is G2A Legit? Why so cheap if so?

Scratchy1215

Just wondering, might pick up a few games if its real since its pretty cheap

its like ebay.

mY sYsTeM iS Not pErfoRmInG aS gOOd As I sAW oN yOuTuBe. WhA t IS a GoOd FaN CuRVe??!!? wHat aRe tEh GoOd OvERclok SeTTinGS FoR My CaRd??  HoW CaN I foRcE my GpU to uSe 1o0%? BuT WiLL i HaVE Bo0tllEnEcKs? RyZEN dOeS NoT peRfORm BetTer wItH HiGhER sPEED RaM!!dId i WiN teH SiLiCON LotTerrYyOu ShoUlD dEsHrOuD uR GPUmy SYstEm iS UNDerPerforMiNg iN WarzONEcan mY Pc Run WiNdOwS 11 ?woUld BaKInG MY GRaPHics card fIX it? MultimETeR TeSTiNG!! aMd'S GpU DrIvErS aRe as goOD aS NviDia's YOU SHoUlD oVERCloCk yOUR ramS To 5000C18

It's a grey market, they farm keys in poor countries and mark them up ever so slightly to sell to regions where pricing is much higher.

I think the only reason that companies like Valve and EA haven't started region locking keys more is because that would result in a piracy surge and they then get nothing rather than less.

I frown upon it, but I use it from time to time.

yes G2A is legit but other people can sell products on there also such as windows im not sure if u should trust them

Yes it is legit, i have bought Payday 2, BF3, and windows 8.1 pro from them. All work on steam and origin just fine. im not sure why they are so cheap but i dont care lol

Always buy the G2A protection plan and try to buy directly from G2A or from a seller with really good feedback

I Love Playing CS:GO!

Current 

AMD Athlon X4 760K | MSI A78M-E45 | Sapphire R7 265 | Cougar Solution | Cooler Master Hyper T4 | ADATA XPg V1.0 1600Mhz 8GB | Fractal Design 650W

1. A game costs 25 euros in a poor country.

2. The same game costs 60 euros in a rich country.

3. A site like G2A.com buys games from the poor country for 25 eur each and sells them to people in the rich countries for 30 eur each.

Kind of like selling used games, I suppose. Sometimes they don't care where the keys come from and might end up selling stolen keys, but most often they are legit keys.

Yeah, it's legit. Key worked just fine for me.

It's a grey market, they farm keys in poor countries and mark them up ever so slightly to sell to regions where pricing is much higher.

I think the only reason that companies like Valve and EA haven't started region locking keys more is because that would result in a piracy surge and they then get nothing rather than less.

^This. 

Yepp, and judging by the images they send of the key whenever I've purchased them. They are quite often from physical copies of the game, which are opened for the key, then discarded.

Well i just bought diablo 3 from them, needed a key over CD and paid less.

Just because the keys "work" doesn't mean they run a fully legitimate shop.

Many key selling sites obtain their keys through less than legitimate methods. Some games are obtained through cheap region pricing, but far from all. Quite often they are purchased in bulk out of the back of a metaphorical truck from people fencing product.

http://krebsonsecurity.com/2014/06/peek-inside-a-professional-carding-shop/

If you want to purchase a guaranteed legitimate game, buy it from the publisher or an official seller like steam, origin, uplay, etc.

I would just about go as far as advocating piracy over the parasitic key selling sites. 

You keep using that word. I do not think it means what you think it means.
Users cannot, and will not securely manage key material. Most users can't and the ones that can, wont.

Ask me about Bitcoin, Litecoin, Crypto-Currencies, and/or Mining them.

Just because the keys "work" doesn't mean they run a fully legitimate shop.

Many key selling sites obtain their keys through less than legitimate methods. Some games are obtained through cheap region pricing, but far from all. Quite often they are purchased in bulk out of the back of a metaphorical truck from people fencing product.

http://krebsonsecurity.com/2014/06/peek-inside-a-professional-carding-shop/

If you want to purchase a guaranteed legitimate game, buy it from the publisher or an official seller like steam, origin, uplay, etc.

I would just about go as far as advocating piracy over the parasitic key selling sites. 

They sell cheap legit game keys for a great price. they haven't failed me yet and that is all i care i about. 

Current 

AMD Athlon X4 760K | MSI A78M-E45 | Sapphire R7 265 | Cougar Solution | Cooler Master Hyper T4 | ADATA XPg V1.0 1600Mhz 8GB | Fractal Design 650W

They sell cheap legit game keys for a great price. they haven't failed me yet and that is all i care i about. 

Then maybe you should pirate the games instead. Don't promote the greymarket which potentially hurts publishers and developers more than piracy due to physical loss and fraud claims.

Users cannot, and will not securely manage key material. Most users can't and the ones that can, wont.

Then maybe you should pirate the games instead. Don't promote the greymarket which potentially hurts publishers and developers more than piracy due to physical loss and fraud claims.

Yeah cos pirating game's and them getting no form of kickback what so ever is mile's better....

You say do something worse than what this thread is about. What backward's logic is this lol ?

Motherboard  ROG Strix B350-F Gaming | CPU Ryzen 5 1600 | GPU Sapphire Radeon RX 480 Nitro+ OC  | RAM Corsair Vengeance DDR4 3000MHz 2x8Gb | OS Drive  Crucial MX300 525Gb M.2 | WiFi Card  ASUS PCE-AC68 | Case Switch 810 Gunmetal Grey SE | Storage WD 1.5tb, SanDisk Ultra 3D 500Gb, Samsung 840 EVO 120Gb | NAS Solution Synology 413j 8TB (6TB with 2TB redundancy using Synology Hybrid RAID) | Keyboard SteelSeries APEX | Mouse Razer Naga MMO Edition Green | Fan Controller Sentry LXE | Screens Sony 43" TV | Sound Logitech 5.1 X530

Yeah cos pirating game's and them getting no form of kickback what so ever is mile's better....

You say do something worse than what this thread is about. What backward's logic is this lol ?

There is a big difference between buying stolen property ,and pirating a game. One involves an actual loss with real world costs that can be very damaging to developers. Even with regional arbitrage, the developers generally never see any of that money. The other, piracy, has no overhead costs to developers except the loss of a "potential" sale which may have never occurred to begin with. There is no financial or company damage done when someone pirates a game.

If you honestly think buying games from a key seller that obtains their keys through illegitimate methods causes no harm; then I urge you to at the very least read this article. http://www.penny-arcade.com/report/article/stolen-credit-cards-and-fraudulent-steam-keys-cost-natural-selection-2-team

In this case, yes, it's better to pirate the game than it is to buy keys from discount "greymarket" key sellers.

There is a big difference between buying stolen property ,and pirating a game. One involves an actual loss with real world costs that can be very damaging to developers. Even with regional arbitrage, the developers generally never see any of that money. The other, piracy, has no overhead costs to developers except the loss of a "potential" sale which may have never occurred to begin with. There is no financial or company damage done when someone pirates a game.

If you honestly think buying games from a key seller that obtains their keys through illegitimate methods causes no harm; then I urge you to at the very least read this article. http://www.penny-arcade.com/report/article/stolen-credit-cards-and-fraudulent-steam-keys-cost-natural-selection-2-team

In this case, yes, it's better to pirate the game than it is to buy keys from discount "greymarket" key sellers.

Which is assuming every single key is nicked off the back of a truck. Apart from one instance where the dev tracked down the key's sold via the site and account banned them, there's been nothing but good feedback about the site.

Motherboard  ROG Strix B350-F Gaming | CPU Ryzen 5 1600 | GPU Sapphire Radeon RX 480 Nitro+ OC  | RAM Corsair Vengeance DDR4 3000MHz 2x8Gb | OS Drive  Crucial MX300 525Gb M.2 | WiFi Card  ASUS PCE-AC68 | Case Switch 810 Gunmetal Grey SE | Storage WD 1.5tb, SanDisk Ultra 3D 500Gb, Samsung 840 EVO 120Gb | NAS Solution Synology 413j 8TB (6TB with 2TB redundancy using Synology Hybrid RAID) | Keyboard SteelSeries APEX | Mouse Razer Naga MMO Edition Green | Fan Controller Sentry LXE | Screens Sony 43" TV | Sound Logitech 5.1 X530

G2A actually gives you Steam and origin keys so you can play online. Pirating is stupid because you cannot play games online whatsoever.

And the developers get enough money dude you think we are actually hurting them? The keys are actually bought from legitimate places just not in the us an resold...

Current 

also, im not promoting, im answering his question... and the legit answer is that G2A is real and cheap

Current 

What G2A does isn't necessarily legit even though the keys are legit, its just no one enforces the "keys can only be sold in the country your in" part of the TOS probably because it would be near imposable to enforce because I don't think it is against the terms to buy from say India if you are in India for a holiday but buying from India when you are in America (by proxy for instance) is against the TOS.

But regardless me and several other posters have used G2A (and other sites) and their keys will work fine, TBH I even used a proxy on Origin once too and had no problems with it.

• 1 year later...

Hello, 

We are a legit website, though please remember that we do not function as a typical store with games. We are a Marketplace - like eBay - where our external, independent Sellers may offer their keys. We have security means set up for the keys being posted, though we cannot guarantee 100% efficiency of this check - no security system is bulletproof. This is why we have set up a number of solutions for our Buyers to protect them from any issues with bought keys. The Resolution Center is the most commonly accessible one - it is available for everyone and it allows the Buyer to contact the Seller directly with our team managing the conversation and helping in the resolution. 

We also strongly recommend purchasing the Shield protection for your orders - this way we will be able to offer even more solutions with an even faster resolution of the issue. The Shield may be purchased twofold - either as a one-time protection for your offer, or as a subscription plan for a small monthly fee.

If you have any further questions or doubts, keep in mind that you can always find additional information on G2A's FAQ or by contacting us on live chat or ticket. Our consultants are there for you 24/7.

See you again at G2A

G2A Team

What exactly is meant by "legit?"

There are no laws against what G2A is doing, if legality is the concern. In the apparently rare case where you purchase a stolen key, you are not legally liable in any way that I'm aware of—though naturally you have no right to keep it.

If instead "legit" means "authorized reseller on comparable ethnical footing with Steam, Amazon, Origin, etc.," the answer is a pretty clear no. They are a grey market reseller, and are exploiting a loophole in games distribution (or providing a platform for users to exploit that loophole) to sell games in territories that they were not intended for, for prices much lower than they were intended to be sold. It's obviously a step above piracy, but I personally prefer to wait for good sales from authorized vendors.

On 8/1/2014 at 10:53 PM, Askew said:

haha lol yes they have locked them from *cheap game* countries like for example Russia

CPU:Intel Core i5 6600K 3,5GHz  Motherboard: Z170 PRO GAMING  RAM: HyperX X Fury black DDR4 2x4GB

GPU: AMD Radeon HD 7800 series Case: some random shit tho it is gonna be upgraded Storage: SanDisk SSD Plus 240GB Cooling: Cooler Master Hyper 212 Evo Display: Asus VS278Q Keyboard: Roccat Arvo Mouse:Razer Naga 2015 Edition OS:Windows 10