Whats the closest you've been to death

SirNumbers

I almost drowned when I was 5.

What did you do? Did you just look up and didn't realize the pool was in front and walked into it?

"If it has tits or tires, at some point you will have problems with it." -@vinyldash303

this is probably the only place i'll hang out anymore: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/274320-the-long-awaited-car-thread/

Current Rig: Intel Core 2 Quad Q6600, Abit IN9-32MAX nForce 680i board, Galaxy GT610 1GB DDR3 gpu, Cooler Master Mystique 632S Full ATX case, 1 2TB Seagate Barracuda SATA and 1x200gb Maxtor SATA drives, 1 LG SATA DVD drive, Windows 10. All currently runs like shit :D 

What did you do? Did you just look up and didn't realize the pool was in front and walked into it?

No. Swam too far in (got to the really deep spot) and then got a cramp and couldn't swim anymore. Then I got a little "waterlogged," if you will (breathed in too much water and couldn't breathe).

Main rig on profile

VAULT - File Server

Spoiler

Intel Core i5 11400 w/ Shadow Rock LP, 2x16GB SP GAMING 3200MHz CL16, ASUS PRIME Z590-A, 2x LSI 9211-8i, Fractal Define 7, 256GB Team MP33, 3x 6TB WD Red Pro (general storage), 3x 1TB Seagate Barracuda (dumping ground), 3x 8TB WD White-Label (Plex) (all 3 arrays in their respective Windows Parity storage spaces), Corsair RM750x, Windows 11 Education

Sleeper HP Pavilion A6137C

Spoiler

Intel Core i7 6700K @ 4.4GHz, 4x8GB G.SKILL Ares 1800MHz CL10, ASUS Z170M-E D3, 128GB Team MP33, 1TB Seagate Barracuda, 320GB Samsung Spinpoint (for video capture), MSI GTX 970 100ME, EVGA 650G1, Windows 10 Pro

Mac Mini (Late 2020)

Spoiler

Apple M1, 8GB RAM, 256GB, macOS Sonoma

Consoles: Softmodded 1.4 Xbox w/ 500GB HDD, Xbox 360 Elite 120GB Falcon, XB1X w/2TB MX500, Xbox Series X, PS1 1001, PS2 Slim 70000 w/ FreeMcBoot, PS4 Pro 7015B 1TB (retired), PS5 Digital, Nintendo Switch OLED, Nintendo Wii RVL-001 (black)

No. Swam too far in (got to the really deep spot) and then got a cramp and couldn't swim anymore. Then I got a little "waterlogged," if you will (breathed in too much water and couldn't breathe).

Well, learn your lesson next time.

"If it has tits or tires, at some point you will have problems with it." -@vinyldash303

this is probably the only place i'll hang out anymore: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/274320-the-long-awaited-car-thread/

Current Rig: Intel Core 2 Quad Q6600, Abit IN9-32MAX nForce 680i board, Galaxy GT610 1GB DDR3 gpu, Cooler Master Mystique 632S Full ATX case, 1 2TB Seagate Barracuda SATA and 1x200gb Maxtor SATA drives, 1 LG SATA DVD drive, Windows 10. All currently runs like shit :D 

Well, learn your lesson next time.

I did. Learned so well, I avoid things with water up to my neck, and I forgot how to swim.

Main rig on profile

VAULT - File Server

Spoiler

Intel Core i5 11400 w/ Shadow Rock LP, 2x16GB SP GAMING 3200MHz CL16, ASUS PRIME Z590-A, 2x LSI 9211-8i, Fractal Define 7, 256GB Team MP33, 3x 6TB WD Red Pro (general storage), 3x 1TB Seagate Barracuda (dumping ground), 3x 8TB WD White-Label (Plex) (all 3 arrays in their respective Windows Parity storage spaces), Corsair RM750x, Windows 11 Education

Spoiler

Intel Core i7 6700K @ 4.4GHz, 4x8GB G.SKILL Ares 1800MHz CL10, ASUS Z170M-E D3, 128GB Team MP33, 1TB Seagate Barracuda, 320GB Samsung Spinpoint (for video capture), MSI GTX 970 100ME, EVGA 650G1, Windows 10 Pro

Mac Mini (Late 2020)

Spoiler

Consoles: Softmodded 1.4 Xbox w/ 500GB HDD, Xbox 360 Elite 120GB Falcon, XB1X w/2TB MX500, Xbox Series X, PS1 1001, PS2 Slim 70000 w/ FreeMcBoot, PS4 Pro 7015B 1TB (retired), PS5 Digital, Nintendo Switch OLED, Nintendo Wii RVL-001 (black)

I dove with - and taken close ups of - belcher sea snakes. 1 bite can kill 3 elephants. Fortunately, they're gentle.

Spoiler

I did. Learned so well, I avoid things with water up to my neck, and I forgot how to swim.

I also forgot. It's so embarrassing when you're the only one in the pool in front of friends who can't swim. Totally embarrassing.

I also forgot. It's so embarrassing when you're the only one in the pool in front of friends who can't swim. Totally embarrassing.

I was one of three in my gym class that couldn't swim. But at least I forgot how to. They never learned in the first place.

Main rig on profile

VAULT - File Server

Spoiler

Spoiler

Mac Mini (Late 2020)

Spoiler

Was biking to a nearby cafe about a year ago. I crossed the street when the pedestrian blinker was on and some insane lady decided to run a red light, hit the back of my bike while driving past me and sent me flying towards the side walk. I landed in a bush, my bike's back tire was bent to hell and I thankfully got away with just a few scratches, if I wasn't wearing mah bag of holding filled with stuff I might have gotten some sorta back injury. 

That lady never stopped, just kept going after hitting me... other people in their vehicles came out to see if I was alright which was nice. 

-snip-

Holy Hell.... 

Like watching Anime? Consider joining the unofficial LTT Anime Club Heaven Society~ ^.^

I almost drowned last year going too far into a pond when I didn't know how to swim. If it wasn't for this other guy finally coming over and rescuing me I would have died. I kept panicking and I took water into my lungs and I felt incredibly lightheaded. I've never been unconscious so I was thinking I was probably going to knock out soon.

Also, went skateboarding down a huge hill near my house without knowing how to stop and this truck came by and nearly tapped me. Thank goodness I kept rolling ahead fast enough to miss him.

I was going to an airsoft event and I had my friend with me. To get to the place we have to drive through a canyon road, which has a speed limit of 55MPH and it has 1 lane in each direction.  For the first 10 minutes of the drive nothing exciting happens, but then we reach what I am going to call an tangential intersection, it looks like this from google maps:

xOBzyij.jpg

I have marked up the picture for your guys convenience. The flow of traffic essentially continuous with the arrows I marked. Well I had the right of way, and was going to go straight, and at the same time a car coming from the other side of the turn was making a left onto the same street I had the right of way on. Well The other car didn't stop and the driver almost t-boned me on my driver side. I had to off road and avoid the collision while controlling my braking and steering, as the side was all dirt. Thank god there was no street curb and the dirt was level with the road. 

My friend literally screamed and grabbed his chair bracing for impact, and I had adrenaline pumping through me and I was shaking uncontrollably. The girl driving didn't even realize her mistake. It turns out that she was actually someone I knew from school, who was also going airsofting to the same place my friend and I were going.

She said: "I didn't know you did not have a stop sign." I am convinced that people like that shouldn't have their license.

post-419-0-65637200-1406919568_thumb.png

▶ Learn from yesterday, live for today, hope for tomorrow. The important thing is not to stop questioning. - Einstein◀

Please remember to mark a thread as solved if your issue has been fixed, it helps other who may stumble across the thread at a later point in time.

back in 2011 me and my parents where going to oslo for some shopping on the day of the mass murder and bombing of the city center but because the weather channel said it might be a rainy day we went one day earlyer to oslo, if me and my parents went on that day we would have been dead since we walked in the same street where the bomb was at the same time it went off.

back in 2011 me and my parents where going to oslo for some shopping on the day of the mass murder and bombing of the city center but because the weather channel said it might be a rainy day we went one day earlyer to oslo, if me and my parents went on that day we would have been dead since we walked in the same street where the bomb was at the same time it went off.

Ouch, lucky shot. Wow, it's like you can forsee the future.

Lets see, in order of age:

6yrs - I crashed my bike under a car and was dragged down the road a good long way shredding my leg, could have been worse, driver did not want to stop.

10yrs - I crashed by bike over an embankment into a road and a car almost squashed my head.

15yrs - Stomach pumped from spiked drink... nasty cocktail had me paralytic + respiratory difficulties.

15yrs - Whilst at a disco I was stabbed in the leg 1cm from my femoral artery.

16yrs - I was overdosed on Midazolam and had a respiratory arrest.

18yrs - I broke 3 of my ribs running down by spine from my neck, almost punctured my lung and heart.

23yrs - Head on car crash at over 80mph, almost received a broken neck and/or aortic rupture.

29yrs - Rectal artery rupture almost resulting in exsanguination.

30yrs - Sepsis from perianal abscess.

The bleed and the sepsis were the most awful so far. There's nothing quite like having the feeling of severe flu/fever and no matter what you do it doesn't go away. You try to sleep, you wake up and it's a little worse... you try drugs but it's still just a little worse as soon as they have worn off... and then the horror when the antibiotics are done and it's still getting worse. That is what death feels like.

wow....

If you've previously won the build off please pm me so we can get something worked out.

I was going to an airsoft event and I had my friend with me. To get to the place we have to drive through a canyon road, which has a speed limit of 55MPH and it has 1 lane in each direction.  For the first 10 minutes of the drive nothing exciting happens, but then we reach what I am going to call an tangential intersection, it looks like this from google maps:

xOBzyij.jpg

I have marked up the picture for your guys convenience. The flow of traffic essentially continuous with the arrows I marked. Well I had the right of way, and was going to go straight, and at the same time a car coming from the other side of the turn was making a left onto the same street I had the right of way on. Well The other car didn't stop and the driver almost t-boned me on my driver side. I had to off road and avoid the collision while controlling my braking and steering, as the side was all dirt. Thank god there was no street curb and the dirt was level with the road. 

My friend literally screamed and grabbed his chair bracing for impact, and I had adrenaline pumping through me and I was shaking uncontrollably. The girl driving didn't even realize her mistake. It turns out that she was actually someone I knew from school, who was also going airsofting to the same place my friend and I were going.

She said: "I didn't know you did not have a stop sign." I am convinced that people like that shouldn't have their license.

Who's blue and who's green?

I roll with sigs off so I have no idea what you're advertising.

This is NOT the signature you are looking for.

Who's blue and who's green?

Blue and green shows the flow of traffic.  In that specific picture I was on the green lane going forward, not in the turn. The girl in the other car made an unexpected left turn from the blue lane without yielding.

▶ Learn from yesterday, live for today, hope for tomorrow. The important thing is not to stop questioning. - Einstein◀

Please remember to mark a thread as solved if your issue has been fixed, it helps other who may stumble across the thread at a later point in time.

Crashed a bike on trackday at spa-francorchamps at 120mph give or take ... My ego was close to death and roadrash isnt funny

Let's agree to disagree

There was that time when my sister accidentally drowned me down at Køge Bugt while I was learning to swim and when I came up again I was choughing water up for a good 5-10 mins. After that episode I have been afraid of falling into water and swimming.

If you want to join a really cool Discord chatroom with some great guys here from LTT and outside this community then PM me!

Got hit on the forehead by a full water bottle thrown at full force because we were playing football/soccer with the bottle, almost bled to death.

Crashed a bike on trackday at spa-francorchamps at 120mph give or take ... My ego was close to death and roadrash isnt funny

That is what 2nd Skin and Tagaderm are for, if you use it you'll end up with baby smooth scar free skin.

I roll with sigs off so I have no idea what you're advertising.

This is NOT the signature you are looking for.

Haha, you people so funny. For real though. I think mine is one of the most messed up ones. My friend once ran after me with an axe when we were 6. Not that I know the reason he thaught it was a good idea, but he did. I ran up un his trampoline and he followed. And as he swong the axe (Yes he really did swing the axe!) I mannaged to throw myself out of the way. He was centimeteres away from hitting me, but luckilly hit his trampoline instead. He got in a lot of trubble. But happilly for me he got a new trampoline, which I didn't have :D

I'm actually already dead. I post from beyond the grave.

How is the internet connection there?

Muh rig: i7 4770k, Cooler Master Hyper 212 Evo, MSI Z87 G45, Kingston Hyper X Blu 8GB, Samsung 840 EVO 120 + WD Blue 1 TB, Asus GTX 770 2GB, Corsair 200r + 2x Corsair AF 120 Blue + 1x Stock corsair fan, Corsair TX650, LG 27EA33V IPS, Steelseries Sensei Raw + QCK mini, CM Quickfire Ultimate Blue.

Lets see, in order of age:

6yrs - I crashed my bike under a car and was dragged down the road a good long way shredding my leg, could have been worse, driver did not want to stop.

10yrs - I crashed by bike over an embankment into a road and a car almost squashed my head.

15yrs - Stomach pumped from spiked drink... nasty cocktail had me paralytic + respiratory difficulties.

15yrs - Whilst at a disco I was stabbed in the leg 1cm from my femoral artery.

16yrs - I was overdosed on Midazolam and had a respiratory arrest.

18yrs - I broke 3 of my ribs running down by spine from my neck, almost punctured my lung and heart.

23yrs - Head on car crash at over 80mph, almost received a broken neck and/or aortic rupture.

29yrs - Rectal artery rupture almost resulting in exsanguination.

30yrs - Sepsis from perianal abscess.

The bleed and the sepsis were the most awful so far. There's nothing quite like having the feeling of severe flu/fever and no matter what you do it doesn't go away. You try to sleep, you wake up and it's a little worse... you try drugs but it's still just a little worse as soon as they have worn off... and then the horror when the antibiotics are done and it's still getting worse. That is what death feels like.

Impressive. Surely with luck like yours you could live perpetually. On a serious note I'm sorry for the suffering.

You gotta do you girl. I always say you gotta do you. And if he's doing him, then who's doing you? Because right now, it seems like no one's doing you.

- Stefani Stilton (she / her) 🏳️‍🌈🏳️‍⚧️

Trigger warning

I attempted suicide for the first time when I was 15. I took enough adderall to kill 4 people. My body threw most of it up.

I attempted suicide the 2nd time when I was 20, Spent 3 weeks in the hospital. 10 days in the ICU.

Was ditched in the middle of las vegas, where I got cornered, abused, raped, and ditched.

I had a stroke when I was 22, and spent half a month in the hospital, Doctors have no idea why.

Why is this liked, this is horrible. By the way that profile bio is genius, a lot of people are thinking, "Oh... checkmate."

You gotta do you girl. I always say you gotta do you. And if he's doing him, then who's doing you? Because right now, it seems like no one's doing you.

- Stefani Stilton (she / her) 🏳️‍🌈🏳️‍⚧️

Walking down an alley, some guy was standing there with a glass bottle. He broke it, and used it as a weapon. Then I started sprinting like "Sweet Jesus, please help me." Eventually he caught me and hit me in the back. Broke one vertebra, but surprisingly didn't break my spinal cord. I still have the round scar from where he hit me.