Whats the closest you've been to death

SirNumbers

Tell me about it, 1 was an old 16 gauge shotgun, my friend was fucking with me and didn't realize I keep all my guns loaded, the second time was a .22LR bolt action that I was purposefully pointing at my own head.

Yet I'm still an atheist. And from experience, .22 is more like 5 in 500 rounds are duds, or at the least mis-strikes by the hammer (with that gun anyways, a marlin)

YOWCH, not a pleasant way to go from what I hear

.22 is more like a 1 in 20 chance of being a dud. :P

Rocket hit my schools bus stop 5 minutes before my bus arrived there.

Makes sense because you're in Israel. xD

The first of a few times that I came close to death was sledding in about the fifth grade. Started down the hill perfectly fine but eventually started turning and going really fast. I ended up going so fast that I couldn't stop my turn and I collided with a small tree. The impact hit me hard enough that I could barely control any part of my body below the neck for a good half hour, and I don't remeber seeing anything for the first few seconds after the impact.

The second time I was in the tropics in vacation with my family. We were at the beach as tourists usually are, and I can confidently call my self a good swimmer. My brother, father, and I were swimming in the shallows a bit and interacting with the waves in fun ways. I decided to try to ride a decent size wave in to the shore. The wave grew in size incredibly quickly and I was shoved straight into the sand neck first. Let's just say that the impact left me unable to move for a few seconds and the first memories I have after the impact are of me coughing up water and trying unsuccessfully to stand up.

Not the best of memories, but a good lesson to try to assess a situation before I dive headlong into it.

Something, something, something, famous quote, computer specs, and stuff...

I almost died from meningitis when i was 3 years old rushed to hospital and i couldn't woke up for a month. I'm deaf but wearing a cochlear implant :).

When I was like 2 years old. I fell into a river but was caught by my sweater. 

I have no remembrance of it but that's what my family has told me.

Mobo: Z97 MSI Gaming 7 / CPU: i5-4690k@4.5GHz 1.23v / GPU: EVGA GTX 1070 / RAM: 8GB DDR3 1600MHz@CL9 1.5v / PSU: Corsair CX500M / Case: NZXT 410 / Monitor: 1080p IPS Acer R240HY bidx

well i nearly drowned in a swimming pool but i launched myself up in time and in Spain someone jumped in as i was cooling my mum and the water went in my mouth and down... later that day i felt really sick, i couldn't eat or drink so i had to go to the hospital and have a drip on (NO ANAESTHETIC) 

My Setup :P

Spoiler

Skylake: I7-6700|MSI B150 GAMING M3|16GB GSKILL RIPJAWS V|R9 280X (WILL BE 1070)|CRUCIAL MX300 + WD BLACK 1TB

You know the big garden spades ~1 metre tall, my sister was spinning around with one in her hand she let go i ducked and it hit my head, it chipped my skull and only needed to be glued back together , if I didn't duck could have hit my throat either caving in my trachea making me suffocate or could have cut my throat.

5820k@3.8GHz| Corsair H100i |Gigabyte x99 SLI | Corsair 16GB | EVGA 780Ti SC ACX SLI x2 |240GB SSD120GB SSD 512GB SSD 2TB HDD | 3x ASUS VN247H 24" ( nVidia Surround)

Then do it.

i might get fsx :P im already getting a sim wheel so i can feel my man cave coming

My Setup :P

Spoiler

Skylake: I7-6700|MSI B150 GAMING M3|16GB GSKILL RIPJAWS V|R9 280X (WILL BE 1070)|CRUCIAL MX300 + WD BLACK 1TB

When I was 8 my 2 of my cousins thought it would be funny (Atleast I dont remember why it was) to grab my hands and legs and hang me of a building in manhatten (NYC), I still have the image of looking straight down burned into my head.

Lets see I have quite a few actually. The first one was when I got hit in the head with a baseball bat by my friend that wasn't paying attention and actually we remained good friends afterwards as well. I had to have staples in my head....then two weeks later i walked off a roof and landed 3" away from a cut rosebush. Then there was the time I started driving and drifted a corner only to be greeted by a deer and almost flipped my car. Then there was a time I got into a fight and fought 3 other people until one pulled out a gun. Then the other car accident where I got t boned cause some stupid tucker was texting and driving and wasn't even of age to drive. Then there is the countless reckless driving I do daily for my job for getting from one end of the city to the other in less then 5 mins which actually scares myself when I drive like that. so yea a few. Oh can't forget about the time a meth head broke into my house with a knife and started taking shit until i had a loaded shotgun in my hands....yea a couple.

If you've previously won the build off please pm me so we can get something worked out.

When I was in the Third grade I was going to the local McDonalds with a friend-who was an alien. We were crossing the street-on a no light crosswalk- and I wasn't paying attention, so I walked into the street and was pulled back by him right before a car hit me.

And so GabeN has told us to march forthith unto the Land of Holy welding our swords of mice, shields of keyboards, and helmets of Oculus Rifts where we shall reclaim it-which is rightfully ours-from the PUNY Console Peasants from whom armed only with mere controllers we shall decimate in all forms of battle and we shall dominate even in their most ridiculous tradition and infatuation of CoD. Yes, my brothers- sisters and trans sexuals too- we shall destroy the inferior of races with our might and majesty. And if any Peasants wish to join us they must speak now or forever perish. -Ancient Speech from a Leader of Old, Book of Murratri section 2

Stuck a knife in a toaster. Didnt know it was a bad idea till a year after.

My Rig:

OS: MSX CPU:Intel i5 4690K RAM: 16GB Averix Core Series  GPU: XFX R9 280X SSD:128GB Crucial M4 Motherboard:Gigabyte GA-Z97N Wifi Powersupply: Corsair HX750 CPU Cooler: Corsair H60i Case: Corsair 250D Monitors: Asus VE278 and Asus VW202 Keyboard: Steel Series 6G V2 Mouse: CM Sentinel Advanced Audio: Objective 2 ODAC Headphones: Senheiser HD595

everyone haas a near death expirience at some point in his life. till now mine was a couple of years back when my friends from college and i went on a roadtrip to italy. we camped ouutside at this beautiful mountain river. most of the time there is was really beautiful i hadnt seen anything like it before. there all these giant marmor stones with water floating between them. so we often climbed between the rocks and stuff and one day we decided to see how far we could get if we walk up the river to its origin. the other guys where quite a bit fitter than me but i still wnated to do it and so i found myself hanging on to my bare life when i lost grip on my feet. so fat me just hang there with my hands around this rock and under me there were just more rocks with a little bit of water over them but not enough to let go. the guys also couldnt help me since they had moved on and when they noticed, turning back was not an option. so after i looked down i somehow unleashed the hulk in me and pulled myself up screaming like hulk too.

"You know it'll clock down as soon as it hits 40°C, right?" - "Yeah ... but it doesnt hit 40°C ... ever  😄"

GPU: MSI GTX1080 Ti Aero @ 2 GHz (watercooled) CPU: Ryzen 5600X (watercooled) RAM: 32GB 3600Mhz Corsair LPX MB: Gigabyte B550i PSU: Corsair SF750 Case: Hyte Revolt 3

Ate a pretty bad egg sandwich once.... got a nasty pain in my stomach... went to bed

Damn living life on the edge!

I am happy little Vegemite.

When I was younger I almost got hit by a really big lorry. I thought it was safe enough to cross but it came into the junction quicker than I thought it would. I was about half a metre away from it.

Also on a really rainy day I was driving home on the motorway and my car hit a puddle at 80mph and pretty much slid out of control. Luckily with all that racing sim practice I knew what to do and managed to turn the car in the right direction. I drove at 50 for the rest of the motorway journey  :D

I almost got struck by lightning too. My friends and I were in a field and a bolt of lightning came down about 20 metres away from us. We all felt the air pressure as the bolt hit the ground.

| My first build: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/117400-my-very-first-build/ | Build for my friend's 18th: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/168660-pc-for-my-friends-18th-with-pictures-complete/ |

ATH-M50X Review: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/165934-review-audio-technica-ath-m50-x/ | Nintendo 3DS XL Review: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/179711-nintendo-3ds-xl-review/ | Game Capture Guide: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/186547-ultimate-guide-to-recording-your-gameplay/

Case: Corsair 200R CPU: i5 4670K @ 3.4GHz RAM: Corsair 8GB 1600MHz C9 Mobo: GIGABYTE Z87-HD3 GPU: MSI R9 290 Cooler: Hyper 212 EVO PSU: EVGA 750W Storage: 120GB SSD, 1TB HDD Display: Dell U2212HM OS: Windows 8

Got stabbed once. Was luckily wearing a vest.

The Mistress: Case: Corsair 760t   CPU:  Intel Core i7-4790K 4GHz(stock speed at the moment) - GPU: MSI 970 - MOBO: MSI Z97 Gaming 5 - RAM: Crucial Ballistic Sport 1600MHZ CL9 - PSU: Corsair AX760  - STORAGE: 128Gb Samsung EVO SSD/ 1TB WD Blue/Several older WD blacks.

Fell off a moving vehicle when I was 6... Multiple near-miss (avoided) car crashes since I was 18...

While I was in elementary school I feel from a desk I was on. The desk fell over and I fell on the desk's metal bar, right in my chest cavity. I couldn't breathe. And the worse thing is there was nobody around.

The stone cannot know why the chisel cleaves it; the iron cannot know why the fire scorches it. When thy life is cleft and scorched, when death and despair leap at thee, beat not thy breast and curse thy evil fate, but thank the Builder for the trials that shape thee.

Back when I was 8, it was the first day of a skiing holiday, when I used to ski. I decided to ride down a red run, which is the intermediate slope. With me being 8 and stupid, I forgot that when in the snowplow position, you need to turn. Instead, I kept going straight, only going faster and faster. By this point I was panicking and eventually the obvious happened. My skis were pulled from under me by the speed I was going. According to my parents, my head stuck the snow and I ragdolled down the mountain until I was still. I don't remember any of it, I just remember meeting the cold snow when crashing, then black. From what my mother remembers, she said I didn't move for up to five minutes. 

Lucky I now snowboard and have done since that year. Shame it doesn't save me from injuries. Tore my MCL ligament this year and was out for 6 months. Ironically, first day of the holiday, just as my near death story. 

What do they know of England, who only England know?

"Well that's what I always said I wanted to be remembered for, for being honest. Nothing else is worth a damn"

Probably standing on the edge of this tunnel while i'm 'under the influence', i lack motor skills when i am 'under the influence' and i lost one foot off of the edge of it, luckily i grabbed a nearby tree.

WP_20140427_001_zps3160ae94.jpg

It doesn't look that high in the picture but it's about a 40 foot drop and to actually walk across the front you have to climb around the fencing stopping you from doing so, which gives you about a foot to maneuver. 

Where do bad folks go when they die?
They don't go to heaven where the angels fly
They go to the lake of fire and fry, Won't see them again 'till the fourth of July

.22 is more like a 1 in 20 chance of being a dud. :P

Lol true.

Ketchup is better than mustard.

GUI is better than Command Line Interface.

Dubs are better than subs

lol haha, it's not that bad. It's just that where I live, my neighborhood is in the middle of a forest and creek, so there are still thriving habitats around us.

i got bit by a big snake once on my arm, there are now two marks where the fangs entered. not sure what kind he was but he didn't like me playing in the bush.

CPU: AMD FX-8120 | CPU Cooler: Thermaltake Contac 30 | Motherboard: GIGABYTE GA-990FXA-UD3 | Memory: Kingston 16GB (4 x 4GB) DDR3-1333 | Storage: WD 1TB | GPU: Gigabyte Radeon HD 7870 | Case: Thermaltake Chaser MK-I | PSU: Thermaltake Black Widow 850W

Um well when I was one I fell off of our balcony (which used to be outside but we added a room so it was indoors) which is like a 10 foot drop. I landed on my head and a hospital helicopter had to land in the field next to my house. I was in the hospital for only one day and the next day all I had was a black eye and a temporarily swollen head. You know how babies' heads are soft when they are young and that babies heal quickly? Well that's how I'm still here today without any brain damage (but I keep that excuse of "I fell on my head as a baby" if I need it).

Spoiler

i5 4670k, GTX 970, 12GB 1600, 120GB SSD, 240GB SDD, 1TB HDD, CM Storm Quickfire TK, G502, VG248QE, ATH M40x, Fractal R4

Spoiler

i5 4278U, Intel Iris Graphics, 8GB 1600, 128GB SSD, 2560x1600 IPS display, Mid-2014 Model

Spoiler

All the parts are here, just need to get customized cords to connect the motherboard to the front panel.

Well...

I almost drowned when I was a kid, almost got hit by a car - luckily I jumped to the side instead of just staring at it (you know like in the movies), Tomahawk missile flew a couple of metres above the building where I live during NATO bombing of my country - fun times. :D

CPU: AMD Ryzen 7 3800X Motherboard: MSI B550 Tomahawk RAM: Kingston HyperX Predator RGB 32 GB (4x8GB) DDR4 GPU: EVGA RTX3090 FTW3 SSD: ADATA XPG SX8200 Pro 512 GB NVME | Samsung QVO 1TB SSD  HDD: Seagate Barracuda 4TB | Seagate Barracuda 8TB Case: Phanteks ECLIPSE P600S PSU: Corsair RM850x

I am a gamer, not because I don't have a life, but because I choose to have many.