[RANT] Racism present in modern society

NeatSquidYT

Hello,

I'll start this off by saying that I am currently 13 years of age, so don't be too harsh on me about this topic that I feel very strongly about.

In the past couple of centuries, as humans, we have come a long way in the field of equality towards other people, who are of different races or sexes. For example, just a couple of hundred years ago, the Triangular Trade was in full action. This was a trade between the African coastline, to the Americas, to England and back to Africa. This was all due to racism and horrible attitudes towards black people. Slavery was abolished in America in 1865, although attitudes towards black people were still largely the same. This was up until a bill was passed by John F. Kennedy, making all races equal in the USA, largely influenced by Dr. Martin Luther King.

So, all races are equal finally, so that means the attitudes are different than they used to be? For the most part, yes! Since then, we have seen a greater rise in people who believe in this, but then there's some people still in the modern day world who see other races and countries to be inferior to their race or country. This is largely due to stupid stereotypes.

For example, a large percentage of the people in my friendship groups see Americans as stupid, lazy and fat. This is obscene, as most of their idols come from the USA. I believe that the road to equality is still not there, due to stereotypes influencing people's views. Why? The media and the internet. The media and internet LOVE stereotypes, and people advocating these stereotypes influence many people. The saddening part is that these races, groups, cultures etc. even MAKE FUN of these stereotypes. One huge example is YouTuber KSIOlajideBT. I don't care wether his family love chicken, but him shouting in every video "IM BLACK!!! KFC!" is making fun of these stereotypes. By this, I'm not saying black people shouldn't like chicken due to this stereotype, but I don't like it where people are saying that they should take advantage of this stereotype, and make it so more people believe it, thus leading to them thinking that every stereotype is true.

I have much more to say on this topic, but I feel that this post is long enough anyway. Thanks for making it to the end

eww the blacks and the whites are ewwww

My PC

[ I5 4690k (no oc) - Gigabyte Z97 D3H - 8GB Ram - Sapphire R9 280X Vapor-X ]

eww the blacks and the whites are ewwww

Please don't.

Hello,

I'll start this off by saying that I am currently 13 years of age, so don't be too harsh on me about this topic that I feel very strongly about.

In the past couple of centuries, as humans, we have come a long way in the field of equality towards other people, who are of different races or sexes. For example, just a couple of hundred years ago, the Triangular Trade was in full action. This was a trade between the African coastline, to the Americas, to England and back to Africa. This was all due to racism and horrible attitudes towards black people. Slavery was abolished in America in 1865, although attitudes towards black people were still largely the same. This was up until a bill was passed by John F. Kennedy, making all races equal in the USA, largely influenced by Dr. Martin Luther King.

So, all races are equal finally, so that means the attitudes are different than they used to be? For the most part, yes! Since then, we have seen a greater rise in people who believe in this, but then there's some people still in the modern day world who see other races and countries to be inferior to their race or country. This is largely due to stupid stereotypes.

For example, a large percentage of the people in my friendship groups see Americans as stupid, lazy and fat. This is obscene, as most of their idols come from the USA. I believe that the road to equality is still not there, due to stereotypes influencing people's views. Why? The media and the internet. The media and internet LOVE stereotypes, and people advocating these stereotypes influence many people. The saddening part is that these races, groups, cultures etc. even MAKE FUN of these stereotypes. One huge example is YouTuber KSIOlajideBT. I don't care wether his family love chicken, but him shouting in every video "IM BLACK!!! KFC!" is making fun of these stereotypes. By this, I'm not saying black people shouldn't like chicken due to this stereotype, but I don't like it where people are saying that they should take advantage of this stereotype, and make it so more people believe it, thus leading to them thinking that every stereotype is true.

I have much more to say on this topic, but I feel that this post is long enough anyway. Thanks for making it to the end

Just forget it, so what people make jokes? jokes are funny. Rasicm these days is NOTHING like it used to be, its just jokes (mostly) nowadays so I don't see any harm in it. So tbh, I think you should get over it. Be happy we don't have the slave trade anymore and leave it at that.

CPU: i7 3770k@ 4.6Ghz@ 1.23v - GPU: Palit GTX 660ti - MOBO: Asrock Extreme 4 - RAM: Corsair vengeance 8GB 1600Mhz - PSU: OCZ 650watt - STORAGE: 128Gb corsair force GT SSD/ 1TB seagate barracuda 7200rpm

COOLING: NH-U14s/ 3x Noiseblocker blacksilent pros/ Silverstone Air Penetrator/ 2 corsair AF120s

Please don't.

Just joking lol but seriously Let people do whatever they like.

im arab and i like to pretend that i'm a terrorist

because i am

My PC

[ I5 4690k (no oc) - Gigabyte Z97 D3H - 8GB Ram - Sapphire R9 280X Vapor-X ]

Just forget it, so what people make jokes? jokes are funny. Rasicm these days is NOTHING like it used to be, its just jokes (mostly) nowadays so I don't see any harm in it. 

This.

Song Of The Day: Nujabes - Battlecry

I'm racist against racist people

CPU: AMD FX-8120 | CPU Cooler: Thermaltake Contac 30 | Motherboard: GIGABYTE GA-990FXA-UD3 | Memory: Kingston 16GB (4 x 4GB) DDR3-1333 | Storage: WD 1TB | GPU: Gigabyte Radeon HD 7870 | Case: Thermaltake Chaser MK-I | PSU: Thermaltake Black Widow 850W

Just joking lol but seriously Let people do whatever they like.

im arab and i like to pretend that i'm a terrorist

because i am

DUNDUNDUNDUUUUUUUUUN

Just forget it, so what people make jokes? jokes are funny. Rasicm these days is NOTHING like it used to be, its just jokes (mostly) nowadays so I don't see any harm in it. So tbh, I think you should get over it. Be happy we don't have the slave trade anymore and leave it at that.

I've tried to take them as jokes, but some people still seriously believe in them

Racism is a normal human reaction.

How humans express their racism is different though,and that's what matters the most.Some only have thoughts, some even take actions.

There's your problem.

i5 4670k @ 4.2GHz (Coolermaster Hyper 212 Evo); ASrock Z87 EXTREME4; 8GB Kingston HyperX Beast DDR3 RAM @ 2133MHz; Asus DirectCU GTX 560; Super Flower Golden King 550 Platinum PSU;1TB Seagate Barracuda;Corsair 200r case. 

I'm racist against racist people

Doesn't that make you a racist to?

Accidentally liked, anyway, wrong. Racism is still present and it needs to go away.

Racism is a normal human reaction.

How humans express their racism is different though,and that's what matters the most.Some only have thoughts, some even take actions.

I don't massively care what people may think, I just think that this evolution of racial equality should be taken seriously

Accidentally liked, anyway, wrong. Racism is still present and it needs to go away.

Thank you.

Slavery was around long before Africa was discovered btw. Only thing is, you get a lot of black people bringing it up as a defense in an argument, but you don't hear anyone else crying about slavery. I've never heard of an Englishman complaining about when the Romans invaded us, or the Vikings raped & pillaged our lands, enslaving our people. That shit is in the past now, and nothing we do now will change that fact.

Also, correct me if i'm wrong - but did the Africans not sell their own people into slavery, for tobacco? 

Stereotypes are gonna be around for a long time mate, just deal with it. I've had people from America that i meet online asking if i live in a castle and have tea & crumpets with the queen. I find it rather amusing.

Shot through the heart and you're to blame, 30fps and i'll pirate your game - Bon Jovi

Take me down to the console city where the games are blurry and the frames are thirty - Guns N' Roses

Arguing with religious people is like explaining to your mother that online games can't be paused...

I've tried to take them as jokes, but some people still seriously believe in them

Remember there are 7 billion people in the world, each one with their own opinion, so you can't expect everyone to think the same.

CPU: i7 3770k@ 4.6Ghz@ 1.23v - GPU: Palit GTX 660ti - MOBO: Asrock Extreme 4 - RAM: Corsair vengeance 8GB 1600Mhz - PSU: OCZ 650watt - STORAGE: 128Gb corsair force GT SSD/ 1TB seagate barracuda 7200rpm

COOLING: NH-U14s/ 3x Noiseblocker blacksilent pros/ Silverstone Air Penetrator/ 2 corsair AF120s

Making jokes about stereotypes is not racism.

Well.... Stereotypes do exist for a reason.

Yes, because it's much easier to generalize the world than accept that it is full of nuance.

Current System: Corsair Graphite 760T White/ Asus X99-S / Intel Core i7 5820K / Corsair H100i GTX / EVGA Titan X SuperClocked / HyperX Fury 4x8GB 2666mhz DDR4/ Corsair AX1500i / Intel 750 PCIe SSD 400gb / Samsung Evo 840 500gb / WD Green 4TB x2 / WD Green 3TB /  OCZ Agility 3 120gb

I don't massively care what people may think, I just think that this evolution of racial equality should be taken seriously

Different races exist for a reason : diversity.

Each evolves differently.

i5 4670k @ 4.2GHz (Coolermaster Hyper 212 Evo); ASrock Z87 EXTREME4; 8GB Kingston HyperX Beast DDR3 RAM @ 2133MHz; Asus DirectCU GTX 560; Super Flower Golden King 550 Platinum PSU;1TB Seagate Barracuda;Corsair 200r case. 

Slavery was around long before Africa was discovered btw. Only thing is, you get a lot of black people bringing it up as a defense in an argument, but you don't hear anyone else crying about slavery. I've never heard of an Englishman complaining about when the Romans invaded us, or the Vikings raped & pillaged our lands, enslaving our people. That shit is in the past now, and nothing we do now will change that fact.

Also, correct me if i'm wrong - but did the Africans not sell their own people into slavery, for tobacco? 

Stereotypes are gonna be around for a long time mate, just deal with it. I've had people from America that i meet online asking if i live in a castle and have tea & crumpets with the queen.

Yes, the Africans did, but only for greed. Also, yes I know that stereotypes are always going to be present, but repeated use of these stereotypes annoy me.

One person hating or making fun of a person from another country isn't racism. Hating or making fun of another race is racism.

Personally I think joking about it probably helps it a little bit. It might hurt some people, sure, but if everyone can learn to joke about it, racism will become exactly that - a joke.

waffle waffle waffle on and on and on

Different races exist for a reason : diversity.

Each evolves differently.

Not exactly what I meant, what I meant was the evolution of racial equality, meaning how far racial equality has come