Also, CAN SOMEONE PLEASE SEND A LINK TO WHERE I CAN BUY ONE OF THESE FOR THE GALAXY S4 IN THE US WITHOUT SPENDING 78$.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

I recently purchased this and it's amazing. Was so easy to install. I'm currently waiting a call back from them about their "lifetime warranty". It doesn't say anything on their website and I recently just cracked it. My iPhone 5C fell onto the carpet but must of hit my Xbox controller. There was a slight crack/scratch on the edge of the screen (the protector, not the screen). To make sure I removed the protector and now there is a crack line on the screen protector. But, they don't lie as I reapplied the screen protector and it went on as if it was brand new.

He says that it states "it's easy to apply but very difficult to take off and in reality I found it really was easy to apply and take off".

Something that I'd find really important for something like this, is it too easy to take off? From normal use would it ever slip to a slightly different position? Would it somehow be possible to shift it while it was in your pocket?

I know this may sound a bit like paranoia xD but I'd like it to stay where I tell it to be

It wouldn't move once applied. You have to sort of peel the screen protector off, which is a bit hard. When I took mine off to see if the screen was cracked, it was hard to take off. Maybe if the screen protector is a bit off the edge of the screen then it could come off if something catches it. I would just buy it and see how it goes for you. For me, it never moved unless I removed it. Re-applying it is easy as pie and stays on as if it was brand new.

• 4 weeks later...

Does anyone have the phantom glass that Linus reviewed? (Yes I have watched it) what do you guys think of it if you have it? Also you guys got any good ideas to get rid of dents and scratches in an S5?

Follow the topics you create using the "Follow" button in the top right corner!

One day I will have my GTX 970. One day. PC specs are at my profile.

Not sure how to check what part works with what? Check out my compatibility guide!

I don't think it will get rid of dents on your phone screen... BUT I got it for my iPhone 6 Plus, It didn't have any scratches but it's crystal clear and feels just like the regular glass of the phone. And, I used it on a scratched S5 on a friends of mine, and they were no longer visible.

I don't think it will get rid of dents on your phone screen... BUT I got it for my iPhone 6 Plus, It didn't have any scratches but it's crystal clear and feels just like the regular glass of the phone. And, I used it on a scratched S5 on a friends of mine, and they were no longer visible.

OK the dents were a separate issue by the way, and how scratched was that phone? I have a visible scratch probably a centimeter long by a millimeter wide and at least half a dozen microscratches...

Edit: does the glass fill in scratches even after removal? Or am I just dreaming?

And how well does it prevent scratches?

Follow the topics you create using the "Follow" button in the top right corner!

One day I will have my GTX 970. One day. PC specs are at my profile.

Not sure how to check what part works with what? Check out my compatibility guide!

• 3 weeks later...

Where would an individual living in the British Isles purchase such a thing? 

Damn, these are expensive. I want to see some drop tests with a cheap iphone 4 or something to see how this compares to other brands and cheap ones you get on ebay.

• 3 weeks later...

Damn, these are expensive. I want to see some drop tests with a cheap iphone 4 or something to see how this compares to other brands and cheap ones you get on ebay.

A layer on your phone glass won't keep it from breaking. Does a bandaid keep your arm from breaking?

A layer on your phone glass won't keep it from breaking. Does a bandaid keep your arm from breaking?

I would want to say that it would protect it a little more than nothing. The Phantom Glass could absorb some of the impact.

I would want to say that it would protect it a little more than nothing. The Phantom Glass could absorb some of the impact.

Yes I agree, but i am referring to the protection from this brand vs a generic one like you find on ebay. To see if the price difference is worth it. 

• 3 weeks later...

I've made plenty of my purchases based on Linustechtips ... i live in the US and my initial customer service experience was great .... couldn't find a phantom glass for a phone .. and the ones i could find were in Canada but wouldn't ship to the US ... they even gave me an alternate website to make my purchases that apparently they give to media/pr ... the rep even said that they do next day air shipping to the US from the site .... i spent almost $90 .. received prompt order confirmation and even an email saying my item was shipped.... with no tracking number... that was on december 15 ..... i tried to contact the rep and directly through their website customer service multiple times before the holiday because i  was giving them as christmas presents and still have not received an email back from the company or the rep that directed me to the site or from the customer service ... is it customary for Canadian companies that do online retail not to have a customer service telephone number ? and only deal with customer service issues through email ? I personally don't know .... but im stuck with a hole in my pocket ... and no answers .... can anyone help ? 

just as an update and to be fair .... i made a huge stink about my situation.... i finally got in touch with the original rep and also received an email from Richard Waters the president's iphone .... they're refunding my shipping cost and gave me a 20% discount off my purchase .... great follow up for a lot of aggravation ... i understand the pressures of retail during the holidays but as a company should be aware of the upcoming shopping seasons ... otherwise thanks phantom glass for at least reconciling the issue to my satisfaction

I bought it for my nexus 5, and loved it, but only for about an hour. Then I bumped my phone from my desk to keyboard drawer (About a 6 cm drop) and it chipped. I requested a new one, and they promptly replied, and sent me a second unit. Which lasted less than a month, without being dropped, again chipping from the outside and cracked. While I didn't bother to request another screen protector I'm fairly certain that they would provide one.

So here are my thoughts on phantom glass: what is the point of this screen protector? I bought one so I wouldn't need a case for my phone (I couldn't find one that I liked for the nexus 5) however it seems like you would need a case on your phone for this to last, and if it did than it is certainly nicer than a plastic screen protector. There are already other glass screen protectors available for significantly less money; and if these don't tend to last (as was my experience) than you're paying a large premium for a warranty. 

Overall I like the company, they're Canadian (yay) and small enough that I got prompt responses from their COO over the weekend: a very pleasant experience. As I previously stated I'm sure they would send a third unit if i requested it, but I don't really want it. It came down to this: if I have to be more careful with my phone while using this to keep it from chipping, than its not providing ease of mind.

So for the same price it would cost me to get a new screen, i can buy more gorilla glass and slap it on?

Not all phone screens cost $50 CAD to replace. Hell, the iPhone 6 screen probably costs $100+ to get replaced from a 3rd party company. My iPhone 5C's screen still costs $60-80 to fix as I checked, at least in my area.

The screen protector does what it is made to do, protect it from drops (not all drops of course) and scratches. I'm currently on my 4th replacement protector in 3-4 months, but only because I show people this screen protector. I sometimes hit it a bit harder than I should but that's my fault. And, when it does crack/chip, I take it off and show them that my screen isn't broken. But, now I'm done showing people it and not abusing my screen protector.

• 2 weeks later...

Any word on getting Phantom Glass for the LG G Flex 2? After seeing your CES video I want one when it comes out but I also want to protect my screen.

Any word on getting Phantom Glass for the LG G Flex 2? After seeing your CES video I want one when it comes out but I also want to protect my screen.

I've yet to see Phantom Glass for my LG G2 (not likely at this point), maybe you will have better luck than me with the Flex 2.  :)

R9 3900XT | Tomahawk B550 | Ventus OC RTX 3090 | Photon 1050W | 32GB DDR4 | TUF GT501 Case | Vizio 4K 50'' HDR

So basically, all we proved here is that Phantom glass is virtually indestructible, which basically means that Gorilla glass 3 is virtually indestructible because it is made of the same material. So tell me WHY THE HECK I would need to buy a screen protector to protect the screen that is already indestructible. No one in their right minds would put their phones through what Linus and Luke did in their demonstration of how tough the protector is. No one is going to hit their phone against Austins erect nipple. So basically, no one should need Phantom glass. If you have a phone with Gorilla glass (1, 2, or 3), your phone is safe.

PC Specs

Asus Rampage IV Extreme | Intel i7 3930K @ 4.7GHz | Corsair Vengeance 1600MHz 32GB (8x4GB) | MSI GTX 980 +200MHz +200MHz | Corsair HX1050i PSU

Corsair Force 120GB SSD | Western Digital 2TB Green HDD | Corsair Carbide 500R Midtower | Random DVD Burner | Corsair H100 for CPU