Asus ROG PG278Q swift

samons
Go to solution Solved by samons,

Well now i got it and tried it and i gotta say its amazing, g-sync makes all games feel next gen :) even with my gtx 780 sc 6gb with mostly ultra settings with 60-80 fps it still better than anything i seen, it just feels so smooth.

my last monitor was a pb278q pls panel and the colors on it was just beautiful  im gonne miss that for sure, tho the rog are rly good for a tn and the viewing ankles are rly not that bad ether- I dont mind the trade of at all cus overall as a person who plays games allmost everyday this is perfect, like linus said its like tryin ssd for the first time you dont wanna go back !

Has anyone tried this monitor first hand ? or bought it themselfs ?

Has anyone tried this monitor first hand ? or bought it themselfs ?

I'm guessing you're searching for user feedback for spending over $700 dollars on this monitor, sadly I haven't tried it. I believe Linus is either recording/or uploading his review of the PG278Q swift.

There is Tom Logan from OC3D TV who was sampled 1 in the UK. He has a review of the monitor on Youtube already.

Please become a member of the Linus Tech Tips forum, keep writing smug remarks & let us love you. Peace out.

<| Project M13 & Silverstream. Other DIY projects |>

Yup wanna hear something from a gamer who bought it, since its allot of money ^^ 

i did see that one tho i still wanna hear more about it first and others reviews like linus, ben waiting for him to do one on it..

Also very interested in this monitor. So i'll keep an eye on posts here :)

Really no one who tried it ? :) must be the price 

I'll be buying it in 2 weeks :)

[ Cruel Angel ]:     Exterior  -   BENQ XL2420T   |   SteelSeries MLG Sensei   |   Corsair K70 RED   |   Corsair 900D  |                                                                                                    CPU:    -   4.7Ghz @ 1.425v             |

Interior    -   i7 4770k   |    Maximus VI Formula    |   Corsair Vengeance Pro 16GB    |   ASUS GTX 980 Strix SLIx2  |  840 Pro 512Gb    |    WD Black 2TB  |           RAM:   -   2400Mhz OC @ 1.650v    |

Cooling   -   XSPC 120mm x7 Total Radiator Space   |   XSPC RayStorm    |    PrimoChill Tubing/Res  |                                                                                             GPU:   -   1000Mhz @ 1.158            |

I'll be buying it in 2 weeks :)

Please share your personal experience when you have it :) planning on using the g-sync part ? 

Please share your personal experience when you have it :) planning on using the g-sync part ? 

Well, I only have the 560Ti and I was waiting to buy two 780Ti Matrixs, however, with the 880 just right around the corner I'll just be waiting for the 880 series. The 560Ti does not support G-Sync.

Anyways G sync becomes less noticeable from 90 -144Hz if you are actually pushing the FPS in that range. 

G-Sync is at its best from 30 - 90 fps in my opinion :)

[ Cruel Angel ]:     Exterior  -   BENQ XL2420T   |   SteelSeries MLG Sensei   |   Corsair K70 RED   |   Corsair 900D  |                                                                                                    CPU:    -   4.7Ghz @ 1.425v             |

Interior    -   i7 4770k   |    Maximus VI Formula    |   Corsair Vengeance Pro 16GB    |   ASUS GTX 980 Strix SLIx2  |  840 Pro 512Gb    |    WD Black 2TB  |           RAM:   -   2400Mhz OC @ 1.650v    |

Cooling   -   XSPC 120mm x7 Total Radiator Space   |   XSPC RayStorm    |    PrimoChill Tubing/Res  |                                                                                             GPU:   -   1000Mhz @ 1.158            |

i just got the evga gtx 780 sc 6 gb, hopin its enough otherwise i might sli og wait for the maxwell series aswell 

Performance

NVIDIA GTX 780

2304 CUDA Cores

967 MHz Base Clock

1020 MHz Boost Clock

185.6GT/s Texture Fill Rate

Memory

6144 MB, 384 bit GDDR5

6008 MHz (effective)

288.38 GB/s Memory Bandwidth

I bought it, it'll be here around the 18th of August :)

Got a nice €50 discount too, the website fucked up their pricing and gave a discount to not make me take back my money :P

I bought it, it'll be here around the 18th of August :)

Got a nice €50 discount too, the website fucked up their pricing and gave a discount to not make me take back my money :P

cool please give an review when you get it and tried some games etc :) and what knda card are u using ?

cool please give an review when you get it and tried some games etc :) and what knda card are u using ?

Will do, GTX 780 overclocked... Can overclock it even more as I didn't touch the voltages yet :)

As soon as I can get it here in the US I'll have that monitor at home. I can't wait to test it and write a review of it :) .

Intel i7 7820X (delidded) @ 4.9GHz - MSI X299 M7 ACK + EKWB Fullcover Block - G.Skill Trident Z 32GB @ 3466MHz - nVidia Titan Xp + EKWB Fullcover Block @ 2.1GHz - Samsung 960Pro 2x - WDD Blue 2TB - Seasonic 750W Platinum - modded Corsair 600C - Hardtubed Custom Watercooling

As soon as I can get it here in the US I'll have that monitor at home. I can't wait to test it and write a review of it :) .

when is it US release date ?

when is it US release date ?

According to side´s like Guru3d and Aanadtech it is just saying to the end of August. I want that monitor so bad and I can´t wait to get my hands on it to test it myself.

http://www.anandtech.com/show/8290/asus-rog-swift-pg278q-monitor-released

Here´s the article to it.

Intel i7 7820X (delidded) @ 4.9GHz - MSI X299 M7 ACK + EKWB Fullcover Block - G.Skill Trident Z 32GB @ 3466MHz - nVidia Titan Xp + EKWB Fullcover Block @ 2.1GHz - Samsung 960Pro 2x - WDD Blue 2TB - Seasonic 750W Platinum - modded Corsair 600C - Hardtubed Custom Watercooling

Yea feel the same way, just waiting for the money tho

Well, it's the best 'gaming' monitor to date, what more to say?

I predict that supply won't be able to keep up with the demand. The likelihood of owning one of these things before 2015 will be impossible.

For shame! I really wanted to try one of these bad boys out.

i7 7700k @ 4.9ghz | Asus Maximus IX Hero | G.skill 32gb @ 3200 | Gtx 1080 classified | In win 909 | Samsung 960 pro 1tb | WD caviar blue 1tb x3 | Dell u3417w | Corsair H115i | Ducky premier dk9008p (mx reds) | Logitech g900 | Sennheiser hd 800s w/ hdvd 800 | Audioengine a5+ w/ s8

Still wondering if this monitor will be worth it, gsync would be basically useless to me because I never use vsync and do not care about tearing. =/

But 144hz + 1440p is still attracting me towards it.

Curing shitposts by shitposts

I'll be interested to see how the TN panel holds up, Linus mentioned it was very impressive.

Spoiler

i5 4670k, GTX 970, 12GB 1600, 120GB SSD, 240GB SDD, 1TB HDD, CM Storm Quickfire TK, G502, VG248QE, ATH M40x, Fractal R4

Spoiler

i5 4278U, Intel Iris Graphics, 8GB 1600, 128GB SSD, 2560x1600 IPS display, Mid-2014 Model

Spoiler

All the parts are here, just need to get customized cords to connect the motherboard to the front panel.

I'm actually itching to grab on of these, but seeing I'll be away all fall for work it looks like I'll be grabbing one for myself come Christmas. My desk has a hole the perfect size just waiting! Haha

Never say it's not broken. Everything is broken. Why? Because everything needs MOAR POWA!