So I bought two new monitors and i need help

bzhu_

I bought two new monitors and they both don't look the same (colour wise and images not as sharp) even though they're both going to the same PC with GTX 770.  Right now I'm using an HDMI cable for one (this monitor has what i want the colours to be) while the other one is plugged into the PC with an HDMI cable but through an HDMI to DVI-D adapter this one makes the colours a little too dim and flat.  I've tried using a VGA to DVI-I Adapter too but this makes the colours too bright.  I have a VGA to Displayport coming in and a VGA to DVI-D coming in the mail soon and currently own HDMI to Displayport (just not on me so I can't test it, will using this with on one and HDMI on the other solve my problem?).  With what I have is there anyway to match both the monitors to have the same colours.  (I can purchase needed stuff if I REALLY have to but I'd prefer not to)

Also I was wondering is it the plugs in my GPU that determines all of this or is the the plugs from my monitors that are giving me problems. (just curious)

Please and Thank you Everyone.

Your best bet would probably be manually tuning each monitor to look the same. They are both the same model right?

BTW welcome to the forums!

4YNI1Xu.gif

Don't forget to read the CoC here!

Yay Toradora avatar!
giphy.gif

Like watching Anime? Consider joining the unofficial LTT Anime Club Heaven Society~ ^.^

I've tried tuning them both but I can't get get them both to be the same.

I've tried tuning them both but I can't get get them both to be the same.

Quote my post so I know your responding lol, I didn't see you reply till I refreshed the page.

Alrighty do this: replace the hdmi cord with a DVI. Use both monitors with a DVI connection. That should do the trick. HDMI isn't that godly anyway. 

Like watching Anime? Consider joining the unofficial LTT Anime Club Heaven Society~ ^.^

Quote my post so I know your responding lol, I didn't see you reply till I refreshed the page.

Alrighty do this: replace the hdmi cord with a DVI. Use both monitors with a DVI connection. That should do the trick. HDMI isn't that godly anyway. 

My monitors only support VGA and HDMI, no DVI sadly

My monitors only support VGA and HDMI, no DVI sadly

Oh well shit... sad face... Your kinda stuck then because the GTX 770 outputs 2 DVI ports 1 Displayport and 1 HDMI... different connection will display different image quality. I'd try DVI and Displayport then manually tweak the image to be as close as possible. Other than that I can't think of anything else. 

Oh well shit... sad face... Your kinda stuck then because the GTX 770 outputs 2 DVI ports 1 Displayport and 1 HDMI... different connection will display different image quality. I'd try DVI and Displayport then manually tweak the image to be as close as possible. Other than that I can't think of anything else. 

Would getting this:http://www.ncix.com/detail/hdmi-to-dvi-d-dual-link-5c-98350.htm and using my HDMI to DVI adapter work? or would HDMI to DP and HDMI work?

Would getting this:http://www.ncix.com/detail/hdmi-to-dvi-d-dual-link-5c-98350.htm and using my HDMI to DVI adapter work? or would HDMI to DP and HDMI work?

Not sure, but my guess would be most likely not since the signal would initially be a DVI signal. It's just converted so its readable through a HDMI port. 

Maybe someone else on the forum can give a better explanation. 

Not sure, but my guess would be most likely not since the signal would initially be a DVI signal. It's just converted so its readable through a HDMI port. 

Maybe someone else on the forum can give a better explanation. 

Oh that sucks.  But thanks for your help anyway :)