Mixing fitting brands?

As the title implies, I was wondering if this is advisable or not?

Aside from the looks, will I have any problem when I have different fittings connected to each other?

For example(hypothetically); EKWB 45º connector + Bitfenix Compression fittings

I was looking at EKWB or Bitspower fittings.

Thanks in advance!

as long as you aren't mixing different metals, it should be fine. assuming they are all using the same gk1/4 sizes

NEVER put aluminum parts with copper parts

INTEL CORE I5 4670K | NVIDIA GTX 980 | NOCTUA NH-L9i | GIGABYTE GA-Z97X-SLI | KINGSTON 120GB V300

CM STORM QUICKFIRE TK | BENQ XL2420TE | ROCCAT SAVU | FRACTAL DEFINE R4

They should all have the same threads, so they should fit, unless they use some exotic proprietary sealings.

CPU: Intel i7 3970X @ 4.7 GHz  (custom loop)   RAM: Kingston 1866 MHz 32GB DDR3   GPU(s): 2x Gigabyte R9 290OC (custom loop)   Motherboard: Asus P9X79   

Case: Fractal Design R3    Cooling loop:  360 mm + 480 mm + 1080 mm,  tripple 5D Vario pump   Storage: 500 GB + 240 GB + 120 GB SSD,  Seagate 4 TB HDD

PSU: Corsair AX860i   Display(s): Asus PB278Q,  Asus VE247H   Input: QPad 5K,  Logitech G710+    Sound: uDAC3 + Philips Fidelio x2

HWBot: http://hwbot.org/user/tame/

as long as you aren't mixing different metals, it should be fine. assuming they are all using the same gk1/4 sizes

They should all have the same threads, so they should fit, unless they use some exotic proprietary sealings.

Does any of the brands I mentioned make aluminum or make 'unique' fittings? will nickel be ok?

If I understand this correctly, I shouldn't be worried about mix and matching them?

why not? how bad is it? is there a way you could still do that?

"You know it'll clock down as soon as it hits 40°C, right?" - "Yeah ... but it doesnt hit 40°C ... ever  😄"

GPU: MSI GTX1080 Ti Aero @ 2 GHz (watercooled) CPU: Ryzen 5600X (watercooled) RAM: 32GB 3600Mhz Corsair LPX MB: Gigabyte B550i PSU: Corsair SF750 Case: Hyte Revolt 3

Does any of the brands I mentioned make aluminum or make 'unique' fittings? will nickel be ok?

If I understand this correctly, I shouldn't be worried about mix and matching them?

almost every fitting uses g1/4 threads, so they will fit fine.

the only thing you really need to worry about is aluminium

INTEL CORE I5 4670K | NVIDIA GTX 980 | NOCTUA NH-L9i | GIGABYTE GA-Z97X-SLI | KINGSTON 120GB V300

almost every fitting uses g1/4 threads, so they will fit fine.

the only thing you really need to worry about is aluminium

whats wrong with aluminium? what about anodized aluminium?

"You know it'll clock down as soon as it hits 40°C, right?" - "Yeah ... but it doesnt hit 40°C ... ever  😄"

GPU: MSI GTX1080 Ti Aero @ 2 GHz (watercooled) CPU: Ryzen 5600X (watercooled) RAM: 32GB 3600Mhz Corsair LPX MB: Gigabyte B550i PSU: Corsair SF750 Case: Hyte Revolt 3

why not? how bad is it? is there a way you could still do that?

you would get Galvanic corrosion

EK_DC2_galvanic_corrosion_2013_4.jpg

You should never use aluminium, I even say no to anodized aluminium.

Thatswhy I really dont like the rog boards with intigrated wc.

If you can always go with nickel, this really should become a watercool standard :/

My Rig "Jenova" Ryzen 7 3900X with EK Supremacy Elite, RTX3090 with EK Fullcover Acetal + Nickel & EK Backplate, Corsair AX1200i (sleeved), ASUS X570-E, 4x 8gb Corsair Vengeance Pro RGB 3800MHz 16CL, 500gb Samsung 980 Pro, Raijintek Paean

If you can always go with nickel, this really should become a watercool standart :/

that looks nasty is there a way though to prevent that? is there a way to make anodized aluminium work? kill coile? coolant additive?

If you really want to mix metals use "a shot" of anti freze.

Anodized aluminium should be fine, but I dont really trust that.

My Rig "Jenova" Ryzen 7 3900X with EK Supremacy Elite, RTX3090 with EK Fullcover Acetal + Nickel & EK Backplate, Corsair AX1200i (sleeved), ASUS X570-E, 4x 8gb Corsair Vengeance Pro RGB 3800MHz 16CL, 500gb Samsung 980 Pro, Raijintek Paean

If you really want to mix metals use "a shot" of anti freze.

Anodized aluminium should be fine, but I dont really trust that.

meinst du frostschutz wie fürs auto?

meinst du frostschutz wie fürs auto?

Ganz genau, Frostschutzmittel^^

Ganz genau, Frostschutzmittel^^

spricht da die erfahrung oder haste das einfach irgendwo gehört?

spricht da die erfahrung oder haste das einfach irgendwo gehört?

Habe es schon verwendet, aber nicht in so schlimmen Fällen wie Al + Cu. Bei Cu + Ni habe ich immer einige Tropfen verwendet, dadurch wird es sogar wesentlich einfacher die Luft aus dem Loop zu bekommen. Außerdem wird die Kühlfähigkeit des Wassers nicht verschlechtert :)

Habe es schon verwendet, aber nicht in so schlimmen Fällen wie Al + Cu. Bei Cu + Ni habe ich immer einige Tropfen verwendet, dadurch wird es sogar wesentlich einfacher die Luft aus dem Loop zu bekommen. Außerdem wird die Kühlfähigkeit des Wassers nicht verschlechtert :)

hmm also ich hab den reserator 1 v2 von zalman restauriert und will den unbedingt einbauen, gibts alu radiatoren ? und was ist mit den blocks, der pumpe und dem kram könnte ich mich statt von alu einfach kupfer fern halten?

hmm also ich hab den reserator 1 v2 von zalman restauriert und will den unbedingt einbauen, gibts alu radiatoren ? und was ist mit den blocks, der pumpe und dem kram könnte ich mich statt von alu einfach kupfer fern halten?

Solang du konstant das selbe Metall benutzt ist alles gut :)

4c84548f4c.png

No you shouldn't worry. Like others have said the only thing you should avoid is aluminum. What might matter to you is having matching colors on your fittings in which case you might want to stick to a single brand. You can't go wrong with Bitspower. They have all kinds of fittings, extenders, adapters, 30/45/60/90 degrees and they all come in a bunch of colors. 

Bert & Ernie before squirting spermie. 

Ok...

You DO need to watch what fittings you go for,some thread lengths are incompatible with BP fittings as BP use a very short thread length and tap their fittings accordingly. The most common fitting for issues are the non rotary angles.

If you can always go with nickel, this really should become a watercool standart :/

Agreed,even a small scratch will compromise the corrosion resistance.

As for the plating...its purely cosmetic and Copper is the standard already

SR-2-2x X5650 Xeons-3x 670 FTW-1x 120Gb Force GT-1x 240Gb Force GT-1tb WD Green-12Gb Dom GT 1866-Platimax 1500w-2x HK3-2xD5-24v controller-3x RX 480's-3x NiBlk HK GPU blocks-Koolance tops-BP res-15x SP120's-Little Devil V8.

This.

As long as the metals you are using are close to eachother in this table, you should be fine.

As I recall using nickel is to make sure all metals are "compatible" since you can plate pretty much anything, isnt it?

This.

As long as the metals you are using are close to eachother in this table, you should be fine.

Although that table is corrosion in salt water........

SR-2-2x X5650 Xeons-3x 670 FTW-1x 120Gb Force GT-1x 240Gb Force GT-1tb WD Green-12Gb Dom GT 1866-Platimax 1500w-2x HK3-2xD5-24v controller-3x RX 480's-3x NiBlk HK GPU blocks-Koolance tops-BP res-15x SP120's-Little Devil V8.

As the title implies, I was wondering if this is advisable or not?

Aside from the looks, will I have any problem when I have different fittings connected to each other?

For example(hypothetically); EKWB 45º connector + Bitfenix Compression fittings

I was looking at EKWB or Bitspower fittings.

Thanks in advance!

You won't have any problems with fittings from different makers as long as they are the same ID and OD(this is for compressions only) and material( barbs and compressions). With compression of different ID and OD the problem will be with either the tube not being able to go over the barb while also making the compression ring not able to screw all the way on the barb, or the tubing being too lose causing leaks. 

Weather the fitting is angled or not does not impact negatively, just make sure the same ID and OD is kept once you are using compression fitting.

Why you would want your PC to look like a cheap pimp...i have no idea. :P

A water-cooled mid-tier gaming PC.

I hope that doesn't happen to me as I will be using mostly EK bcomponents.  :wacko:

No you shouldn't worry. Like others have said the only thing you should avoid is aluminum. What might matter to you is having matching colors on your fittings in which case you might want to stick to a single brand. You can't go wrong with Bitspower. They have all kinds of fittings, extenders, adapters, 30/45/60/90 degrees and they all come in a bunch of colors. 

As for the color, yeah I thought of that too. But since I will be using EK components, I really don't want any compatibility issues when putting in the g 1/4 onto the component. I will be really just be using the extenders and/or the t or y adapters of other brands.

Ok...

You DO need to watch what fittings you go for,some thread lengths are incompatible with BP fittings as BP use a very short thread length and tap their fittings accordingly. The most common fitting for issues are the non rotary angles.

This.

I don't think I need to worry anymore about that aluminum issue as i'll be using the nickel variant.  ;)

You won't have any problems with fittings from different makers as long as they are the same ID and OD(this is for compressions only) and material( barbs and compressions). With compression of different ID and OD the problem will be with either the tube not being able to go over the barb while also making the compression ring not able to screw all the way on the barb, or the tubing being too lose causing leaks. 

Weather the fitting is angled or not does not impact negatively, just make sure the same ID and OD is kept once you are using compression fitting.

Why you would want your PC to look like a cheap pimp...i have no idea. :P

ID & OD check!  :) material. i think they are all made from brass.

I guess you already forgot, I was the one who was asking you about water cooling on another thread, and said that I'm from Italy. Over here we have very limited options on these things lol  :D

Anyway, as for the compression and angled fittings, i'll only be using ekwb. As for the other parts I'll only be using other brand names for extensions and y/t adapters If needed. Because right now, I've ordered the fittings(plus extras) directly from ekwb with some other parts, so if I needed the extra parts(adaptors / extentions / etc) I would just like to know that I can put on other brands with it, the delivery would cost as much as the item that I would like to buy on their website so ordering just 1 part from their site would be disadvantageous for my part :)  

ID & OD check!  :) material. i think they are all made from brass.

I guess you already forgot, I was the one who was asking you about water cooling on another thread, and said that I'm from Italy. Over here we have very limited options on these things lol  :D

Anyway, as for the compression and angled fittings, i'll only be using ekwb. As for the other parts I'll only be using other brand names for extensions and y/t adapters If needed. Because right now, I've ordered the fittings(plus extras) directly from ekwb with some other parts, so if I needed the extra parts(adaptors / extentions / etc) I would just like to know that I can put on other brands with it, the delivery would cost as much as the item that I would like to buy on their website so ordering just 1 part from their site would be disadvantageous for my part :)  

No i did not forget who you are or where you are from.

You think they are all brass......don't think, know or there will be a good chance of having metals other than brass and copper in your loop causing corrosion quickly.

A water-cooled mid-tier gaming PC.

No i did not forget who you are or where you are from.

You think they are all brass......don't think, know or there will be a good chance of having metals other than brass and copper in your loop causing corrosion quickly.

You need to get with the program,no watercooling company of repute (Basically anything but ebay) has used Alu for anything for some time. He would actually have to go out of his way to find Alu fittings.

As for other metals....there is already Stainless steel and Tin from the solder in nearly everything you buy for watercooling so your comment is wrong. Alu is the only problem metal and that was extinct years a go.