based like Asus and Gigabyte. And Asus and Gigabyte have their places at the top of the computing market due to their reliability and

good build quality.

"these things come from the same place so the they are the same"

INTEL CORE I5 4670K | NVIDIA GTX 980 | NOCTUA NH-L9i | GIGABYTE GA-Z97X-SLI | KINGSTON 120GB V300

CM STORM QUICKFIRE TK | BENQ XL2420TE | ROCCAT SAVU | FRACTAL DEFINE R4

^

"better build quality" 

good build quality.

its not were there made its how they are made and how they are designed oh and arent dell laptops mosly made of plastic (nothing against dell) and last time i checked apple laptops have a aluminium body   

If you tell a big enough lie and tell it frequently enough it will be believed.

-Adolf Hitler 

Mother of god... That bottom bezel is huge. And that 6-lane highway they call a red accent is borderline offensive...

Get an iMac over this thing. For $500 more you get a much better graphics card and a way better 2560x1440 display as well as the aluminum build quality. Granted you're idiotic if you buy an all in one PC for gaming. 

Edit: As a matter of fact here it is 

http://store.apple.com/us/buy-mac/imac?product=ME089LL/A&step=config#

And benchmarks for each card....

http://www.notebookcheck.net/NVIDIA-GeForce-GTX-780M.88993.0.html

http://www.notebookcheck.net/NVIDIA-GeForce-GTX-860M.107794.0.html

It's not their first model, they are doing this for a couple of years now. Problem i have is that in most of them (or all of them, don't care) they use notebook stuff, so expansion is very limited. That's why i don't like them, if it was a more desktop thing with normal upgrade posibilities, would be a lot better.

If you want my attention, quote meh! D: or just stick an @samcool55 in your post :3

Spying on everyone to fight against terrorism is like shooting a mosquito with a cannon

^

"better build quality" 

good build quality.

Sorry, but that is not how it works...

Foxconn also makes the PS4, so is it as good as your PC?

"12 GB DDR3"

why...

Why not?

I am running a 10Gb config which is just about right, 8Gb would have been too little and before this I had 6Gb which was barely enough for browsing. 12Gb is a bit much but I still think it is more reasonable then 16Gb, since you won't be doing much rendering on this rig I assume. Imo 10-12Gb is the sweet spot for power users who don't do too much rendering and such

"Great minds discuss ideas; average minds discuss events; small minds discuss people."

Main rig:

i7-4790 - 24GB RAM - GTX 970 - Samsung 840 240GB Evo - 2x 2TB Seagate. - 4 monitors - G710+ - G600 - Zalman Z9U3

Other devices

Oneplus One 64GB Sandstone

Surface Pro 3 - i7 - 256Gb

Surface RT

Server:

SuperMicro something - Xeon e3 1220 V2 - 12GB RAM - 16TB of Seagates