Club3D Radeon R9 290 Problem - 2 out of 3 fans stuck at 100%

Go to solution Solved by BloodWithIce,

Rma it

Hello guys. I recently purchased a Club3D R9 290 from NCIX. Upon installing it in my computer, 2 out of the 3 fans are always ramped up to 100%.

The auto fan control of AMD Catalyst is only working on 1 of the 3 fans (as well as MSI Afterburner), so that 1 fan responds like a normal video card fan should (quiet on 10%, as loud as the other 2 fans on 100%).

From the moment the computer switches on the 2 fans are at 100% and my computer sounds like a vacuum cleaner.

Steps I tried:

1) Testing a different card in the same PC. I borrowed a friend's MSI R9 280X (with 2 fans) and that works totally fine.

2) Trying a different PCI-E slot on my motherboard.

3) Trying a different power supply.

The card plays games fine and runs stress tests fine with no artifacts or crashes. It seems like a working card aside from this problem. 

I contacted NCIX who approved of the RMA, but since I have a few days left before the RMA expires, I wanted to wait and see if I could solve the problem at home.

On a side note, does anybody have experiences with Club3D technical support? I have e-mailed Club3D (by sending them an e-mail at nasupport@Clubwho-3d.com, like their website instructs), but they haven't replied.

Other specs:

i5 4690k, Gigabyte Z97-UD5H, 16GB DDR3, PNY XLR8 SSD, EVGA Supernova G2 750W

Thanks,

Sevag

Rma it

SuperNova: CPU: Intel Core i5 4670k @4.6 GPU: Sapphire R290 Tri-x @1200, @1350, MOBO: MSI Z87 G45 Gaming, RAM: 16Gb HyperX Fury White @1866, PSU: CORSAIR TX750M, CASE: Arc Midi R2, SSD: Kingston 120gb SSD, 
COOLING:
H100i w/ 2x Nb eLoop 800rpm

Check out my build log Black Dawn Check out my build log Supernova

I've never heard of Club3D I'd just RMA it

This is disappointing quality control on a $400 product. I've actually used Club3D before but in a more low-key purchase (R7 265 for a budget computer). I think I will choose the RMA refund option.

Can anybody suggest a reliable model of the R9 280X or R9 290 (or GeForce GTX 770, I have no brand loyalty)? I've received two bad video cards in a row and just want something that works.

I wonder if I'm unlucky or video cards have a lower level of quality control than other computer components? The only things in my life that I've ever had to RMA are video cards (this will be my 4th RMA out of 6 video cards). 

This is disappointing quality control on a $400 product. I've actually used Club3D before but in a more low-key purchase (R7 265 for a budget computer). I think I will choose the RMA refund option.

Can anybody suggest a reliable model of the R9 280X or R9 290 (or GeForce GTX 770, I have no brand loyalty)? I've received two bad video cards in a row and just want something that works.

I wonder if I'm unlucky or video cards have a lower level of quality control than other computer components? The only things in my life that I've ever had to RMA are video cards (this will be my 4th RMA out of 6 video cards). 

MSI, Gigabyte, or Sapphire if an AMD card, EVGA, ASUS if NVIDIA card.

Developer by day, Gamer by night

CPU - Intel i7 4770k | MOBO MSI G45 Gaming | RAM - G.Skill RipJaws X 1600mhz 4x4gb CL7 | CASE - NZXT H440 | GPU - MSI R9 290 | PSU - Corsair RM850 | SSD - Samsung 840 EVO 128gb | HDD - Western Digital Black 2TB

I have had my brother get the exact same card - seems to be working fine for him. Shame it isn't for you.

RMA it ASAP btw.

Sapphire

You should RMA that thing

CPU: Intel Core i7 4770K @4.5GHz - CPU Cooler: Corsair H100i - Motherboard: Asus ROG Maximus VI Hero - Memory: Corsair Vengeance Pro Red 8GB (2x4GB) @1600 - Storage: WD Green 2TB, 128GB Corsair Force Series SSD - Graphics Card: Asus MATRIX R9 280x OC Case: Corsair Graphite 600T - Power Supply: Be Quiet Power Zone 650W - Monitor: 2x Acer S240HLbid - Keyboard: Corsair K70 (Cherry MX Red) - Mouse: Perixx MX-2000 - Audio: Logitech G430, Logitech Z506

Thanks guys. I requested the RMA. Does anybody know what happens if you already redeemed your Radeon free gift games? Will NCIX cut some value off the refund? 

Put 2 of your fingers in the 2 fans at the same time, that should stop them or lead to 2 less fingers

Emmh... Maybe consider killing yourself before you talk to me?

Pople on this forum though some of them had a brain, turns out, no.

I've never heard of Club3D I'd just RMA it

You must live in a tiny world if you never seen club3D cards.