Can anyone beat Dells warrenty?

So yeah Ive been after a new monitor for a while and in the past Ive always been swayed in the direction of Dell thanks to their pixel perfect warranty meaning if even a single dead pixel forms before 3-5 years (I think it depends on where you live) on an ultrasharp monitor you can get a replacement.

So its around that time of upgrade and the thing is I don't want a slow 8ms response monitor so Ive been looking elsewhere but it all seams to lead me back to the Dell Ultrasharps, I'm really torn as I want a fast monitor but also want peace of mind knowing it will look perfect, so I'm thinking I might just stick with the slow response time and get the peace of mind Dells warranty offer at this rate.

So does anyone know if there's any faster monitors on the market offering such a good warranty and price:performance ratio?

Too bad their other warranties aren't that good.

i5 4670k @ 4.2GHz (Coolermaster Hyper 212 Evo); ASrock Z87 EXTREME4; 8GB Kingston HyperX Beast DDR3 RAM @ 2133MHz; Asus DirectCU GTX 560; Super Flower Golden King 550 Platinum PSU;1TB Seagate Barracuda;Corsair 200r case. 

8ms is not slow when your reaction time is over 200ms

NEW PC build: Blank Heaven   minimalist white and black PC     Old S340 build log "White Heaven"        The "LIGHTCANON" flashlight build log        Project AntiRoll (prototype)        Custom speaker project

Spoiler

Ryzen 3950X | AMD Vega Frontier Edition | ASUS X570 Pro WS | Corsair Vengeance LPX 64GB | NZXT H500 | Seasonic Prime Fanless TX-700 | Custom loop | Coolermaster SK630 White | Logitech MX Master 2S | Samsung 980 Pro 1TB + 970 Pro 512GB | Samsung 58" 4k TV | Scarlett 2i4 | 2x AT2020

8ms is not slow when your reaction time is over 200ms

I know but still things do get a little blurry. I've seen the difference and feel I could benefit from a lower MS monitor.

Too bad their other warranties aren't that good.

I've never had a problem with any of Dells warranties tbh, they are a brand where if you pay the money you'll get the support to match.

I've never had a problem with any of Dells warranties tbh, they are a brand where if you pay the money you'll get the support to match.

Too bad I RMA-ed a Dell product 3 times in a row and it was still broken(I RMA-ed it,and it came back still broken,so I went to RMA it again,this story repeated 3 times).After that,I went to RMA it again but the warranty only supported 3 RMA-s so there I was with my broken product...

Just personal experience.

i5 4670k @ 4.2GHz (Coolermaster Hyper 212 Evo); ASrock Z87 EXTREME4; 8GB Kingston HyperX Beast DDR3 RAM @ 2133MHz; Asus DirectCU GTX 560; Super Flower Golden King 550 Platinum PSU;1TB Seagate Barracuda;Corsair 200r case. 

Too bad I RMA-ed a Dell product 3 times in a row and it was still broken(I RMA-ed it,and it came back still broken,so I went to RMA it again,this story repeated 3 times).After that,I went to RMA it again but the warranty only supported 3 RMA-s so there I was with my broken product...

Just personal experience.

Yeah, Ive always gone for the on-site support contracts with Dell, like I said you get what you pay for, and their high end warranties paid for or included with high end products are top notch, which is why I'm so uncertain about going for another monitor brand, its a big investment and I don't wanna be left wishing I'd gone with Dell if I buy elsewhere and it has dead pixels.

Yeah, Ive always gone for the on-site support contracts with Dell, like I said you get what you pay for, and their high end warranties paid for or included with high end products are top notch, which is why I'm so uncertain about going for another monitor brand, its a big investment and I don't wanna be left wishing I'd gone with Dell if I buy elsewhere and it has dead pixels.

I think you quoted the wrong person.

My Dell's RMA was equal to 0.

I know but still things do get a little blurry. I've seen the difference and feel I could benefit from a lower MS monitor.

Response time has nothing to do with ghosting...

NEW PC build: Blank Heaven   minimalist white and black PC     Old S340 build log "White Heaven"        The "LIGHTCANON" flashlight build log        Project AntiRoll (prototype)        Custom speaker project

Spoiler

Ryzen 3950X | AMD Vega Frontier Edition | ASUS X570 Pro WS | Corsair Vengeance LPX 64GB | NZXT H500 | Seasonic Prime Fanless TX-700 | Custom loop | Coolermaster SK630 White | Logitech MX Master 2S | Samsung 980 Pro 1TB + 970 Pro 512GB | Samsung 58" 4k TV | Scarlett 2i4 | 2x AT2020

Response time has nothing to do with ghosting...

To be honest though it wasn't really what was being questioned in the original post, Ive made up my mind ideally I want a monitor with a lower response time than my current 8ms monitor, but I also want one that has a warranty as good as the ones Dell provide on their 8ms Ultrasharp monitors, what I'm really asking here is not if I should get an 8ms or 1ms monitor, but what other options are out there in terms of decent after sales support.

I just got done fixing my grandpas Dell and their support sucked and they claimed the warranty expired when it didn't

Now they don't have the part and if they can't get it within 2 weeks they will come up with a secondary solution.

Monitor Warranties ≠ System Warranties

Warranties on monitors are infinitely easier to implement, thus the reason why Dell can offer a warranty of that length.

Response time figures is miss leading. It is the speed of a pixel on the screen that change from 1 gray to another gray color. The problem is that every manufacture uses different gray colors. Let alone equipment with their own error margins. That is why, it says "g-t-g", next to the response time figure, which means gray to gray. Back in the early days, we used to have "black to white", the speed from perfect black to perfect white, and there was a hole IEEE standard surrounding it. But manufactures removed it. They removed it, because these figured looked bad, and diminished sales. The effect onto why the XBox 2, was called XBox 360, as XBox 2 would look inferior to the PS3, just because 2 < 3 even if they are different console. Or that a product is sold (at least in North America) at 99.99$ and not 100.00$. It's all psychological.

The reason why manufacture removed that figure is that they say that gray to gray represents more real world performance, and this is what maters, not the real performance of the monitor, as the chances of having moving white content on a black background (or the reverse) is little to none.

So how to know the real response time of a monitor? You have to check out real in depth monitor sites.

Based on TFTCentral, an in depth monitor site review, my monitor Dell U2410, an advertised 6ms response time monitor, claimed by Dell, has these results:

dell_u2410.jpg

Here is ASUS PA248Q monitor, also a 6ms response time monitor:

asus_pa248q.jpg

Notice how it is a bit slower then the Dell one, its competing monitor.

Guys, I'm not being funny or anything but seriously, I don't care about difference in response times or if looking for a 1ms response monitor over a 8ms one is a waste of money, I want to look at getting a faster screen and thats about it. All I want to know is if anyone knows of any brands who offer warranties similar to Dell when it comes to dead pixels, is that so much to ask?

I'm not trying to be rude or anything but its a little frustrating when you ask a question and no one actually answers it.

My apologies Zahkyto.

ASUS has the closest warranty. But you need to pay shipping. I don't know how good the service experience is. All I know is that me and friends got HORRIBLE experience for they motherboard, but that was also many years ago. I know that each departement of ASUS varies, and I am in Canada. Each country or group of country have different service experience with ASUS. I can't comment on ASUS.

ASUS has a 5 or more dead pixel with no zones and distance policy, 3 year coverage. And I think 0 bright/stuck pixel I believe, if I recall correctly. AT least for the PA and PB series monitor

Guys, I'm not being funny or anything but seriously, I don't care about difference in response times or if looking for a 1ms response monitor over a 8ms one is a waste of money, I want to look at getting a faster screen and thats about it. All I want to know is if anyone knows of any brands who offer warranties similar to Dell when it comes to dead pixels, is that so much to ask?

I'm not trying to be rude or anything but its a little frustrating when you ask a question and no one actually answers it.

AFAIK if you buy from somewhere like Amazon and your product is broken or fails sometime then you return it via amazon, not directly to Dell.

I've heard mostly good things about Dell CS, though, and Asus supposedly has pretty poor UK CS.