What do you want in a 790?

Lets discuss what we each want in the gtx 790 personally i don't want it to be underclocked and I'm fine if it is a huge card (longer) i want 6gb of ram for each gpu yes a total of 12gb for the entire card oh ya what do you all think.

Lets discuss what we each want in the gtx 790 personally i don't want it to be underclocked and I'm fine if it is a huge card (longer) i want 6gb of ram for each gpu yes a total of 12gb for the entire card oh ya what do you all think.

That would be awesome, but probably unlikely. Even if they did do it, it would cost way to much, and wouldn't be worth it. I'd be fine with 3gb of ram for each GPU, but if you really want that much RAM, so you can do surround monitors, go with a Titan. 

Yea they thing is i would but it in with an pcie ssd near it and i want both running at 16x so the two with 6 would be great.

i think its an amazing idea but that would either be a HUGE card and you would need a case that supports really really long graphics cards or they would have to have some really high density vram onboard, either way to pull that off and not underclock the gpu's at all, the price would be insane, way over what the 690 was. personally i think 3 or 4gb per gpu is the sweet spot 6 seems overboard though i dont care for surround gaming i just downsample from really high resolutions. if they fallow the same formula they did for the 690 i think the 790 will be awesome regardless of vram or clock speeds.

I am in dream world here by the way do we have anyone from nvidia at the forum? If yes slip this idea to the dev team and lets be honest it will be 1000 + and all their high end cards get impractical it would be something to smear in the face of amd as well.

i think its an amazing idea but that would either be a HUGE card and you would need a case that supports really really long graphics cards or they would have to have some really high density vram onboard, either way to pull that off and not underclock the gpu's at all, the price would be insane, way over what the 690 was. personally i think 3 or 4gb per gpu is the sweet spot 6 seems overboard though i dont care for surround gaming i just downsample from really high resolutions. if they fallow the same formula they did for the 690 i think the 790 will be awesome regardless of vram or clock speeds.

long is fine we have the 900d now and it will be expensive but it would be just so awesome 

I am in dream world here by the way do we have anyone from nvidia at the forum? If yes slip this idea to the dev team and lets be honest it will be 1000 + and all their high end cards get impractical it would be something to smear in the face of amd as well.

i have to agree, large amounts of vram and brute force gpu power seems to be amd's way and its been winning out over nvidia lately, the 7970 has been doing extremely well againts the 680 of late which kind of saddens me a bit

i have to agree, large amounts of vram and brute force gpu power seems to be amd's way and its been winning out over nvidia lately, the 7970 has been doing extremely well againts the 680 of late which kind of saddens me a bit

amd has always had many ports on their cards too what if nvidia did that letting you have like 6 displays 12gigs of ram you support that.

long is fine we have the 900d now and it will be expensive but it would be just so awesome 

It would be amazing, but coming from a practicality standpoint, not many people would buy it. I saw somewhere that the titan outsold all of 690's sales in two months. Nvidia thinks about sales and profit, and designs their cards accordingly. 

amd has always had many ports on their cards too what id nvidia did that letting you have like 6 displays 12gigs of ram you support that.

yeah amd has a winning formula for multi monitor display :) and as for the dual pcb thing, did you mean the gtx 295 from years back?

yeah amd has a winning formula for multi monitor display :) and as for the dual pcb thing, did you mean the gtx 295 from years back?

that and there have been a few others

Do I want a 790? Nope, not need IMHO, and I wouldn't notice the difference between that and something like a 7970, or 680 or 770 etc.

15" MBP TB

AMD 5800X | Gigabyte Aorus Master | EVGA 2060 KO Ultra | Define 7 || Blade Server: Intel 3570k | GD65 | Corsair C70 | 13TB

that and there have been a few others

true, thats the first that came to mind for me though cause i have one mounted on my wall lol

I don't think there is gonna be a 790. 780 is already close to the Titan so next would be 8xx series.

"Save the cheerleader, save the world- Hiro Nakamura

The hero LinusTechTips forum deserves, but not the one it needs.

That is awesome see i was about 11 at the time so I was more learning html than doing hardware.

the titan is just a stave off card

That is awesome see i was about 11 at the time so I was more learning html than doing hardware.

They usually have a dual gpu card in each series and the 690 needs a replacer the titan is not better than 690.

I would like at least 4gb vram, very good scaling and efficiency. 

It'll probably be 2 gtx 780's on the same card with 6gb ram (3gb each gpu)

PC Builder, Engineer... BACON    Project Cobalt: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/38058-project-cobalt-copper-piping-laser-etching-and-more/#entry489258

| NZXT Switch 810 | i5-3570k | gigabyte UD-5H | Corsair Vengeance 8gb ram | GTX 670 | 2x 60gb intel 330 series ssd's in raid 0 | 1tb seagate barracuda hdd | Corsair tx750m | XSPC razor GPU and CPU waterblocks | XSPC d5 vario pump | Thermochill Pa140.3 | phoyba 280mm radiator | Chromed Copper tubing |

It to be cheap. Like cheese burger cheap.

Life is pain. Anyone who says any different is either selling something or the government.

----CPU: FX-6300 @ 4.2ghz----COOLER: Hyper 212 EVO----MOBO: MSI 970A-G46----PSU: OCZ 600watt----CASE: Black Corsair C70----GPU: Sapphire 7870 dual fan ghz edtion----2 random HDD'S----A couple fans here and there. Mouse: Gigabyte M6900-------Keyboard: Logitech G105-----Mousepad: Steel series something something.

It'll probably be 2 gtx 780's on the same card with 6gb ram (3gb each gpu)

Its going to be this..

My Best 2013 Bitfenix Prodigy Build  Case: Bitfenix Prodigy White | Motherboard: ASRock Z77E-ITX | CPU: Intel i7 3770k | CPU Cooler: H100i | GPU: GTX 690

Fan Controller: Bitfenix Recon | Ram: Patriot IEM 16GB @ 1600mhz | Primary Storage: 2 x Samsung 840 Pro 256GB | Backup Drives: 2 x Seagate Barracuda 2TB | PSU: Seasonic X850

I don't think there is gonna be a 790. 780 is already close to the Titan

So what?

"It pays to keep an open mind, but not so open your brain falls out." - Carl Sagan.

"I can explain it to you, but I can't understand it for you" - Edward I. Koch

I'm not sure if I see them putting out a 790. Apart from the physical limitation of such a card, well, the price point.

So what?

So Titan is like the flagship so they want a special place for it, and will go right to 8xx. At least that's what I think. Personal opinion you know?

"Save the cheerleader, save the world- Hiro Nakamura

The hero LinusTechTips forum deserves, but not the one it needs.