[RANT] Racism present in modern society

NeatSquidYT

Jokes aside, i have french foreign exchange students stay at my place for a couple weeks at a time, they're generally nice, and they're teenage girls. :P

A little rapey. 

Believing stereotypical jokes to be true isn't racism. Believing a race is somehow inferior or superior based on those stereotypical jokes would be.

A little rapey. 

Age of consent is 16 in the UK mate. ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

Srsly though, i don't cross that line, i mainly have them because i used to visit France as a kid with my dad, and i lost him in the new year due to cancer. Brings back memories being able to chat with them, and show them a bit of ol' Blighty.

Shot through the heart and you're to blame, 30fps and i'll pirate your game - Bon Jovi

Take me down to the console city where the games are blurry and the frames are thirty - Guns N' Roses

Arguing with religious people is like explaining to your mother that online games can't be paused...

For my own part, I can only talk from experience.

I never harbored any "racist" tendencies or thoughts at the beginning of my life, and then I went to a high school that was 90% black (african american, whatever you want to call it), and got called cracker every day for 3 years (before I got my GED and left that shit hole). Not to mention threatened, beaten, and generally bullied for the color of my skin. I don't consider myself to be racist however, I don't consider it "racist" to group people based upon a trait they share, such as skin color. To me, racism is saying that someone is the way they are because of the color of their skin.

The biggest problem I see these days is that so called "anti racism" has become "hate whitey" instead. For instance, college professors pushing this belief in the existence of "white privilege" and the like.

Now people will say "aww poor you, my people have been suffering for (insert X amount of years)". The problem is that we continue to look at it like that. Just because your people suffered for however many years, doesn't give you any special rights, or the right to make someone else suffer based on their race either. Part of the fight against racism, is not to go around accusing everyone of racism just because you don't get your way (which is what happens these days). Unless you can actually prove racism, then don't claim to be the victim of it.

Ketchup is better than mustard.

GUI is better than Command Line Interface.

Dubs are better than subs

Not the only one.

Ehe.

Not really.I just don't like some of them.

I mean,they think of all Romanians as Gypsies for some reason.Maybe not all of them,but they do.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=J1FCUmnV7bQ

Here's the French's view on the Romanian salute, which they portray as begging.

Heck,they discovered a dinosaur who lived on stealing,who was a relative to another dinosaur species in Romania and they called him..."the gypsy dinosaur".Or something pretty close to that.

The French are racist people.

Don't mind them, they are "French" known as the ugliest and the nastiest people of Europe.. i'm mentioning the minority like these creatures   ;)

Age of consent is 16 in the UK mate. ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

Srsly though, i don't cross that line, i mainly have them because i used to visit France as a kid with my dad, and i lost him in the new year due to cancer. Brings back memories being able to chat with them, and show them a bit of ol' Blighty.

I was just joking, i have had a few austrian exchange students.. I have also been an exchange student there too. 

I was just joking, i have had a few austrian exchange students.. I have also been an exchange student there too. 

Aye, i know :P I'm considering trying out having Spanish exchange students, they're meant to be more friendly.

Shot through the heart and you're to blame, 30fps and i'll pirate your game - Bon Jovi

Take me down to the console city where the games are blurry and the frames are thirty - Guns N' Roses

Arguing with religious people is like explaining to your mother that online games can't be paused...

If you want to get away with racism, just label them as terrorists as well.

Imma put this out there.

mixed race kids look better

deal with it

I am impelled not to squeak like a grateful and frightened mouse, but to roar...

yay this is like the rant about the use of homophobic slurs thread. Rock on OP!

Well to start off with stereotypes, I love making fun of Americans. Of course it's not right, but it's funny. Yes, I live in America and I've seen spray-tanned soccer moms and assault rifle stickers on the backs of cars with the words "Try to take it from me."  To be honest, a LOT of Americans are like that. Many black/white/asian/middle-eastern/hispanic/indian people are not like the stereotypes that people think of with their race. Not all black people like fried chicken, not all asians are bad drivers, not all middle-easterners are radical followers of their religion. Some people think of these stereotypes and instantly formulate someone's personality based on the amount of melanin in their skin, but in today's youth I don't see too much of it. This new generation is more open-minded and liberal, so when the old generations start dying out racism will go down a lot. The sad thing is, it will always be there. I know that's not what you wanted to hear; I didn't want to hear "deal with it" in my anti-homophobic slurs thread. But really you have to wait for these people to die out, or you can move to a very accepting community.

Spoiler

i5 4670k, GTX 970, 12GB 1600, 120GB SSD, 240GB SDD, 1TB HDD, CM Storm Quickfire TK, G502, VG248QE, ATH M40x, Fractal R4

Spoiler

i5 4278U, Intel Iris Graphics, 8GB 1600, 128GB SSD, 2560x1600 IPS display, Mid-2014 Model

Spoiler

All the parts are here, just need to get customized cords to connect the motherboard to the front panel.

The biggest problem I see these days is that so called "anti racism" has become "hate whitey" instead. For instance, college professors pushing this belief in the existence of "white privilege" and the like.

Now people will say "aww poor you, my people have been suffering for (insert X amount of years)". The problem is that we continue to look at it like that. Just because your people suffered for however many years, doesn't give you any special rights, or the right to make someone else suffer based on their race either. Part of the fight against racism, is not to go around accusing everyone of racism just because you don't get your way (which is what happens these days). Unless you can actually prove racism, then don't claim to be the victim of it.

Tumblr would like to have a veeeeeeeeeeeeery long talk with you. Or they'll tell you to jump in a lake of fire.

I grew up near or otherwise around the border of Mexico and got called gringo, with any girl who was remotely white getting called guera, and the usual cracker/whitey/chalk boy. Chalk boy was a new one. Still I was terrified to call them anything besides their names because that was not a good neighborhood I was in, and white people looked forward, minded their own business and didn't leave the house at night. Strangely I miss that place, must be Stockholm syndrome.

My previous 4P Folding & current Personal Rig

I once was a poor man, but then I found a crown.

If I remember in U.S history, only 3% of Africans were actually slaves. Even less than that were slave owners. On top of that pretty much all races have been in salacity at some time and most have enslaved others.

My Computer

Beef Cake

Intel i5 4690k @ 3.5GHz - EVGA 970 FTW - ASRock Z97 Extreme3 - Kingston HyperX Fury 8Gb 1866MHz - 120GB Samsung Evo - 1TB Toshiba Drive - 320GB Samsung Barracuda - Corsair 500M

If I remember in U.S history, only 3% of Africans were actually slaves. Even less than that were slave owners. On top of that pretty much all races have been in salacity at some time and most have enslaved others.

Lol what?
You can't be serious.  Hyperthreading is a market joke?

, I'm not saying black people shouldn't like chicken due to this stereotype, 

I understand what you were trying to say here but this statement made me laugh and i am still laughing as i type this. If you want to know why just watch any of Dave Chappelle's stand up comedy. He too was discussing racism from one of his encounters and made a joke of it, he said that "he was shocked when he found out that he(Dave Chappelle and all black people for that matter) was genetically predisposed to liking chicken" Dave Chapelle is number 3 on my best comedians list...Redd Fox is number one and Johnny Carson is number two....anyhoo....this is one of the problems that will exist as long as there are humans, we all just have to deal with it.

Most racism is done out of a person repeating something they heard their family or friends or someone they look up to say. Like in gaming you kill some one and they think that saying you Nigger or Faggot will insult you to the level they felt when they died in the game, it is also present in almost all sports to try to throw the opposing team's player off concentration on the game. Racism is not just between black and white and white and asian it is also between white and white, black and black, asian and asian and east indian and east indian. As a person of all of those races i have heard from family and friends of this and to tell you the truth it is very funny to see it in action. Like when a white person from say beverly hills would call a white person from Arkansas a hill billy or like when a poor black person will see another black person going to a school that maybe predominantly white "uppity". On the east indian side those with lighter skin will call a east indian with darker skin a "bush coolie" and on the asian side some of them can't have children for another type because they are looked at as a lower cast.

This problem won't go away any time soon but what you can do is not participate in racism and teach your children the same values and teach your children to teach theirs the same thing.

Rasicm 

Man/youth/boy/infant use spell check what the hell is "Rasicm" Racism(spelt correctly) is something and it is hurtful but this is life and there bad sides to everything(meaning life).

I'm racist against racist people

This made me lol but is just not possible as a racist is not a race.

Making jokes about stereotypes is not racism.

+1

A water-cooled mid-tier gaming PC.

People who are natively french, yes, but people who have immigrated to France and are not technically french, no.

"French" Isn't a race, it's a nationality.

White european is a race, but french isnt

Edit: Also this thread seems to be forgetting that over 1 million white europeans were enslaved in africa! Every time i see someone with african blood i should shame them for what they did to my ancestors!

Oh wait, that would be stupid...

Specs: 4790k | Asus Z-97 Pro Wifi | MX100 512GB SSD | NZXT H440 Plastidipped Black | Dark Rock 3 CPU Cooler | MSI 290x Lightning | EVGA 850 G2 | 3x Noctua Industrial NF-F12's

Bought a powermac G5, expect a mod log sometime in 2015

Corsair is overrated, and Anime is ruined by the people who watch it

there bad sides to everything(meaning life).

oh shut up, yeah my spelling has loads to do with racism doesn't it.    Also learn to use commas.+ its "there are bad sides" *

Don't have a jab at someone for their spelling and grammar if yours isn't perfect.

CPU: i7 3770k@ 4.6Ghz@ 1.23v - GPU: Palit GTX 660ti - MOBO: Asrock Extreme 4 - RAM: Corsair vengeance 8GB 1600Mhz - PSU: OCZ 650watt - STORAGE: 128Gb corsair force GT SSD/ 1TB seagate barracuda 7200rpm

COOLING: NH-U14s/ 3x Noiseblocker blacksilent pros/ Silverstone Air Penetrator/ 2 corsair AF120s

oh shut up, yeah my spelling has loads to do with racism doesn't it.    Also learn to use commas.+ its "there are bad sides" *

Don't have a jab at someone for their spelling and grammar if yours isn't perfect.

:D you have spelling and grammar issues and this should have been checked in school, i have typographical errors which is very common which means mine is perfect :D . Don't throw a hissy fit  :P

"French" Isn't a race, it's a nationality.

White european is a race, but french isnt

Edit: Also this thread seems to be forgetting that over 1 million white europeans were enslaved in africa! Every time i see someone with african blood i should shame them for what they did to my ancestors!

Oh wait, that would be stupid...

:lol:  :lol:  :lol:  :lol:

:D you have spelling and grammar issues and this should have been checked in school, i have typographical errors which is very common which means mine is perfect :D . Don't throw a hissy fit  :P

"you have spelling and grammar issues and this should have been checked in school"  You are making it sound like I have down syndrome, because I spelt 1 word wrongly. Also not using commas is not a typographical mistake, its just being careless, I mean " typographical errors which is very common which means mine is perfect "  look at that! its hard to read.  And yeah I'll throw a hissy fit because it pisses me off when people being spelling into something completely unrelated. Seriously  saying "what the hell is "Rasicm"  You were just being pedantic. 

CPU: i7 3770k@ 4.6Ghz@ 1.23v - GPU: Palit GTX 660ti - MOBO: Asrock Extreme 4 - RAM: Corsair vengeance 8GB 1600Mhz - PSU: OCZ 650watt - STORAGE: 128Gb corsair force GT SSD/ 1TB seagate barracuda 7200rpm

COOLING: NH-U14s/ 3x Noiseblocker blacksilent pros/ Silverstone Air Penetrator/ 2 corsair AF120s

Just joking lol but seriously Let people do whatever they like.

im arab and i like to pretend that i'm a terrorist

because i am

I saw that coming

"you have spelling and grammar issues and this should have been checked in school"  You are making it sound like I have down syndrome, because I spelt 1 word wrongly. Also not using commas is not a typographical mistake, its just being careless, I mean " typographical errors which is very common which means mine is perfect "  look at that! its hard to read.  And yeah I'll throw a hissy fit because it pisses me off when people being spelling into something completely unrelated. Seriously  saying "what the hell is "Rasicm"  You were just being pedantic. 

Listen James May just cut it out right this very instant!

Don't be so uptight i was just joking.

Listen James May just cut it out right this very instant!

Don't be so uptight i was just joking.

If you're gonna make a joke, make it an obvious one. I can't hear the sarcasm in your voice through a monitor.

If you're gonna make a joke, make it an obvious one. I can't hear the sarcasm in your voice through a monitor.

sarcasm is not the only way to make a joke fella...... you guys take social media way to seriously.

sarcasm is not the only way to make a joke fella...... you guys take social media way to seriously.

come on,  it was clearly not a joke, and even if it was, who makes a joke about spelling? Yes if it was a stupid mistake like spelling knife "nife" fair enough. But it wasn't, I mixed 2 letters up, but you could read what it said anyway.   I don't usually take social media this seriously, but as I said, it pisses me off when people try and use something as trivial is a spelling mistake, to make his point stronger, then try and pull it off as a joke. jokes are supposed to be funny you know?

come on,  it was clearly not a joke, and even if it was, who makes a joke about spelling? Yes if it was a stupid mistake like spelling knife "nife" fair enough. But it wasn't, I mixed 2 letters up, but you could read what it said anyway.   I don't usually take social media this seriously, but as I said, it pisses me off when people try and use something as trivial is a spelling mistake, to make his point stronger, then try and pull it off as a joke. jokes are supposed to be funny you know?

but i didn't use the spelling fail as a way to make my point stronger, i just added the spelling fail before i made my point and i eve corrected the bad spelling and i did mean it as a joke, if you go back and read it you would see or we could just forget it which i think is best.  :)

haha knife as nife heh heh.