Logitech G402 Available for preorder

brownninja97

But that's...this topic?

Unless you're referring to the one i started, which apparently got merged with this one

I protest :(

Specs: 4790k | Asus Z-97 Pro Wifi | MX100 512GB SSD | NZXT H440 Plastidipped Black | Dark Rock 3 CPU Cooler | MSI 290x Lightning | EVGA 850 G2 | 3x Noctua Industrial NF-F12's

Bought a powermac G5, expect a mod log sometime in 2015

Corsair is overrated, and Anime is ruined by the people who watch it

But that's...this topic?

Unless you're referring to the one i started, which apparently got merged with this one

I protest :(

what the fuck

I am completely mindfucked

I could have sworn I saw a new topic in Tech News and Reviews

what the fuck

I am completely mindfucked

I could have sworn I saw a new topic in Tech News and Reviews

This entire topic is confusing me. Some mod hijacked my tread and put it into this one, the same probably happened to the one you're thinking about.

Specs: 4790k | Asus Z-97 Pro Wifi | MX100 512GB SSD | NZXT H440 Plastidipped Black | Dark Rock 3 CPU Cooler | MSI 290x Lightning | EVGA 850 G2 | 3x Noctua Industrial NF-F12's

Sorry... I just want to keep making stuff better. :(

I know. I know. March of progress and all that. Still a bit bummed, but whatever. I'm completely happy with the G502 and my G702+ as products. I just had bad timing when buying the G502 is all. Maybe next time. 

Or I might sell it and buy a G402 in it's place. We will see. :3

† Christian Member †

For my pertinent links to guides, reviews, and anything similar, go here, and look under the spoiler labeled such. A brief history of Unix and it's relation to OS X by Builder.

Sorry... I just want to keep making stuff better. :(

You want to make stuff better?

Try removing the sniper button, Moving the dpi changing buttons to behind the scroll wheel, changing the LED to an RGB one and lower the price to $50 USD and you'll have a much better mouse. A ring finger and pinky finger rest would be nice too, but that might be a bit much to ask for :P

imo the only good thing about the new mice from logitech is the sensor and the shape, Sorry

Try removing the sniper button, Moving the dpi changing buttons to behind the scroll wheel, changing the LED to an RGB one and lower the price to $50 USD and you'll have a much better mouse. A ring finger and pinky finger rest would be nice too, but that might be a bit much to ask for :P

imo the only good thing about the new mice from logitech is the sensor and the shape, Sorry

Thanks for the feedback. We'll take that into consideration for future product development.

Gaming mouse and racing wheel product manager for

Logitech G. Follow us on Facebook or Twitter.

Hi,

Product manager for Hyperion Fury here to answer some questions and such.

As a mostly FPS gamer that uses low sensitivity and hates acceleration, I cannot wait to get hold of this

My G500 seems to be a bit flakey, and since every peripheral I own is Logitech I feel like I should keep it in the family so to speak

I also plan on doing a review on YouTube as soon as i can get my hands on one!

Desktop - Corsair 300r i7 4770k H100i MSI 780ti 16GB Vengeance Pro 2400mhz Crucial MX100 512gb Samsung Evo 250gb 2 TB WD Green, AOC Q2770PQU 1440p 27" monitor Laptop Clevo W110er - 11.6" 768p, i5 3230m, 650m GT 2gb, OCZ vertex 4 256gb,  4gb ram, Server: Fractal Define Mini, MSI Z78-G43, Intel G3220, 8GB Corsair Vengeance, 4x 3tb WD Reds in Raid 10, Phone Oppo Reno 10x 256gb , Camera Sony A7iii

I disagree wholly with this as there are plenty of mice already like that. Why have a product that is the same as everyone else. Also I personally thing DPI change behind the scroll wheel is the stupidest thing ever because theyre rear impossible to use in game.

Thanks for the feedback. We'll take that into consideration for future product development.

@chris_LogitechG I await the G702. You guys exceeded my ideas I had for changes from the G500s and made a stellar mouse but it does no fit the hand like the G700s, which I consider to be a true palm mouse. As I said before im willing to help in any way I can.

I some predictions for the G400s and the G500s they were pretty spot on for the G502 I wont know if the went the other route on the G402 until I have my hands on but I think its a bit different of a direction just from the few pictures ive seen. I remember the predictions but cant seem to find the exact post where I laid it all out. the closest I could find was this one mentioning it.

I dont know if there is anything you can comment on this post that was shortly after the launch of the G502. If there is please do.

Shortly after I got my G602 I actually sent a support ticket in asking a few things and was wondering if yo ucould shed some light on the subject since I just got kinda blown off. It is the the below quote.

Why are there only 250dpi adjustments in hardware mode?

Does this mean that when in software mode the software is actually working out the dpi that differ from the ones available in hardware mode?

Can I ask why the 4000dpi sensor from the G400s was not used instead of the 2500dpi one from the G100s?

As far as I can tell all endurance mode does is lower the polling. Is this the case or does it also enable something like the power saver option on the G700 and G700s?

Also why isnt there a predicted battery life in any of your gaming mice in the software like you have on your consumer mice?

EDIT: Also forgot to ask this but I assume that the G400s or something with the original design will always be kept in the product line for those loyal followers or am I wrong?

I hope it comes in more colours!

likely not

Oh my god. Does anyone know when it will be released? I need this for my new build, + it's flippin' only £49.99! :D

One thing though: Where is the scroll mode button? :(

It looks to have the same scroll wheel and build as the G602.

Speaking of, it's on an amazing sale on amazon right now, it costs less than the G402 and the G502.

http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/189011-amazon-us-logitech-g602-5550/

Its also a older lower spec'd mouse

must just be me but wireless mice just dont cut the mustard for mein terms of latency and polling rates

How so the G700 and G700s have the exact same specs as a wired mouse and with no noticeable latency. Even the G602 at 500hz is plenty. I mean standard polling rate on usb is 125hz and how long did people play with that?

g502 thats all.

G402 and G502 have the same number of thumb buttons...

I just wish it had 4 thumb buttons like the G602... my thumbs are too short, gets annoying having to shift my palm just to reach them.

G602 has 6 the G700s has 4

I think this will blow it away, although the g400 is my favourite ever mouse shape of all that i have owned and tried (i still have an mx510 and 518)

I dont know wether or not to get this, or the 502

If youll use the extra buttons the 502 aqs their bigger and likely easier to hit. It also has a better sensor.

If youll use the extra buttons the 502 aqs their bigger and likely easier to hit. It also has a better sensor.

Not sure, my main mice have been the MX510/518 and G500, (also use an MX Nano)

Better sensor how?

If so, then I will get the 502, price is irrelevant 

Desktop - Corsair 300r i7 4770k H100i MSI 780ti 16GB Vengeance Pro 2400mhz Crucial MX100 512gb Samsung Evo 250gb 2 TB WD Green, AOC Q2770PQU 1440p 27" monitor Laptop Clevo W110er - 11.6" 768p, i5 3230m, 650m GT 2gb, OCZ vertex 4 256gb,  4gb ram, Server: Fractal Define Mini, MSI Z78-G43, Intel G3220, 8GB Corsair Vengeance, 4x 3tb WD Reds in Raid 10, Phone Oppo Reno 10x 256gb , Camera Sony A7iii

Not sure, my main mice have been the MX510/518 and G500, (also use an MX Nano)

Better sensor how?

If so, then I will get the 502, price is irrelevant

Button wise the G402 would probably be fine then.

402 has same sensor as 100s and 602 whis is max 2500 dpi this is being interpolated the rest of its range also has a accelerometer to account for highspeeds exceeding tge sensor.

502 goes higher and doesnt need tge accelarometer.

Button wise the G402 would probably be fine then. 402 has same sensor as 100s and 602 whis is max 2500 dpi this is being interpolated the rest of its range also has a accelerometer to account for highspeeds exceeding tge sensor. 502 goes higher and doesnt need tge accelarometer.

I generally use 800-1000 DPI so that shouldnt be an issue, rarely whip the mouse around either

Hmm tough decision

doing a build for my friend where i was recommending him the G502 but he didnt like it because of all the buttons. this comes so save the day from him buying a shitty mouse.

You do realize this has just 1 less useable button than the 502, right? The scroll wheel lock is not a useable button on the 502, so the only button you lose between this and the 502 is the DPI Cycling button. They both have 5 side buttons, they are just shaped/sized a little different.

i7 2600K @ 4.7GHz/ASUS P8Z68-V Pro/Corsair Vengeance LP 2x4GB @ 1600MHz/EVGA GTX 670 FTW SIG 2/Cooler Master HAF-X

http://www.speedtest.net/my-result/3591491194

I generally use 800-1000 DPI so that shouldnt be an issue, rarely whip the mouse around either

Hmm tough decision

Well u have a month to think on it :P

You do realize this has just 1 less useable button than the 502, right? The scroll wheel lock is not a useable button on the 502, so the only button you lose between this and the 502 is the DPI Cycling button. They both have 5 side buttons, they are just shaped/sized a little different.

U sir are correct.

Hi,

Hi, Chris. I wondered if the mouse is supposed to be held with both fingers on the right side under the lip like the G502?

Case: Fractal Design R4  Motherboard: Asus Z87-Plus  Processor: Intel i7 4770K  GPU: MSI GTX 1070 Gaming X  RAM: Corsair Vengenace Pro 16GB  PSU: Be Quiet Dark Power Pro 10 750W  SSD: Samsung 850 Evo 500GB   Monitor(s): LG 24GM77  Keyboard: Logitech G410  Mouse: Zowie EC1-A  Mousepad: Puretrak Talent White Ed.  Headset: Kingston HyperX Cloud II

Hi, Chris. I wondered if the mouse is supposed to be held with both fingers on the right side under the lip like the G502?

If so it would mean my G400s update predictions would be mostly incorrect... :(

well regardless, they look better for him since they are positioned in such a way where he would not press them without intending to, he is a console gamer, but he's joining us and the G502 looks really hard to use for a newb, too many features

Really looking forward to this mouse. Such a catchy name and a cool technology involved into it. Probably waiting for more reviews to come

Spoiler

Hi,

So is this mouse basically supposed to serve as a budget G502 Proteus Core? That's my first impression based on the button config and the price.

Is there anything about this mouse other than the apparent speed of it that makes it worth picking up over another G mouse or a Razer mouse?

Because, to be honest, marketing it for speed doesn't mean much to me. I just let my gear sit at 2500 DPI and I play mobas and shooters, so crazy speed doesn't matter much to me.

Not trying to sound rude at all, just asking: what about THIS mouse is going to make me drop the $60 on THIS mouse? Would that money be better spent on something with more buttons to map?

Git Gud.

I have the G502 and I'm pretty darn happy with it, usually, it takes me a while to adjust to a new mouse. It'd take a couple of weeks for me to adjust to the shape and feel of a new mouse, and I usually play UT3 to see what kind of score I'd get. I'm doing about as well as when I use my Roccat Kone XTD or G700s. Surprised actually, at how well I was doing in my games. Only complaint I have about it was the fact that mine needed a firmware update to get it to run nicely (before the update, it'd randomly scroll and I find myself with a different weapon.....resulting in my being fragged). 

Main Rig: AMD AM4 R9 5900X (12C/24T) + Tt Water 3.0 ARGB 360 AIO | Gigabyte X570 Aorus Xtreme | 2x 16GB Corsair Vengeance DDR4 3600C16 | XFX MERC 310 RX 7900 XTX | 256GB Sabrent Rocket NVMe M.2 PCIe Gen 3.0 (OS) | 4TB Lexar NM790 NVMe M.2 PCIe4x4 | 2TB TG Cardea Zero Z440 NVMe M.2 PCIe Gen4x4 | 4TB Samsung 860 EVO SATA SSD | 2TB Samsung 860 QVO SATA SSD | 6TB WD Black HDD | CoolerMaster H500M | Corsair HX1000 Platinum | Topre Type Heaven + Seenda Ergonomic W/L Vertical Mouse + 8BitDo Ultimate 2.4G | iFi Micro iDSD Black Label | Philips Fidelio B97 | C49HG90DME 49" 32:9 144Hz Freesync 2 | Omnidesk Pro 2020 48" | 64bit Win11 Pro 23H2

2nd Rig: AMD AM4 R9 3900X + TR PA 120 SE | Gigabyte X570S Aorus Elite AX | 2x 16GB Patriot Viper Elite II DDR4 4000MHz | Sapphire Nitro+ RX 6900 XT | 500GB Crucial P2 Plus NVMe M.2 PCIe Gen 4.0 (OS)2TB Adata Legend 850 NVMe M.2 PCIe Gen4x4 |  2TB Kingston NV2 NVMe M.2 PCIe Gen4x4 | 4TB Leven JS600 SATA SSD | 2TB Seagate HDD | Keychron K2 + Logitech G703 | SOLDAM XR-1 Black Knight | Enermax MAXREVO 1500 | 64bit Win11 Pro 23H2

So is this mouse basically supposed to serve as a budget G502 Proteus Core? That's my first impression based on the button config and the price.

Is there anything about this mouse other than the apparent speed of it that makes it worth picking up over another G mouse or a Razer mouse?

Because, to be honest, marketing it for speed doesn't mean much to me. I just let my gear sit at 2500 DPI and I play mobas and shooters, so crazy speed doesn't matter much to me.

Not trying to sound rude at all, just asking: what about THIS mouse is going to make me drop the $60 on THIS mouse? Would that money be better spent on something with more buttons to map?

Well how many mice have more buttons than this one in this price range that you would actually consider buying?

I have the G502 and I'm pretty darn happy with it, usually, it takes me a while to adjust to a new mouse. It'd take a couple of weeks for me to adjust to the shape and feel of a new mouse, and I usually play UT3 to see what kind of score I'd get. I'm doing about as well as when I use my Roccat Kone XTD or G700s. Surprised actually, at how well I was doing in my games. Only complaint I have about it was the fact that mine needed a firmware update to get it to run nicely (before the update, it'd randomly scroll and I find myself with a different weapon.....resulting in my being fragged).

I felt this wqs more due to leaving the scroll wheel on hyper scroll becayse it as so much mass.

well regardless, they look better for him since they are positioned in such a way where he would not press them without intending to, he is a console gamer, but he's joining us and the G502 looks really hard to use for a newb, too many features

Incorrect again. There are all in the exact same position. The one difference is the Sniper button is turned 90 degrees to that it sits closer to your thumb. Not saying the 402 is bad in any way, I actually would have gone with it over the 502 because I don't need the 12,000 DPI sensor, but the buttons between the two are almost exactly the same. The only thing that got repositioned was the DPI indicator. When they turned the Sniper button on its side, they stuck the DPI indicator above it. But the other 4 side buttons are in the exact same spot on both mice.

i7 2600K @ 4.7GHz/ASUS P8Z68-V Pro/Corsair Vengeance LP 2x4GB @ 1600MHz/EVGA GTX 670 FTW SIG 2/Cooler Master HAF-X

http://www.speedtest.net/my-result/3591491194