AMD is really falling behind NVIDIA

ContemplatingBeluga

Quite funny that people still think AMD is behind nvidia..

When the 7970 launched, it's all AMD managed to make back then. Remember nvidia PR'ing like "Haha we expected more from AMD"? Few months later we've seen the GTX 680, a GK104 and many people were saying it's a mid-range GPU which nobody actually believed until nvidia released the Quadro 2-3 months later after the 680's launch. A full GK110 with 2880 cuda cores. A year later we've had the gtx titan, people saying it's a compute card but that was just BS. You probably heard the story; the 660ti was supposed to be the GK104 aka the gtx 680 and the 780 a full GK110 but no nvidia found out that their 660 ti was faster than the 7970 so they just made a 680 out of it. Why would you do this when you could have smacked your competitor easily out? How long did it take for AMD to come up with the 290/290x to get on par with GK110? Quite a long time. Feels like theyve been arranging together everything lol. Nvidia just doesn't want AMD out of the competition that's why. Having competition just forces you to make better products, thats an advantage or else we end up with Intel vs AMD that doesn't exist anymore.

AMD isn't behind and they never will be. Shut it about featureset etc, I haven't seen any useful unique feature from nvidia yet. Can't we get this thread locked? It's just full of nvidia fanboy nonsense..

A modicum of common sense was intended to be used

Your post history suggest otherwise.

5 pages of I/O. Yeah,not even gonna bother reading this thread.Till the next one.

thread.gif

Right behind ya...

NVIDIA has so much more to offer consumers in comparison to AMD. Shadowplay, Shield Tablet with its ability to stream games and better power consumption in general. I am planning to buy a new graphics card soon and I was quite shocked to learn how far behind AMD is now in terms of functionality. Mantle has yet to prove itself groundbreaking in any way as promised. As a AMD user, I am really quite disappointed over this  :(

I only care about FPS, so do many others? All those "extra features" you pay for obviously when buying the card. While many of those features are only a + for a small group of people.

They should offer those features as seperate products for which you have to pay seperately. That way people who do not use those features do not have to pay for them.

I only care about FPS, so do many others? All those "extra features" you pay for obviously when buying the card. While many of those features are only a + for a small group of people.

They should offer those features as seperate products for which you have to pay seperately. That way people who do not use those features do not have to pay for them.

Physx used to be a separate add in card. Then nvidia decided that it would be more profitable for them and benefit them only if they lock it down and now you have another proprietary POS that is not helping the gaming industry rather holding it back.