Fake Xbox 360 Controller

Hi, my friend recently bought a new 360 Controller to play PC games on couch <_< , but when I went & looked, I was really surprised by how different it was. I bought mine for like 3 years ago, I do not know if Microsoft downgraded their controller or this indeed is fake.

I have uploaded some pictures of it. There you will see some noticeable differences like the Light in middle is different, it is more brighter & lit the hole corner. & also it has no usb adapter. Since microsoft site doesn't support product registration by Serial Code there is no way to know of its authenticity.

So, if anyone can shed some light on this matter then it would be much appreciated. Thanks. & sorry for my bad English.

post-96943-0-02685600-1407251191.jpgpost-96943-0-80789400-1407251195.jpgpost-96943-0-21389800-1407251200.jpgpost-96943-0-71985500-1407251202.jpg

It might just be a faulty light. I have a wireless xbox controller, but that sticker seems really sketchy, and that controller doesn't look new at all.

Where'd you get it from?

The label on the back of mine is black.

The sticker on my and all I know controllers are black + the stickers are not align. Also the light is not right :) Properly a fake one. But can't say if it changes from diffrent countries.

I'm pretty sure that it's a fake controller. is it me or is the Xbox logo on the guide button offset? Also I have never seen a controller that had guide button lights like that. No original controller would have a AIM sticker or whatever that sticker is on the top right in one of your pictures

It might just be a faulty light. I have a wireless xbox controller, but that sticker seems really sketchy, and that controller doesn't look new at all.

no actually I checked on couple of these both have same lighting, & no its new.. I can upload pics the package too tomorrow may be.

Sticker throws a red flag. My friend's is black.

EDIT: And the light is way to spread out.

Main rig on profile

VAULT - File Server

Spoiler

Intel Core i5 11400 w/ Shadow Rock LP, 2x16GB SP GAMING 3200MHz CL16, ASUS PRIME Z590-A, 2x LSI 9211-8i, Fractal Define 7, 256GB Team MP33, 3x 6TB WD Red Pro (general storage), 3x 1TB Seagate Barracuda (dumping ground), 3x 8TB WD White-Label (Plex) (all 3 arrays in their respective Windows Parity storage spaces), Corsair RM750x, Windows 11 Education

Sleeper HP Pavilion A6137C

Spoiler

Intel Core i7 6700K @ 4.4GHz, 4x8GB G.SKILL Ares 1800MHz CL10, ASUS Z170M-E D3, 128GB Team MP33, 1TB Seagate Barracuda, 320GB Samsung Spinpoint (for video capture), MSI GTX 970 100ME, EVGA 650G1, Windows 10 Pro

Mac Mini (Late 2020)

Spoiler

Apple M1, 8GB RAM, 256GB, macOS Sonoma

Consoles: Softmodded 1.4 Xbox w/ 500GB HDD, Xbox 360 Elite 120GB Falcon, XB1X w/2TB MX500, Xbox Series X, PS1 1001, PS2 Slim 70000 w/ FreeMcBoot, PS4 Pro 7015B 1TB (retired), PS5 Digital, Nintendo Switch OLED, Nintendo Wii RVL-001 (black)

I'm pretty sure that that is a fake controller. is it me or is the Xbox logo on the guide button offset? Also I have never seen a controller that had guide button lights like that. no original controller would have a AIM sticker or whatever that sticker is on the top right in one of your pictures

exactly my thoughts.. :unsure:

Where'd you get it from?

The label on the back of mine is black.

& Mine also has a black logo on the back. he bought it from a Local Store, I am from India, here there is a poplar site called flipkart & they are also selling these.

And that shiny microsoft sticker is silver on mine... not multi color.

Where did you buy it from? If it was online could you provide us with a link?

he bought it from a Local Store, I am from India, here there is a poplar site called flipkart & they are also selling these.

And that shiny microsoft sticker is silver on mine... not multi color.

I lost that sticker on my controller.. :P

It looks perfectly normal to me.

I wish u could get a hands on experience :wub:  

& Mine also has a black logo on the back. he bought it from a Local Store, I am from India, here there is a poplar site called flipkart & they are also selling these.

Probably is a fake Chinese.

Where did you buy it from? If it was online could you provide us with a link?

he bought it from a Local Store, I am from India, here there is a poplar site called flipkart & they are also selling these.

Probably is a fake Chinese.

yea I also had that same Idea. But if its a Chinese then its a really close replica, I played couple of games with it, ran pretty well.

I don't know, I have the same controller and it came in a Microsoft box... At least it was labeled that way. And that's exactly the same but doesn't fell bad in any way, I think I may have the box. Need to look around a little.

Humpty Dumpty was pushed.

I don't know, I have the same controller and it came in a Microsoft box... At least it was labeled that way. And that's exactly the same but doesn't fell bad in any way, I think I may have the box. Need to look around a little.

did u get any driver cd with the package ?

This is fake I have this controller and the sticker on the back is black and the cable unplugs at the usb end to reveal a original xbox connecter also the lights are wrong on yours like you said the whole section lights up.

Gaming Rig:CPU: Xeon E3-1230 v2¦RAM: 16GB DDR3 Balistix 1600Mhz¦MB: MSI Z77A-G43¦HDD: 480GB SSD, 3.5TB HDDs¦GPU: AMD Radeon VII¦PSU: FSP 700W¦Case: Carbide 300R

Totally fake. Even if the box was Microsoft, it's still fake, also the box was fake.

If you paid less than 20$ then it's okay.

OS: Windows 10 - Kubuntu 15.10 - Mac OSX El Capitan  CPU: i7 4790 @ 4.00GHz  MOBO: AsRock H97M Pro4  RAM: 4x 8GB Kingston HyperX @ 1866MHz  GPU: VTX3D R9-280 X-Edition  CASE: iTek Spacebox w/ Arctic Fans  PSU: Corsair X750M  SSD: 250GB Samsung 840 Evo  HDD: 3TB Western Digital WD30EZRX  DISPLAY: 3x Acer P193W  MOUSE: 5$ Chinese  TOUCHPAD: Logitech T650 Touchpad  KEYBOARD: Perixx Px-5200 w/Mx-Blues

did u get any driver cd with the package ?

Nope..

I paid $22 for it though.

Humpty Dumpty was pushed.