Whats the closest you've been to death

SirNumbers

Overtaking someone in the car when i didn't see oncomning traffic because of a dad spot. Fucking corn next to the road! :P

who cares...

Three days in ICU after a routine operation, because I had an anaphylactic shock due to an allergic reaction to the anaesthetic.

AND the glorious incident when I thought it was a great idea to go hiking in the hills when the heaviest thunderstorm of the last years was announced. A lightning struck into a tree 10 meters away from me. I maybe wasn't near death. but it scared the hell out of me.

• Primary PC: i7-3770K@4,6GHz | Thermalright Macho | ASRock Z77 Extreme 4 | 16 GB Corsair Vengeance@1866MHz | 2x Gigabyte 660ti 3GB@1130MHz | 256 GB Samsung 840 | WD Black 1TB | BeQuiet! DarkPower Pro 650W | Zalman Z11
  • Secondary PC: i7-860@3,1GHz | Scythe Katana 3 | ASUS Maximus III Formula P55 | 8GB Corsair Vengeance 1600MHz | 2x Zotac GTX 280@650MHz | WD Velociraptor 500GB | Seagate Barracuda 2TB | BeQuiet! DarkPower Pro 750W | Coolermaster Cosmos S

Once when I was 6, some kid came over and stole my pizza.  My Dad wacked him so hard with his walking stick and stepped on his ankle to break it.  I got back my pizza...  the other kid was like the same age as me though. 

If you wondering why he would do such a thing...  He was a sick alcoholic, so that's why lol.

I felt like I wanted to kill myself.  I had a knife to my throat and has almost cut it.  I still feel like crying out of embrassasment today.

It's probably never the one you think off but let's see what I thought were close calls

1) Had a mini stroke. 

2) Crashed the car into a telephone pole, totaled it and it I hadn't hit the breaks in time I would have definitely hit head on on the driver's side instead of the passenger's.

3) Somebody I was with was being closely watched by some drug dealer types and were likely closed to taking her and myself out but being broad daylight in a bar I think helped and I apparently was not followed by them when I left.

-------

Current Rig

-------

Probably during an epileptic seizure.

Spoiler

CPU:Intel Xeon X5660 @ 4.2 GHz RAM:6x2 GB 1600MHz DDR3 MB:Asus P6T Deluxe GPU:Asus GTX 660 TI OC Cooler:Akasa Nero 3

SSD:OCZ Vertex 3 120 GB HDD:2x640 GB WD Black Fans:2xCorsair AF 120 PSU:Seasonic 450 W 80+ Case:Thermaltake Xaser VI MX OS:Windows 10
Speakers:Altec Lansing MX5021 Keyboard:Razer Blackwidow 2013 Mouse:Logitech MX Master Monitor:Dell U2412M Headphones: Logitech G430

Big thanks to Damikiller37 for making me an awesome Intel 4004 out of trixels!

- 4 different motorbike accidents at 80+ Kph; without helmet (2 broken legs, one broken arm and a dislocated shoulder, and lots and lots of bruises)

- One car accident, i was going home and some drunk asshole decided to run a red light, all i remember was a seeing a car in my left then i woke up in the hospital, later i saw what was left of the car, a pile of metal and plastic, police said it was technically impossible for me to survive lol. Car insurance refused to pay over 60% of the cars price, bought the same Picanto  :wub:

Bonus : one day i was walking back to my car after buying cigarettes, i pulled out my phone to answer a call when two assholes on a motorbike got out of nowhere and almost cut my hand while grabbing the phone, i got into my car and chased them down the streets, they were going way past the speed limit so i decided to run them over, i waited for them to look back at me then i shortshifted and plumetted into them like a train, they slammed into the ground head first and i nearly missed a parked truck, I took a metal knuckle with me in case and got out to take my phone, bastard had like 4 iphones in his pocket .. 

i once stepped on a big rusty pin, i got really scared when i bled too much but not to death when i was 6 D:

- 4 different motorbike accidents at 80+ Kph; without helmet (2 broken legs, one broken arm and a dislocated shoulder, and lots and lots of bruises)

- One car accident, i was going home and some drunk asshole decided to run a red light, all i remember was a seeing a car in my left then i woke up in the hospital, later i saw what was left of the car, a pile of metal and plastic, police said it was technically impossible for me to survive lol. Car insurance refused to pay over 60% of the cars price, bought the same Picanto  :wub:

Bonus : one day i was walking back to my car after buying cigarettes, i pulled out my phone to answer a call when two assholes on a motorbike got out of nowhere and almost cut my hand while grabbing the phone, i got into my car and chased them down the streets, they were going way past the speed limit so i decided to run them over, i waited for them to look back at me then i shortshifted and plumetted into them like a train, they slammed into the ground head first and i nearly missed a parked truck, I took a metal knuckle with me in case and got out to take my phone, bastard had like 4 iphones in his pocket .. 

a peugeot 103 would leave picanto's parts out apart within seconds :lol:

I'm glad you're fine! :)

I jumped out of an airplane 7 times. Twice at 9800 ft. Everything went fine, but its one of those "you gotta do something before you die" situations. Never needed the reserve. Im ok with that.

CPU: i9-13900k MOBO: Asus Strix Z790-E RAM: 64GB GSkill  CPU Cooler: Corsair H170i

GPU: Asus Strix RTX-4090 Case: Fractal Torrent PSU: Corsair HX-1000i Storage: 2TB Samsung 990 Pro

2 Main ones I can think of

1- We were on holiday somewhere (Canary islands maybe? idk) and a massive storm rolled in while were we on the beach. Since we were wet from swimming anyway we decided to stay in the water after the massive waves started rolling in

We were diving into the waves (I would say 10ft high) or swimming under them and watching them swirl over head, it was beautiful!

until

I get dragged underwater in a big current, my snorkel and goggles go flying so I am completely blind, I get dragged to the bottom of the sea sliding along the bottom in the sand and rocks and get dragged out for a good 30/40 seconds, I kick hard, reach the surface choking on water to see the beach is like the size of an ant

I somehow managed to swim back  in

2 - Did the mongol rally (Drove from England to Mongolia) and when we were in Mongolia I decided to sit on top of the car as we drove through the desert at like 70mph. We had a spare wheel on the bonnet that made a great seat. I sat on this as the driver (cant remember who) got the car goinga s fast as possible (easily over 60) Then they braked hard....

I must have flown a good 20/25m through the air before skidding along the dirt, my raybans went flying like 50m across the floor

I stood up completely unhurt and decided it was my turn to drive

We also played bumper cars that day too (I think we had lost it tbh)

Desktop - Corsair 300r i7 4770k H100i MSI 780ti 16GB Vengeance Pro 2400mhz Crucial MX100 512gb Samsung Evo 250gb 2 TB WD Green, AOC Q2770PQU 1440p 27" monitor Laptop Clevo W110er - 11.6" 768p, i5 3230m, 650m GT 2gb, OCZ vertex 4 256gb,  4gb ram, Server: Fractal Define Mini, MSI Z78-G43, Intel G3220, 8GB Corsair Vengeance, 4x 3tb WD Reds in Raid 10, Phone Oppo Reno 10x 256gb , Camera Sony A7iii

I'm actually already dead. I post from beyond the grave.

Git Gud.

2 Main ones I can think of

1- We were on holiday somewhere (Canary islands maybe? idk) and a massive storm rolled in while were we on the beach. Since we were wet from swimming anyway we decided to stay in the water after the massive waves started rolling in

We were diving into the waves (I would say 10ft high) or swimming under them and watching them swirl over head, it was beautiful!

until

I get dragged underwater in a big current, my snorkel and goggles go flying so I am completely blind, I get dragged to the bottom of the sea sliding along the bottom in the sand and rocks and get dragged out for a good 30/40 seconds, I kick hard, reach the surface choking on water to see the beach is like the size of an ant

I somehow managed to swim back  in

2 - Did the mongol rally (Drove from England to Mongolia) and when we were in Mongolia I decided to sit on top of the car as we drove through the desert at like 70mph. We had a spare wheel on the bonnet that made a great seat. I sat on this as the driver (cant remember who) got the car goinga s fast as possible (easily over 60) Then they braked hard....

I must have flown a good 20/25m through the air before skidding along the dirt, my raybans went flying like 50m across the floor

I stood up completely unhurt and decided it was my turn to drive

We also played bumper cars that day too (I think we had lost it tbh)

That second one, that must have been one hell of a sight. 

What do they know of England, who only England know?

"Well that's what I always said I wanted to be remembered for, for being honest. Nothing else is worth a damn"

That second one, that must have been one hell of a sight. 

Yeah unfortunately nobody had the cameras going, even though we had go pros and dslrs and phones lol

It was sort of spur of the moment though (and we were all going stir crazy) 

Desktop - Corsair 300r i7 4770k H100i MSI 780ti 16GB Vengeance Pro 2400mhz Crucial MX100 512gb Samsung Evo 250gb 2 TB WD Green, AOC Q2770PQU 1440p 27" monitor Laptop Clevo W110er - 11.6" 768p, i5 3230m, 650m GT 2gb, OCZ vertex 4 256gb,  4gb ram, Server: Fractal Define Mini, MSI Z78-G43, Intel G3220, 8GB Corsair Vengeance, 4x 3tb WD Reds in Raid 10, Phone Oppo Reno 10x 256gb , Camera Sony A7iii

When I was 4 or 5 a Rottweiler tore up my shoulder, couple inches to the left and it would've been my throat. 

Also sitting through Titanic at the age of 8 nearly bored me to death.

HexCase: Corsair iCUE 5000X RGBCPU: Ryzen R7 3700X  | MOBO: Asus TUF Gaming X570-Plus | GPU: Gigabyte RTX 2070 Super | RAM: G.SKILL Ripjaw DDR4-3600 16GB | SSD: Corsair MP600 1TB & 480 GB EVO | HDD: 4tb WD Black & 3TB WD Green | PSU: EVGA SuperNOVA 850 G+ | Cooler: CORSAIR iCUE H100i RGB PRO XT, | Monitor: Acer Predator X34 | Keyboard: Corsair K70 RGB | Mouse: Logitech Hero | OS: Windows 11 | Speakers: Audioengine A5+ | Headset: Kingston HyperX Cloud 2 | Laptop/Tablet: TBD | Phone: Samsung Note 9 | PS4 | Xbox One | TV Sony XBR55X900F

Was choking on a piece of bread (pretty much a long piece of crust that had gone down my throat whole) and I eventually had to reach down my throat and pull it out whole, whilst struggling to breath.

The worse part was that it was at lunch and no-one did anything and started laughing because they didn't know what was going on and I had the composure to save myself, otherwise I'd have fallen to the floor

CPU: AMD Ryzen 7 3700X - CPU Cooler: Deepcool Castle 240EX - Motherboard: MSI B450 GAMING PRO CARBON AC

RAM: 2 x 8GB Corsair Vengeance Pro RBG 3200MHz - GPU: MSI RTX 3080 GAMING X TRIO

Yeah unfortunately nobody had the cameras going, even though we had go pros and dslrs and phones lol

It was sort of spur of the moment though (and we were all going stir crazy) 

Record it next time? ;)

"Well that's what I always said I wanted to be remembered for, for being honest. Nothing else is worth a damn"

Record it next time? ;)

Be right back, if you see a Grey Audi A4 go by with a fat guy on the roof its me

I was shot at by a home invader, right in the right lung, I was in the ICU for 2 weeks. Luckily, made a speedy and full recovery.

Holy mother of fuck! How are you not in some sort of therapy after that? That's terrible. Good thing you're feeling well :)!

ヽ༼ຈل͜ຈ༽ノ raise your dongers ヽ༼ຈل͜ຈ༽ノ

It feels as though no games ever leave the BETA stage anymore, until about 3 years after it officially releases. - Shd0w2 2014

Be right back, if you see a Grey Audi A4 go by with a fat guy on the roof its me

I'll keep my eyes pealed!

Sry mate, but you are rather dumb or an adrenalin junkie. Everyone who didn't at least wears a helmet when he/she is driving his/her motorbike isn't far from death anyways.

when i was younger living in Trinidad,  watching Ninja Warrior on G4 (this was before they made that murican ninja warrior).... My friend and I were running from his little brother and playing around and we hopped over this wall multiple times until i hopped over only to have my hand slip on a patch of moss. I was falling on my side so i was able to see where i was falling.I was about to fall on a rusty metal sticking from the ground.  I somehow entered the matrix and was able to shift my body so it only hit me on the side. I had a tiny gash on my side of my torso. It knocked the wind out of me but luckly i had my ghetto doctor (my friend)  who luckly had a med kit with stuff...soooo all i have left from that is a scar and a story that i laugh at all the time because I love crazy shit.

Well...

I almost drowned when I was a kid, almost got hit by a car - luckily I jumped to the side instead of just staring at it (you know like in the movies), Tomahawk missile flew a couple of metres above the building where I live during NATO bombing of my country - fun times. :D

Woah what country?

Fedex Ground must be on Horse back, It took 7 days to go 200 miles

Woah what country?

It was called Yugoslavia back then. :) Now it's Serbia.

CPU: AMD Ryzen 7 3800X Motherboard: MSI B550 Tomahawk RAM: Kingston HyperX Predator RGB 32 GB (4x8GB) DDR4 GPU: EVGA RTX3090 FTW3 SSD: ADATA XPG SX8200 Pro 512 GB NVME | Samsung QVO 1TB SSD  HDD: Seagate Barracuda 4TB | Seagate Barracuda 8TB Case: Phanteks ECLIPSE P600S PSU: Corsair RM850x

I am a gamer, not because I don't have a life, but because I choose to have many.

It was called Yugoslavia back then. :) Now it's Serbia.

Wow, close one with the missile.....

Wow, close one with the missile.....

Yeah, it didn't target anything in my city. Just flying by. :D It was shot down when it exited city area.

CPU: AMD Ryzen 7 3800X Motherboard: MSI B550 Tomahawk RAM: Kingston HyperX Predator RGB 32 GB (4x8GB) DDR4 GPU: EVGA RTX3090 FTW3 SSD: ADATA XPG SX8200 Pro 512 GB NVME | Samsung QVO 1TB SSD  HDD: Seagate Barracuda 4TB | Seagate Barracuda 8TB Case: Phanteks ECLIPSE P600S PSU: Corsair RM850x

I am a gamer, not because I don't have a life, but because I choose to have many.