there's always that one person

WyvernAbstracts

was just talking about games with my friend and than we randomly got onto comparing gpu's when i said i had an amd card, he's like why you got dis shit windows card (yes he said windows). Than he tried to convince me that his 780m was better than my 270x 

My Little Gaming Rig:

CPU: FX 8320 | MOBO: Gigabyte 970A-D3P | RAM: G.Skill Ares 2x4GB | GPU: Sapphire Dual-X R9 270X | Storage: Seagate SSHD 1TB | Case: Corsair 200R | PSU: CM 550W V-Series

Upgrades to come: CPU FAN: Corsair H100i | RAM: 2 more 4GB sticks | GPU: Another R9 270X running in crossfire | Storage: Samsung 120GB SSD | PSU: Corsair 800w

Put this in the experiences with non techies thread

|| MAELSTROM ||

|| i5 3570K W/ CM 212x @ 4GHz || r9 290 Windforce || Corsair Obsidian 450D || 2tb HDD + 120gb 840 evo SSD || 2x4gb Hyperx Fury Blue

I have a 780 and a 290 laying around and I'm currently using the 290. 
You can't imagine how much shit I get at school for using an AMD card. 
Everyone has Gtx 760s or something along those lines and they all hate on my 290.
And I'm like 

SuperNova: CPU: Intel Core i5 4670k @4.6 GPU: Sapphire R290 Tri-x @1200, @1350, MOBO: MSI Z87 G45 Gaming, RAM: 16Gb HyperX Fury White @1866, PSU: CORSAIR TX750M, CASE: Arc Midi R2, SSD: Kingston 120gb SSD, 
COOLING:
H100i w/ 2x Nb eLoop 800rpm

Check out my build log Black Dawn Check out my build log Supernova

the GTX780M is a GTX760 desktop trim

Budget? Uses? Currency? Location? Operating System? Peripherals? Monitor? Use PCPartPicker wherever possible. 

Quote whom you're replying to, and set option to follow your topics. Or Else we can't see your reply.

was just talking about games with my friend and than we randomly got onto comparing gpu's when i said i had an amd card, he's like why you got dis shit windows card (yes he said windows). Than he tried to convince me that his 780m was better than my 270x 

What card has more RAM? I've had countless people who are not very technical minded say that their GPU is just as good because it has the same amount of RAM.

the GTX780M is a GTX760 desktop trim

I have a 780 and a 290 laying around and I'm currently using the 290. 

You can't imagine how much shit I get at school for using an AMD card. 

Everyone has Gtx 760s or something along those lines and they all hate on my 290.

And I'm like 

bro you would get more shit in nz as no one even knows what amd is. 

My Little Gaming Rig:

CPU: FX 8320 | MOBO: Gigabyte 970A-D3P | RAM: G.Skill Ares 2x4GB | GPU: Sapphire Dual-X R9 270X | Storage: Seagate SSHD 1TB | Case: Corsair 200R | PSU: CM 550W V-Series

Upgrades to come: CPU FAN: Corsair H100i | RAM: 2 more 4GB sticks | GPU: Another R9 270X running in crossfire | Storage: Samsung 120GB SSD | PSU: Corsair 800w

bro you would get more shit in nz as no one even knows what amd is. 

oh

but tell him about the GTX780M is just a GTX760 gpu

it just the same as your 270X

Budget? Uses? Currency? Location? Operating System? Peripherals? Monitor? Use PCPartPicker wherever possible. 

Quote whom you're replying to, and set option to follow your topics. Or Else we can't see your reply.

oh

but tell him about the GTX780M is just a GTX760 gpu

it just the same as your 270X

its actually fallz behind in real world tests

My Little Gaming Rig:

its actually fallz behind in real world tests

yours can be OC 

his is locked and if he OC, his gpu will cook off

yours can be OC 

his is locked and if he OC, his gpu will cook off

but he's one of those arrogant guys that what they say is always right

My Little Gaming Rig:

but he's one of those arrogant guys that what they say is always right

treat his words as noise  -_-

you can overclock it and it will outperform the GTX 780m big time...

You know fools are the only people that bring you down to their level by arguing too much with them. Don't argue with them, give him real reasons about this comparison thus if he didn't want to accept the fact his GPU is slower than yours then he is a real fool!

How about running some benchmarks together and see who win.

A water-cooled mid-tier gaming PC.