Distilled Water vs Pre-mixed Coolant

I use pre-mixed for rwo reasons mainly. firstly, the anti corrosive agents, secondly the anti bacterial agents that keep the algy away. I'm running a custom loop with uncolored thermochill, running over a year, and coolant still perfectly clear. Bought a second hand cooling kit that had been run with destilled water and the spent half an hour cleaning the cpu block before installing in my system. So no water for me, but that's just my personal experiance.

And to you guys saying that you use destilled water insted of prefilled, becuse it's cheaper, how much did you spend on your custom cooling loop? Anyone can ofcousre use whatever they like,but if you spend hundreds of dollars on a custom cooling loop, and then get destilled water only reson being becuse it's cheaper, then you are not preorotising correctly. =)

You are super right and my point is kind of mute. Ya if you are going to spend hundreds of dollars on a loop 20 bucks shouldnt be a big deal. I guess my point is why spend so much more money on something that doesnt perform as well. But that being said i want to add mayhems aurora in a different loop in case. Not to cool anything but just to look cool.

its kind of a moot point. all things considered correctly it should make no difference.

a premix gives you more peace of mind and looks better, so i'd say that has the advantage in that respect, but it'll probably stain your tubes, but then they are easy to replace. only real con.

I use distilled + PT Nuke + colored tubing (white). Pretty simple and effective combination imo. I don't think there are major downsides with any solutions though, from what I've seen, the good pre-mixed don't really clung the blocks and as for the real world cooling benefits, I don't think it makes a big difference either so...

Pre - Mix if you are willing to clean your loop once in a while

Destilled if you're lazy or dont care.

Pre mix will always give better performance unless you're using nasa grade destilled water lol.

No liquid will perform better than distilled water, but there are some additives in these premixed fluids that are helpful.

Hi :)

I'm actually going to be buying liquid for my comp in a few days. Im a newb water cooling and this is my first time doing. Currently I am looking at Feser one for liquid. I have Nickel Fittings and copper blocks. this first liquid cooled comp im building will only be running for around 3 months before i drain it and change parts. I was worried about using Distilled water because people kept telling me that you have to have a kill coils biocide or silver fittings to prevent algae growth and oxidation. Should I use pre mixed or go distilled water, and will i have to get biocide or silver for it? And how long before i should replace the water if I went that root?

Id go with pre-mixed, yeah you can get junk build up in some of the bad premixed solutions, but at least you don't have to worry about biological build up and corrosion
it does on places where a vortex can be created. the plastic inside (the stuff that you see moving), is getting caught up in those spots.

mayhems themselves don't even recomend for using it for your 24/7 rig. it is just for the looks.

"People assume that time is a strict progression of cause to effect. But actually from a non-linear, non-subjective viewpoint, it's more like a big ball of wibbly wobbly timey wimey stuff."

Dont understimate my skillsz, you might look foolish.

Hi :)

I'm actually going to be buying liquid for my comp in a few days. Im a newb water cooling and this is my first time doing. Currently I am looking at Feser one for liquid. I have Nickel Fittings and copper blocks. this first liquid cooled comp im building will only be running for around 3 months before i drain it and change parts. I was worried about using Distilled water because people kept telling me that you have to have a kill coils biocide or silver fittings to prevent algae growth and oxidation. Should I use pre mixed or go distilled water, and will i have to get biocide or silver for it? And how long before i should replace the water if I went that root?

use premix. it is easy and you don't have to think twice ;)

"People assume that time is a strict progression of cause to effect. But actually from a non-linear, non-subjective viewpoint, it's more like a big ball of wibbly wobbly timey wimey stuff."

Dont understimate my skillsz, you might look foolish.