Is it possible to play games with 2 1680x1050 and a 1080p monitor?

So I have a 1920x1080 main monitor and 2 1680x1050 on the sides. How would I set games up to play on all 3 monitors, if possible? My GPU is a Gigabyte 7870 2gb.

Thanks.

You can't. The monitors have to be the same resolution to be setted up as 5760x1080. 

That's not entirely correct. He could do it ... if he ran his 1080p monitor at 1680x1050. But unless the monitor had scaling options that could be set to 1:1, then it would look stretched and like garbage... Of course, it would still look like garbage even with a 1:1 scaler setting, the only difference being there would be black bars and/or boxes surrounding the screen.

@NormalPcGamer. Sorry dude, you really need 3 of the same to do it in any way that doesn't completely suck. Plus, your 7870 would really struggle to give you decent frames on Eyefinity Surround Gaming anyway even if you had 3 of the same.

For Sale: Meraki Bundle

iPhone Xr 128 GB Product Red - HP Spectre x360 13" (i5 - 8 GB RAM - 256 GB SSD) - HP ZBook 15v G5 15" (i7-8850H - 16 GB RAM - 512 GB SSD - NVIDIA Quadro P600)

That's not entirely correct. He could do it ... if he ran his 1080p monitor at 1680x1050. But unless the monitor had scaling options that could be set to 1:1, then it would look stretched and like garbage... Of course, it would still look like garbage even with a 1:1 scaler setting, the only difference being there would be black bars and/or boxes surrounding the screen.

@NormalPcGamer. Sorry dude, you really need 3 of the same to do it in any way that doesn't completely suck. Plus, your 7870 would really struggle to give you decent frames on Eyefinity Surround Gaming anyway even if you had 3 of the same.

Ah alright. thanks.

You can't. The monitors have to be the same resolution to be setted up as 5760x1080. 

Ah alright. thanks.

Don't listen to all this, you have an AMD card and they allow for multi-monitor gaming on screens of different resolution and size now, and their software will allow you to line everything up just fine. It might not look fantastic, but it is perfectly possible.

Don't listen to all this, you have an AMD card and they allow for multi-monitor gaming on screens of different resolution and size now, and their software will allow you to line everything up just fine. It might not look fantastic, but it is perfectly possible.

I must say, @Tacitus you're absolutely right.

I have NO idea when they introduced this feature. It never made big news here on LTT forums though, or if it did, I must've missed it.

http://community.amd.com/community/amd-blogs/amd-gaming/blog/2014/05/30/mixed-resolution-eyefinity

This blog explains it all (And has pictures! YAY!), and is dated May 30th, 2014. This is definitely a newer feature, because in the past, their Eyefinity Surround setups have been VERY STRICT about which resolutions you could use, and you definitely had to use all 3 matching.

Still, a single 7870 driving 3 displays is gonna have either low FPS, or low quality/detail.

For Sale: Meraki Bundle

iPhone Xr 128 GB Product Red - HP Spectre x360 13" (i5 - 8 GB RAM - 256 GB SSD) - HP ZBook 15v G5 15" (i7-8850H - 16 GB RAM - 512 GB SSD - NVIDIA Quadro P600)

I must say, @Tacitus you're absolutely right.

I have NO idea when they introduced this feature. It never made big news here on LTT forums though, or if it did, I must've missed it.

http://community.amd.com/community/amd-blogs/amd-gaming/blog/2014/05/30/mixed-resolution-eyefinity

This blog explains it all (And has pictures! YAY!), and is dated May 30th, 2014. This is definitely a newer feature, because in the past, their Eyefinity Surround setups have been VERY STRICT about which resolutions you could use, and you definitely had to use all 3 matching.

Still, a single 7870 driving 3 displays is gonna have either low FPS, or low quality/detail.

Again true, I only became aware of this as I was looking into using a 29" 21:9 monitor in conjunction with two 24 inch monitors, and only AMD can offer this, and only very recently.

It probably wasn't big news here because few members here I've found use or recommend triple monitor setups.

I was gonna say that, but it's not practical, and just like you said, not running it in its recommended resolution make it look like crap.