@Alec Harpers

But can it run Crysis?

CPU: Intel i7 8700K | CPU Cooler: be quiet! Dark Rock Pro 3 | RAM: Kingston HyperX 2x8GB | Motherboard: Asus ROG Z370-E | GPU: MSI GTX 970 | HDD: Seagate Barracuda 1TB & 2TB | SSD: Samsung 840 EVO 250GB & 970 EVO M.2 500GB | Case: Phanteks Enthoo Evolv X | PSU: Silverstone Platinum Strider 1100W | Monitor: AOC i2367Fh | Headphones: ATH-M40X | Mic: Antlion ModMic 4 | Keyboard: Corsair K70 RGB w/ MX Browns | Mouse: Logitech G502 HERO

Make sure you quote or mention the person you're replying to in your comment. Also remember to follow your thread when creating it to get a notification every time someone replies. 

Be nice and have fun. Cheers!

Here in Sweden the Dark Rock Pro 3 is the same price as a NH-D15. So I see no reason to get this product over the Noctua. Well, I guess unless you NEED a black cooler, and/or can't stand the Noctua fans.

Here in Sweden the Dark Rock Pro 3 is the same price as a NH-D15. So I see no reason to get this product over the Noctua. Well, I guess unless you NEED a black cooler, and/or can't stand the Noctua fans.

Then you buy the Industrial fans (they are black). But then the dark rock costs much more with the fans and that is not worth it. What I have seen so far of be quiet is that they are a little more expensive relative the other competitors in Sweden.

if you can't fit your hands, lift the mobo :)

Desktop:     Core i7-9700K @ 5.1GHz all-core = ASRock Z390 Taichi Ultimate = 16GB HyperX Predator DDR4 @ 3600MHz = Asus ROG Strix 3060ti (non LHR) = Samsung 970 EVO 500GB M.2 SSD = ASUS PG279Q

Notebook:  Clevo P651RG-G = Core i7 6820HK = 16GB HyperX Impact DDR4 2133MHz = GTX 980M = 1080p IPS G-Sync = Samsung SM951 256GB M.2 SSD + Samsung 850 Pro 256GB SSD

lol @ the black penis joke @ 1:25

phanteks enthoo pro | intel i5 4690k | noctua nh-d14 | msi z97 gaming 5 | 16gb crucial ballistix tactical | msi gtx970 4G OC  | adata sp900

Then you buy the Industrial fans (they are black). But then the dark rock costs much more with the fans and that is not worth it. What I have seen so far of be quiet is that they are a little more expensive relative the other competitors in Sweden.

The Dark Rock Pro 3 is an ALL black cooler, is what I meant.

if you can't fit your hands, lift the mobo :)

He mounts the coolers with the motherboard already mounted in the case. But I've seen videos of the mounting system Be Quiet! uses, not the most elegant solutions.

Linus... I'm sorry but I was disappointed with this video. Not once did you (or Luke) mention the noise levels of the cooler, which is be quiet's whole ethos. Yes performance is important, but other things are too. Love your videos though, keep up the good work!

I've never been sexually attracted to an air cooler before...

DISCIPLE OF HIS HOLINESS, GABEN FIRST OF HIS NAME FOR NOW AND THE END OF TIME

STEAM - Brendson | ORIGIN - LGBrendson | BATTLE.NET - Brendson#2793

PLACES TO FOLLOW ME - Pastebin

I thought the mounting was easy. All you have to do is grab one of the nuts and tighten the screws from the back with a screwdriver. The last turn is then to be made with the wrench. But i get the point, you have to at least take the fan off to get underneath.

On the review: As a bequiet fanboy i feel butthurt about the fact that you didn't talk about noise performance. That's where the bequiet can really shine over other solutions imo.

Also: just use other clamps to mount your noctua fans to the tower. If you have to use that standardized testing methodology, go ahead and grab some fitting clamps. Absoluteley nobody ever will purchase the DRP 3 and say "hmmm i wish i could replace those superior bequiet fans with some fugly noctuas"

who cares...

You really should do test with included fans and then with aftermarket fans. Also please say something about noise levels?

For anyone who is wondering how much noise these fans make then if you are silence freak you wont be dissapointed as they are dead silent. I am runing 3x Fractal R2 fans on 5V and when my CPU is on full load (overclocked to 4GHz) Then I cant hear fans on my Dark Rock Pro 2 over those Fractal fans which are also very silent when they are runing on 5V.

@carbonz3 entire tower is black

I have Gigabayte GZ-G Pluse case and i was wondering if i can get  this cooler (Dark Rock Pro 3) in my case? 

I have Gigabayte GZ-G Pluse case and i was wondering if i can get  this cooler (Dark Rock Pro 3) in my case? 

I don't think so. The Gigabyte site says that your case supports up to 150mm coolers.

what the difference between DRP2 and DRP3 ? Is it an upgrade like noctuas d14 > d15?

Got this one in my case and it performs almost as good as it looks. I was going for a quiet as possible build so I went for this one even if it would result in a little bit hotter CPU. I can barely hear my computer, I don,t have any decibel measurement tools but its really quiet even under full load and gaming. 
Under full load I have never seen it over 68*C and its just so damn quiet. It also looks really good (the reason I don't have a single noctua fan in my computer). 
But when it comes to mounting..... holy S**** it was painful. I have a asus Formula VI motherboard and I actually had to cut of some of the foam on the back plate so it could fit under the armor. I also had to get my GF to help me with the fan connectors since its so damn big and I could not reach anything after mounting it. When I tried I ended up with cutting myself on the damn thing.
*IMPORTANT*

What linus is saying about high profile ram is not a problem unless you want to use 4 sticks. I'm using two sticks of Corsair dominator platinum and it fits right under the fan. What I had to do tho was mounting the front fan as far up as possible on the cooler. If you do so you could fit three stick of high profile ram (but I think its a mm clearance so nothing higher than the corsair dominator platinum). But the heatsink is blocking one Ram slot.   
I wont give it a top score because of the mounting pain, but everything else is solid.   
PIC: http://www21.zippyshare.com/v/91281116/file.html

They did something wrong with the installation, the wrench part need to be done outside the case. The installation is actualy pretty easy. I suspect perfomance impact from the weird installation.

First put the screw and place the ruber on it."Don't forget the backplate."

screws.jpg

Then assemble all the other parts before the aligment."Don't put the thermal past on the cooler this is not my picture."

brackets.jpg

Then put TIM on the cpu, align the cooler with the screws already on the motherboard and tight it from the back plate.