80fps to 30 in BF4 w/ newest driver update

Jdogbf

Anyone have/know of a fix for this problem with the newest Nvidia drivers? I have a 750ti, windows 8.1 and the rest is in my signature. It feels really crappy playing at 30 fps again... :P

My PC Spec:

CPU: Intel i7-8700k @ 3.7GHz, Motherboard: , Memory: 16gb , Storage: , Storage: Crucial BX100 250GB, Storage: Seagate Barracuda 3TB 3.5" 7200RPM, Video Card: EVGA GeForce GTX 970 SC(x2), Case: Corsair C70 Green, Power Supply: EVGA SuperNOVA NEX750G GOLD, Operating System: Windows 8.1, CPU Cooler: CORSAIR Hydro Series H100, Optical Drive: LG Internal Super Multi Drive

Just go back to the last driver. They should fix it soon and 30fps is fine to play. It'll just be like playing on a console :P

Just go back to the last driver

Spoiler

i5 4670k, GTX 970, 12GB 1600, 120GB SSD, 240GB SDD, 1TB HDD, CM Storm Quickfire TK, G502, VG248QE, ATH M40x, Fractal R4

Spoiler

i5 4278U, Intel Iris Graphics, 8GB 1600, 128GB SSD, 2560x1600 IPS display, Mid-2014 Model

Spoiler

All the parts are here, just need to get customized cords to connect the motherboard to the front panel.

Just go back to the last driver. They should fix it soon and 30fps is fine to play. It'll just be like playing on a console :P

I went back one driver and it stayed the same. And my shadowplay is not working now... D:

I will try again though....

My PC Spec:

CPU: Intel i7-8700k @ 3.7GHz, Motherboard: , Memory: 16gb , Storage: , Storage: Crucial BX100 250GB, Storage: Seagate Barracuda 3TB 3.5" 7200RPM, Video Card: EVGA GeForce GTX 970 SC(x2), Case: Corsair C70 Green, Power Supply: EVGA SuperNOVA NEX750G GOLD, Operating System: Windows 8.1, CPU Cooler: CORSAIR Hydro Series H100, Optical Drive: LG Internal Super Multi Drive

I went back one driver and it stayed the same. And my shadowplay is not working now... D:

My friend had a similar issue with BF3. Moving back a driver also, did not help :/

Feel free to message me if you want to chat!

Um, did you do a clean install? 

Humpty Dumpty was pushed.

*puts on tinfoil hat*

EA is nerfing BF3 to force players to move to BF4 and hype Hardline

*takes off tinfoil hat*

Hey, at least it's not as bad as what I experienced..

45fps drop to 3fps because fuck me. Still have no clear idea why this happened...

It's a known issue after the latest DLC. Probably it's going to be fixed after the next patch. 

*puts on tinfoil hat*

*takes off tinfoil hat*

45fps drop to 3fps because fuck me. Still have no clear idea why this happened...

i wouldnt remove your protective hat,because your speaking the truth!

Um, did you do a clean install? 

Yes.

*puts on tinfoil hat*

*takes off tinfoil hat*

My BF3 game for a few updates have now been only running at 3 fps. I gave up on that game. :P BF4 right now is like Vsync is on, and is locked at 30. it fluctuates from 27 to 31fps. :P

My PC Spec:

Yes.

My BF3 game for a few updates have now been only running at 3 fps. I gave up on that game. :P BF4 right now is like Vsync is on, and is locked at 30. it fluctuates from 27 to 31fps. :P

Shall we start a thread? I'd like to see how many of us experience the drop in performance (and hopefully make it to the WAN Show)

Shall we start a thread? I'd like to see how many of us experience the drop in performance (and hopefully make it to the WAN Show)

There we goes. http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/191208-performace-drops-in-bf34/ :D

My PC Spec:

So I did a bit of testing, It accually seems to be the game, not my drivers... Welp. Time to wait for a patch.

My PC Spec: