Whats the closest you've been to death

SirNumbers

I had open heart surgery when I was only 3 1/2 months old. It still have the giant scar and feeding tube whole on my chest witch pisses me off. 

You know how much it messes with your self esteem when you have what looks to be a second belly button in your chest. Friends only wonder why I don't like going swimming and thats why :'( 

I got a few more...

I rolled my old quad going about 45MPH around a turn. The quad went off a ledge about 120+ feet and landed into a bed of sharp rocks and I just rolled down the ridge for a few feet until I came to a painful stop. 

I wasn't wearing any gear either btw.

-----------------------------------------------------

I almost fell off the Pennsylvania Grand Canyon, my friends thought it would be cool if I got a picture close to the edge -_- and when I slipped and fell my whole lower torso was hanging off the side and luckily enough I pulled myself up fast enough. 

Sry mate, but you are rather dumb or an adrenalin junkie. Everyone who didn't at least wears a helmet when he/she is driving his/her motorbike isn't far from death anyways.

Well, i was 15 so yeah you can say i was pretty fucking dumb for not wearing a helmet, i'm lucky i can even type on a keyboard today.

When the plane i was in hit turbulence i thought i was going to die, turns out i did not

Also think i was close to drowning once

My Rig  

PCPartPicker part list: http://ca.pcpartpicker.com/p/kGNksY

CPU: Intel Core i7-4770 3.4GHz Quad-Core Processor  ($379.00 @ shopRBC) 

CPU Cooler: RAIJINTEK THEMIS 65.7 CFM Sleeve Bearing CPU Cooler  ($34.99 @ NCIX) 

Motherboard: MSI CSM-H87M-G43 Micro ATX LGA1150 Motherboard  ($78.83 @ DirectCanada) 

Memory: Kingston HyperX 16GB (4 x 4GB) DDR3-1600 Memory  ($139.99 @ Memory Express) 

Storage: Kingston Fury 120GB 2.5" Solid State Drive  ($71.34 @ DirectCanada) 

Storage: Seagate Barracuda 2TB 3.5" 7200RPM Internal Hard Drive  ($92.95 @ Vuugo) 

Video Card: Gigabyte Radeon R9 280X 3GB Video Card  ($298.98 @ Newegg Canada) 

Case: Fractal Design Define R4 w/Window (Black Pearl) ATX Mid Tower Case  ($125.98 @ Newegg Canada) 

Power Supply: Corsair CX 600W 80+ Bronze Certified Semi-Modular ATX Power Supply  ($66.99 @ NCIX) 

Operating System: Microsoft Windows 8.1 - 64-bit (OEM) (64-bit)  ($116.00 @ shopRBC) 

Case Fan: Cougar Turbine 120 (4-Pack) 60.4 CFM 120mm  Fans  ($23.99 @ NCIX) 

Monitor: HP 22xi 60Hz 21.5" Monitor  ($187.11 @ Amazon Canada) 

Monitor: HP 22xi 60Hz 21.5" Monitor  ($187.11 @ Amazon Canada) 

Keyboard: Logitech G710 Wired Gaming Keyboard  ($114.99 @ NCIX) 

Mouse: Razer DeathAdder 2013 Wired Optical Mouse  ($76.99 @ Amazon Canada) 

Headphones: Kingston HyperX Cloud Pro Headset  ($78.98 @ DirectCanada) 

Total: $2074.22

Prices include shipping, taxes, and discounts when availableGenerated by PCPartPicker 2015-04-10 15:33 EDT-0400Build log http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/303263-the-dell-from-hell/#entry4121100 

Phone Compassion Spreadsheet https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1EN6s426gyxqPloIqT4wQ7Y7yovkkQy_5B3djVN-N-R8/edit#gid=0

Gta V Pc Online Crew http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/344773-unofficial-linus-tech-tips-gta-v-crew-pc/

1.My buddy passed out in the pool so i had to jump in and drag him out, i was soooo scarred. He started coughing out water then i felt relieved and helped him home. 

2.I passed out on a hike and would have landed on barbed wire except my sister pushed me out of the way...she's not strong enough to run and catch a 6' 1" 220lbs guy so i guess i should be thankful:)

3. Oh and i also passed out at the doctors office and was about to hit my head on the counter but a 5'1" nurse ran in front of me and caught me...i asked her how she did that and she said that the week before a football player came in and passed out and she had to catch him too.:D

CPU: AMD FX-6300     COOLER: Hyper 212 EVO    MOBO: ASUS M5A97 R2.0    RAM: Team Vulcan 8Gb (4Gb x 2) , G-Skill Sniper (4Gb x 2)    PSU: Rosewill HIVE-750w    GPU: ASUS HD 7790 2Gb OC    CASE: NZXT Phantom 410    STORAGE: WD Black 1Tb , Intel 530 120Gb     AUDIO: HyperX Cloud , Sennheiser HD 518 , Audio Technica ATH-M30 , Sennheiser MM30G , Yamaha RX-V361 , Pioneer SP-BS22     PHONE: Samsung Galaxy S7 Edge     PERIPHERALS: Razer BlackWidow Ultimate Classic , Logitech g502 ( Thanks Syntaxvgm <3 )

Nearly got hit by an ambulance who ran a red light without his sirens on during the day.(Irony)

Nearly got killed by an obese girl sitting next to me on a bus as we went around a roundabout dark times.

Nearly got hit by cyclists because I was crossing the road too slowly.

Like E-Sports? Check out the E-Sports forum for competitive click click pew pew

Like Anime? Check out Heaven Society the forums local Anime club

I was only living because it was too much trouble to die.

R9 7950x | RTX4090

I had open heart surgery when I was only 3 1/2 months old. It still have the giant scar and feeding tube whole on my chest witch pisses me off. 

You know how much it messes with your self esteem when you have what looks to be a second belly button in your chest. Friends only wonder why I don't like going swimming and thats why :'( 

Man that's pretty cool. I'd wear that with pride, just don't say you were only 3 at the time :P

After reading through the thread, I'm picturing Y'all like....

53520-1-1398629908.png

Avatar change maybe??>>>. :mellow:

Details separate people.

I put conductive metal with my hand in a electrical outlet.

50% still alive. :D

The intuitive thinker's hunger for understanding hasn't killed me.

A fair price.

CPU: Ryzen 2600 GPU: RX 6800 RAM: ddr4 3000Mhz 4x8GB  MOBO: MSI B450-A PRO Display: 4k120hz with freesync premium.

My shoelaces got trapped in my bike chain i fell off the bike and nearly got ran over by a bus lol.

I remembered another one now..

I was walking along a narrow sidewalk in trollhättan when i felt a heavy smash in the back of my head.

A bus had cut the corner a bit too tightly and clipped me with it's mirror.
When i woke up again the first thing i saw was a big bushy mustache...

There were bus passengers,paramedics,cops and the busdriver standing around me.

When i turned around there was a puddle of blood and shards of a shattered mirror.

Thankfully i did not need stitches and after the paramedics were sure i was alright i was allowed to go home

.. With a bandaged head.. 

====>The car thread<====>Dark Souls thread<====>Placeholder<====
"Life is like a raging river, Its gonna get rough downstream. And people's gonna piss in it" 

"Who discovered we could get milk from cows, and what did he THINK he was doing at the time?"

I remembered another one now..

I was walking along a narrow sidewalk in trollhättan when i felt a heavy smash in the back of my head.

A bus had cut the corner a bit too tightly and clipped me with it's mirror.

When i woke up again the first thing i saw was a big bushy mustache...

There were bus passengers,paramedics,cops and the busdriver standing around me.

When i turned around there was a puddle of blood and shards of a shattered mirror.

Thankfully i did not need stitches and after the paramedics were sure i was alright i was allowed to go home

.. With a bandaged head.. 

How long were you knocked out for?

How long were you knocked out for?

I honestly still have no idea.. Long enough for the paramedics and police to arrive at the very least

====>The car thread<====>Dark Souls thread<====>Placeholder<====
"Life is like a raging river, Its gonna get rough downstream. And people's gonna piss in it" 

"Who discovered we could get milk from cows, and what did he THINK he was doing at the time?"

When I was 8 my 2 of my cousins thought it would be funny (Atleast I dont remember why it was) to grab my hands and legs and hang me of a building in manhatten (NYC), I still have the image of looking straight down burned into my head.

Some cousins you got there lol.

I've really haven't got a lot of near death experiences, other that that time I fell from a second story, only broke my arm, it wasn't all that high

MSI Z87-GD65 - GTX 760 DirectCU II - i5 4670k @4.0GHz - 16GB Corsair Vengeance @1866 MHz

When I was younger I turned on the tv and saw carrot top for the first time.  The visual shock/horror traveling up my visual neurons to my brain almost killed me on the spot.

I have a rule in life that you do not make fun of people for things outside of their control, like attractiveness or intelligence.  But carrot top is so over the top offensive looking, AND chooses a career where he is actually placed IN FRONT of people! that I throw that rule out.  If he was a good and honorable man he would work in a field that would hide his visage from the world.

I am impelled not to squeak like a grateful and frightened mouse, but to roar...

Well last year I was playing Rugby. The scenario was we were receiving a kick and a "teammate" caught the ball.... he decided it would be a good idea to lob the ball all the way to the other side of the field where I was (we call these hospital passes) and I had to stretch my arms up to catch the ball. Right when I look in front of me there was this huge Filipino guy who must have had like 100 pounds on me. I managed to bring my arms and the ball down to my body right as he hit me. He hit me right in the shoulder and if it were a bit higher I would have been hit in the throat or if my arms were still up he'd have hit me in the ribs.... I don't think I'd be typing this today it either of those things happened. I remember the whole crowd yelled "OUUUUUUUUUU" and the medic ran over to ask if I was okay. I got up with whatever strength I had and I don't remember walking off the field but I did. Some people were surprised that I actually got up and especially that fast... The coach told me that that was probably the hardest I'd ever be hit so if I could handle that, I could handle anything. My friends mom said that she heard a horrible noise when he hit me and she couldn't really explain what it sounded like but something along the lines of bones breaking.... she was far away from me too. I was in pain for a couple days and I couldn't really move my arm too well..Now, some muscle pops near my collar bone whenever I rotate my arm but it doesn't hurt so I guess it's nothing. I should probably bring it up to my doctor next time. I just feel lucky I didn't get it worse.

i7-3770k, Gigabyte UD5H, NZXT Switch 810, OCZ Agility 3 120GB SSD, WD Caviar Blue 1TB, 560 ti Twin Frozr II OC 2GB, Cooler Master V8, Corsair Vengeance 8GB, OCZ Modxstream 700w, Corsair k60 and M65. OH and RED LED LIGHTS   FUCK YA    :)

Oh. Thought you meant a smaller town^^ But still i'd probably be in austin if i was in texas

Funny thing is that when i stopped and noticed it. It looked at me after letting go as if it was angry at me.

It was one of these 

[snip]

The english name is apparantly "European adder" or "European viper" Vipera Berus sounds cooler though^^ 

Did not even have to go to the hospital afterwards.

Yes, Vipera Berus, AKA the "Common European Viper". As it's name implies, a common snake in Europe. Sure it's venomous, but today it can be treated so well that at least here in Finland the latest death due to snake bite happened in the 90's.

On topic: Not much near-death experiences have happened fore me, really. Once plugged in a hairdryer when I was soaked wet while I was 6, got a strong electric shock to my right hand (somehow I didn't cry and although my right hand looked fried, I could use it normally). Drove a bicycle without any breaks at fast speeds for few years, just one or two times cars came a bit too close for comfort...

And one night, I suddenly woke up as I couldn't sleep for some reason, turned my head while still laying on bed, saw this little f***er on my bed, maybe 20 centimeters away from me...

534px-Adult_deer_tick.jpg

Needles to say I jumped out of my bed and killed it by crushing it with a book. Gotta say those ticks won't die easily by crushing them.

As far as other sort-of "near-death" experiences, haven't gotten them, really... I don't hang around in crazy groups, there's not much criminality, and all the physical violence we can see here are more or less friendly brawls while drunk.

Never trust my advice. Only take any and all advice from me with a grain of salt. Just a heads up.

I was traveling to an A&M football game and it was raining on the interstate and traffic was stopped on the other side of an overpass. Right to where you could not see them until you where on the top of the overpass and by that time it was too late to stop.  I was going about 70mph and I did not have time to stop before I would hit the car in front of me so I swerved to the lane to the right and was expecting to have to pull off the shoulder. The very next second a 18-wheeler comes flying by in the lane I was originally in and ends up plowing through the traffic jam. He had to been going at least 60 mph.

The truck went through about 6 car lengths before it stopped.  There were about 14 cars involved in the wreck.  The car that got hit the worst was in the lane I was originally in.  The trunk of the car got smashed all the way past the rear seats and fell down the hill.

My family was in my car as well.  My brother was in the back seat and if we would have got hit like that it could have been really bad.  My dad still tells me about how I may have saved their lives that day.  Good thing is that there were no casualties that day, but I was still shaking for the rest of the day.

My Rig: i7-3770K, EVGA gtx980 SC, Asus P8-Z77 V-Pro, 2X Samsung 840 Evo 250GB SSD, 1X 850 Evo 1TB SSD, Corsair Obsidian 650D, 2X8GB Gskill Ripjaws, Seasonic X-850w PSU, Corsair H100i, 2X Asus vg248qe, Corsair Sabre RGB, 2X Corsair K95 RGB, Hyper X Cloud II

Corsair Krew - Lifetime Member  ASUS Krew - Lifetime Member  Samsung Krew - Lifetime Member EVGA Krew - Lifetime Member  Intel Krew - Lifetime Member

I almost drowned when I was 5.

Main rig on profile

VAULT - File Server

Spoiler

Intel Core i5 11400 w/ Shadow Rock LP, 2x16GB SP GAMING 3200MHz CL16, ASUS PRIME Z590-A, 2x LSI 9211-8i, Fractal Define 7, 256GB Team MP33, 3x 6TB WD Red Pro (general storage), 3x 1TB Seagate Barracuda (dumping ground), 3x 8TB WD White-Label (Plex) (all 3 arrays in their respective Windows Parity storage spaces), Corsair RM750x, Windows 11 Education

Sleeper HP Pavilion A6137C

Spoiler

Intel Core i7 6700K @ 4.4GHz, 4x8GB G.SKILL Ares 1800MHz CL10, ASUS Z170M-E D3, 128GB Team MP33, 1TB Seagate Barracuda, 320GB Samsung Spinpoint (for video capture), MSI GTX 970 100ME, EVGA 650G1, Windows 10 Pro

Mac Mini (Late 2020)

Spoiler

Apple M1, 8GB RAM, 256GB, macOS Sonoma

Consoles: Softmodded 1.4 Xbox w/ 500GB HDD, Xbox 360 Elite 120GB Falcon, XB1X w/2TB MX500, Xbox Series X, PS1 1001, PS2 Slim 70000 w/ FreeMcBoot, PS4 Pro 7015B 1TB (retired), PS5 Digital, Nintendo Switch OLED, Nintendo Wii RVL-001 (black)

i remember it like it was yesterday

i was walking minding my own business then this guy with an AWP was trying to kill me

CT bastard

If your grave doesn't say "rest in peace" on it You are automatically drafted into the skeleton war.

fell form my bike(normal bike) while going +/-40km/h(roughly 25mph) on a up going road, the fact that i rolled over 3 times and felt my steering bar hit my ribcage didnt feel good.

I was amazed when i walked away nearly unharmed and only the chain got loose form the bike.

May the light have your back and your ISO low.

When I had an allergic reaction to haddock and nearly died because I couldn't breathe

Lets see, in order of age:

6yrs - I crashed my bike under a car and was dragged down the road a good long way shredding my leg, could have been worse, driver did not want to stop.

10yrs - I crashed by bike over an embankment into a road and a car almost squashed my head.

15yrs - Stomach pumped from spiked drink... nasty cocktail had me paralytic + respiratory difficulties.

15yrs - Whilst at a disco I was stabbed in the leg 1cm from my femoral artery.

16yrs - I was overdosed on Midazolam and had a respiratory arrest.

18yrs - I broke 3 of my ribs running down by spine from my neck, almost punctured my lung and heart.

23yrs - Head on car crash at over 80mph, almost received a broken neck and/or aortic rupture.

29yrs - Rectal artery rupture almost resulting in exsanguination.

30yrs - Sepsis from perianal abscess.

The bleed and the sepsis were the most awful so far. There's nothing quite like having the feeling of severe flu/fever and no matter what you do it doesn't go away. You try to sleep, you wake up and it's a little worse... you try drugs but it's still just a little worse as soon as they have worn off... and then the horror when the antibiotics are done and it's still getting worse. That is what death feels like.

The single biggest problem in communication is the illusion that it has taken place.

Lets see, in order of age:

6yrs - I crashed my bike under a car and was dragged down the road a good long way shredding my leg, could have been worse, driver did not want to stop.

10yrs - I crashed by bike over an embankment into a road and a car almost squashed my head.

15yrs - Stomach pumped from spiked drink... nasty cocktail had me paralytic + repository difficulties.

15yrs - Whilst at a disco I was stabbed in the leg 1cm from my femoral artery.

16yrs - I was overdosed on Midazolam and had a repository arrest.

18yrs - I broke 3 of my ribs running down by spine from my neck, almost punctured my lung and heart.

23yrs - Head on car crash at over 80mph, almost received a broken neck and/or aortic rupture.

29yrs - Rectal artery rupture almost resulting in exsanguination.

30yrs - Sepsis from perianal abscess.

The bleed and the sepsis were the most awful so far. There's nothing quite like having the feeling of severe flu/fever and no matter what you do it doesn't go away. You try to sleep, you wake up and it's a little worse... you try drugs but it's still just a little worse as soon as they have worn off... and then the horror when the antibiotics are done and it's still getting worse. That is what death feels like.

Are you perhaps chuck norris?

:/

I was on a roller coaster. My friends forced me to go on a roller coaster. There was nothing wrong with the ride, I just felt like I almost died on it.